Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 4)

2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Victor
Bonehead
Moviebuff22

• LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Elvis singing Unchained Melody at the piano will be Austin Butler’s oscar scene. You will understand why he deserves that trophy. He got this.

m844
    Topics:

Babes, I see Colin Farrell winning the Oscar. Banshees is a top 3 contender for Best Picture, which is strongly correlated with Lead Actor. Both Elvis and The Whale may or may not be nominated, and if both are out, Farrell wins by default. I think The Whale is shakier than Elvis, which I think will be nominated for BP.

KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

The more I think about the race the more I think Austin Butler could win. If he’s nominated of course. His movie is probably getting a nomination, he has the flashy biopic performance like Malek and Redmayne, both who were in their 30’s, and won on their first nominations. Colin Farrell has a good shot as well. Both have to win some televised awards though. Televised awards are more important than critics awards.

I’m just not seeing a Brendan Fraser win right now. His movie seems weak, the Oscars do not care about giving acting awards based on sentimentality as they’ve shown before. If Brendan Fraser wins it’s because they really like his performance. He’s not going to be able to win solely based on people feeling sorry for him.

B.A.P.S
    Topics:

Where I’m at right now

GG Drama: Butler
    GG Comedy: Farrell
    CC: Butler or Farrell
    SAG: Butler
    BAFTA: Farrell
    Oscar: Butler or Farrell, but currently leaning towards Butler

Bonehead
    Topics:

The more I think about the race the more I think Austin Butler could win. If he’s nominated of course. His movie is probably getting a nomination, he has the flashy biopic performance like Malek and Redmayne, both who were in their 30’s, and won on their first nominations.

They sure like to award popular biopic performances. That definitely is in Austin Butler’s favor.

Over the last 20 years, there’s only been 7 times that a biopic performance didn’t win, and it was clear when they weren’t winning.

Jonathan Pryce as Pope Francis lost to Joaquin Phoenix (swept).
    Andrew Garfield as Desmond Doss lost to Casey Affleck (swept).
    Brad Pitt as Billy Beane lost to Jean Dujardin (swept).
    Gary Oldman as Herman Mankiewicz lost and Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela lost but both actors had already won recently.
    The other two years there were no biopic performances to choose from.

Everything else has been a biopic.

If Austin Butler is nominated and neither Farrell nor Fraser is the clear industry sweeper, then I’d probably start predicting Austin Butler to win.

NevadaR
    Topics:

Where I’m at right now GG Drama: Butler GG Comedy: Farrell CC: Butler or Farrell SAG: Butler BAFTA: Farrell Oscar: Butler or Farrell, but currently leaning towards Butler

How many times….Whoever wins the BAFTA wins the Oscar. If Butler is the Oscar winner he will also take BAFTA. Told this with Smith too when people were saying he might not get nominated or that he doesn’t need it. Butler needs to be top 3 there if he’s the eventual winner in this category. But BAFTA being ahead of SAG this season is not in his favor. Farrell will be the critics favorite/frontrunner and he will also be having a Globe. He might just be a better position but we’ll see.

B.A.P.S
    Topics:

How many times….Whoever wins the BAFTA wins the Oscar. If Butler is the Oscar winner he will also take BAFTA. Told this with Smith too when people were saying he might not get nominated or that he doesn’t need it. Butler needs to be top 3 there if he’s the eventual winner in this category. But BAFTA being ahead of SAG this season is not in his favor. Farrell will be the critics favorite/frontrunner and he will also be having a Globe. He might just be a better position but we’ll see.

Ehhh…BAFTA being ahead of SAG is the main reason why I’m leaning towards Butler. SAG tends to get it right 99% of the time and the fact that it’s a few days before final Oscar voting is why Butler might win. A televised win at SAG a few days before final voting…? That would seal the deal for him.

NevadaR
    Topics:

Ehhh…BAFTA being ahead of SAG is the main reason why I’m leaning towards Butler. SAG tends to get it right 99% of the time and the fact that it’s a few days before final Oscar voting is why Butler might win. A televised win at SAG a few days before final voting…? That would seal the deal for him.

Actually, it’s BAFTA that gets it right most of times. Every year I get contradicted and every year I’m right. Butler shouldn’t lose BAFTA if he’s the eventual Oscar winner. So, if you’re predicting him to take the Oscar, predict him to take BAFTA as well. Same goes for Fraser or Farrell.

B.A.P.S
    Topics:

Actually, it’s BAFTA that gets it right most of times. Every year I get contradicted and every year I’m right. Butler shouldn’t lose BAFTA if he’s the eventual Oscar winner. So, if you’re predicting him to take the Oscar, predict him to take BAFTA as well. Same goes for Fraser or Farrell.

The reason I’m predicting Farrell for BAFTA is because they seem to love McDonagh. Not counting out Butler for BAFTA but for now I have Farrell

loudtoilet
    Topics:

LOL people who doubt Butler’s nomination. He’s in. His movie will be a Picture nominee. It’s AMPAS catnip and WB has nothing else so they’ll give it all to the campaign.

Cluedon657
    Topics:

December:

1. Colin Farrell (The Banshees of Inisherin)
    2. Austin Butler (Elvis)
    3. Brendan Fraser (The Whale)
    4. Bill Nighy (Living)
    5. Tom Cruise (Top Gun: Maverick)

MysticMagix
    Topics:

Butler is winning

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Final prediction before the precursors:

1. Brendan Fraser (The Whale)

2. Colin Farrell (The Banshees of Inisherin)

3. Austin Butler (Elvis)

4. Tom Cruise (Top Gun: Maverick)

5. Paul Mescal (Aftersun) *the big shocker of the night 🙂

Hawk
    Topics:

Reviews for The Whale just keep getting worse and worse. I think Butler and Farrell are the new front runners to be honest.

Victor
    Topics:

Idk, the transformative bait it’s maybe too much to ignore, Chastain won for less last year.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.