Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 3)

2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Bonehead
Norma Jeane
Ed_Distasio_1

• Norma Jeane
    Topics:

Austin Butler is the new Hollywood sensation.❤️❤️❤️

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Austin Butler is the new Hollywood sensation.❤️❤️

You’ve lost your annoyance factor and now just make me laugh. Thanks for that ❤️❤️❤️

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    2. The Fabelmans
    3. The Banshees of Inisherin
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    6. Top Gun: Maverick
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

jaddie34
    Topics:

Austin Butler is best. If you will back to history, there are many celebrities of women Activists that we can’t forget.

Ed Distasio
    Topics:

the elvis haters are in denial but  butler is winning

MysticMagix
    Topics:

Austin will prob perform a medley at the oscars, mark my words

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

OscarBait
    Topics:

I’m feeling pretty good about Fraser, Farrell, and Butler, and I’ve got Diego Calva sight unseen. Pretty stumped for the final spot, is anyone particularly confident or passionate about another contender and wants to make the case as to why? I’ve got Bill Nighy for now but with very little confidence.

Bonehead
    Topics:

I’m feeling pretty good about Fraser, Farrell, and Butler, and I’ve got Diego Calva sight unseen. Pretty stumped for the final spot, is anyone particularly confident or passionate about another contender and wants to make the case as to why? I’ve got Bill Nighy for now but with very little confidence.

I’ve moved Bill Nighy up to 2, ahead of Fraser, and below Farrell, at least for nominations.

Living could be Christmas catnip to certain Oscar voters, and it’s being shipped to them directly by Sony campaign strategists.

"I wasn't trying to be nice. I was trying to be accurate."

BurgerFriesSoda
    Topics:

I’m not sure why Nighy is being underestimated. Sony Pictures Classics, Brit with support from Brits, character actor with years under the belt, film designed to highlight the role, that role focusing on aging/mortality, never been nominated, etc etc. I’m not confident at the moment in the win, but I’m not more confident anybody else is getting a nomination as much as I am him.

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

I’m not sure why Nighy is being underestimated. Sony Pictures Classics, Brit with support from Brits, character actor with years under the belt, film designed to highlight the role, that role focusing on aging/mortality, never been nominated, etc etc. I’m not confident at the moment in the win, but I’m not more confident anybody else is getting a nomination as much as I am him.

it’s because his role is subtle

BurgerFriesSoda
    Topics:

it’s because his role is subtle

That sometimes fails a performance for a nomination, but not usually when it’s someone of Nighy’s stature or if the subtle role is the main highlight without any other focus. This category frequently recognizes subtler performances once in a while.

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

That sometimes fails a performance for a nomination, but not usually when it’s someone of Nighy’s stature or if the subtle role is the main highlight without any other focus. This category frequently recognizes subtler performances once in a while.

hopefully

sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

I’ve got Nighy easily in my #4 spot and will probably move him up to three. Like everyone else has pointed out, there’s lots going in his favor for a nomination. I’m not sure why there’s any lack of confidence in him, this type of nomination happens frequently.

The real fight right now, to me, is that last spot. I currently still have Jackman rounding out the 5. I just really think him being seen as giving a great performance in The Son despite reviews + his penchant to campaign + favor among the acting branch will get him a nomination. I could replace him with Calva if Babylon is a hit. If Mescal or Pope pick up any momentum I’d LOVE a reason to slide them in and would jump for it. Although, I think they’ll be Hawke’d/Cage’d this year and do well among critics awards but not among precursors. I don’t really see anyone else in the conversation.

Selma Linda
    Topics:

I think Song Kang-ho is going to be nominated, he might as well win one of the trifecta.

Norma Jeane
    Topics:

Song Kang-ho is not happening.

Norma Jeane
    Topics:

1. Austin Butler
    2. Colin Farrell
    3. Brendan Fraser
    4. Diego Calva
    5. Tom Cruise

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.