Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 3)

2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 484 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Bonehead
Norma Jeane
kamila

• blackwidow12
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Jackman might miss….

xohours
    Topics:

this year’s field is weaker than usual where I can def see Cruise can pull a surprise nom considering the phenomenal that Maverick has become, both commercially & critically, especially if the movie over-performs, which atp, I wouldn’t be surprise

Bonehead
    Topics:

Just like actress is, we have a solid 3 at the moment, with even bigger names to pick from. I think the only big difference between actor and actress this year, is that Actress continues to surprise us with possibility,  where as Actor all but feels it’s between 1 of 3 people: Butler, Farrell, and Fraser.

Sony is known to run laser-focused campaigns and pull off miracles.

Bill Nighy is going to appeal to all the boomers in the Academy. Living is one of the screeners they’ll be putting in over the holidays.

He’ll need critics and precursor support, but let’s not count out Bill Nighy. The BAFTA might have his name written on it.

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Bill Nighy is going to appeal to all the old boomers in the Academy. It’s one of the screeners they’re gonna be putting in over the holidays. Sony is known to run laser-focused campaigns and pull off miracles. He’ll need critics and precursor support, but let’s not count out Bill Nighy. The BAFTA might have his name written on it.

Hard agree. Two words: Love Actually

Once there was only Dark. If you ask me, the Light's winning.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Topics:

Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Guys we can all enjoy Fraser and Butler. They were both phemonemal. If Butler loses it’s fine because he is young and will have many opportunities. If fraser wins then awesome! If he loses, whatever it’s not a big deal. Colin could even win as well given his Best Actor award at Venice over Fraser. I’d LOVE to see Nighy win atleast a BAFTA award.

Selma Linda
    Topics:

I think Adam Driver might still show up. I believe he has a better chance than Hugh Jackman.

Selma Linda
    Topics:

White noise it’s 91% at the rotten, doesn’t feel like a divisive movie.

Norma Jeane
    Topics:

Gonna be hilarious when Austin butler sweeps and the haters get mad

The way he’s going to sweep, Austin has one of the easiest Oscars since Gary Oldman playing Winston Churchill.

Lydia 3rd Oscar TAR
    Topics:

Hugh Jackman is outside the top 5. Paul Mescal, Jeremy Pope and Tom Cruise are rising

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: Holy Spider
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Actor: Brendan Fraser
    Best Supporting Actress: Olivia de Leon
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan

Selma Linda
    Topics:

Aftersun is too small a movie for Paul Mescal to happen.

MysticMagix
    Topics:

Will smith is gonna be in the conversation. And i hope he gets nominated (and wins) just to piss all yall and the world off.

Love him and his acting. And i still think the slap was warranted to racist chris and his misogynistic behavior (to a degree). But either way, if voters rally behind him he could slip in to the 5th slot.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

SarahvsAwards
    Topics:

I’m seeing a lot of “best of” type lists coming out from festivals listing The Inspection, and particularly building buzz for Pope. It’s a small movie and would be an uphill battle, but if he gets some Gotham/Spirits nominations (I can’t find a budget for it but I assume it’s below the threshold) I could see there being an argument for him to sneak into a fifth spot.

I don’t really think it’s gonna happen, but it’s nice to consider it something worth at least keeping an eye on.

Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 484 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.