Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 1)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
babypook
Setia_Yasmine..
Manav
  • Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I think the role will probably be different enough from her previous nominated roles. I mean Leda and Queen Anne are absolutely nothing alike, and I’m sure EOL will be a more likable character? But even if the role is similar to her others she has a strong chance of being nominated. She is basically the new Meryl Streep in terms of being an Academy darling and getting nominated when she is eligible.

I think the role will probably be different enough from her previous nominated roles. I mean Leda and Queen Anne are absolutely nothing alike, and I’m sure EOL will be a more likable character? But even if the role is similar to her others she has a strong chance of being nominated. She is basically the new Meryl Streep in terms of being an Academy darling and getting nominated when she is eligible.

Its a bit early for all of that. If anything she’s the next Judi Dench

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Rooting for Emma Thompson to get her first nom since 1996! She’s been snubbed too many times and we can’t let that happen again

EMMYS FYC

The White Lotus in all categories

Landscapers, Olivia Colman & David Thewlis

Ted Lasso in all Categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Rooting for Emma Thompson to get her first nom since 1996! She’s been snubbed too many times and we can’t let that happen again

The Saving Mr Banks snub hurts more and more with each passing year.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

If she said gets nominated in screenplay it can get the vote splitting between that and women talking due to their natures

I don’t buy both getting into Screenplay. Both are really similar subject matters that a lot (and by lot, I really mean A LOT) of people are uncomfortable with. The industry has a lot of vocal artists who voice against sexual abuse, but there are also a lot of people who don’t like discussing and also a few who’d likely want the matter to be buried. Not to mention a lot of people who are sympathetic to some abusers. Unfortunately.

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Beyond the certainty that Yeoh is brilliant in EEAAO, what really makes her deserving of a nomination (and a win) is the fact that this is the role every actor dreams of. To have a film dedicated to your craft, to your stardom, to your career without it being a gimmick or pretention is rare and this is the perfect showcase that Michelle nails brilliantly. She is everything in this film!

I am a bit skeptical though since Academy gravitates towards transformative pieces but I don’t want to lose hope so early in the season. I am manifesting hard and I will be supporting her till the nomination day

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Predix
    Topics:

Lolling at @Babylonian. I hope not.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Look out Margot – Naomi is coming. Lovely early vote of confidence from Sony.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Aftersun" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Charlotte Wellls; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Frankie Corio; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Paul Mescal; Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Charlotte Wells
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Beyond the certainty that Yeoh is brilliant in EEAAO, what really makes her deserving of a nomination (and a win) is the fact that this is the role every actor dreams of. To have a film dedicated to your craft, to your stardom, to your career without it being a gimmick or pretention is rare and this is the perfect showcase that Michelle nails brilliantly. She is everything in this film! I am a bit skeptical though since Academy gravitates towards transformative pieces but I don’t want to lose hope so early in the season. I am manifesting hard and I will be supporting her till the nomination day

two words : daniel kaluuya in get out

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

I don’t buy both getting into Screenplay. Both are really similar subject matters that a lot (and by lot, I really mean A LOT) of people are uncomfortable with. The industry has a lot of vocal artists who voice against sexual abuse, but there are also a lot of people who don’t like discussing and also a few who’d likely want the matter to be buried. Not to mention a lot of people who are sympathetic to some abusers. Unfortunately.

isn’t promising young woman the same angle of them and yet it won screenplay even with those old white guys in the academy

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Oh my! That ‘I Wanna Dance with Somebody.’ poster screams Oscar-Winning performance in a mediocre camp film.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

isn’t promising young woman the same angle of them and yet it won screenplay even with those old white guys in the academy

My point is that two screenplays dealing with a similar uncomfortable topic might split the votes of the passion base for these films.

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

My point is that two screenplays dealing with a similar uncomfortable topic might split the votes of the passion base for these films.

i understood thanks , it all depends whom the critics want to push then but i think women talking would be likley due to the cast and a  previous nominee screenwriter

Profile picture
    Jaket1991
    Topics:

Isn’t that five words?

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling… those are not two words 🥹

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Tang Wei, Decision To Leave
    Rebecca Hall, Resurrection

James Hong & Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.