Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 14)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 428 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Mladen
Axel
laslo

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

According to this forum Viola Davis is never the lead of any movie that she is in. If Viola gets a nomination she will be nominated in lead. The problem with this forum is people refuse to acknowledge that co-lead is a thing.

xohours
    Topics:

Thanks to Bradley Cooper.

yes and all the other actress should thank their directors for their individual noms as well… make it make sense

Victor
    Topics:

two SAG

Four*
    Queen is SAG new bridesmaid never the bride? Or is she?

FYC:
    The HBO darlings everywhere (The Last of Us, Succession, The White Lotus, Perry Mason, White House Plumbers, Love & Death);
    The Apple gang (Bad Sisters, Slow Horses, Shrinking, Ted Lasso, Black Bird);
    Poker Face, The Great, The Bear, Evil (especially Katja Herbers) and The Good Fight.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

Mladen
    Topics:

It’s a beautiful and badass film with powerful acting. My whole thing is if Tom Cruise happens for Top Gun and Viola somehow misses for Woman King, I mean what else can be said but the obvious.

Well, not to be pessimistic, but that is, if not likely, then at least possible scenario. There are many differences between the two that affect that Cruise can get into Top5, while Davis misses. Top Gun earned almost $1,5B, compared to TWK who is below $100M, Top Gun is a possible Best Picture contender, if not top tier, then certainly mid-tier. Lastly, Best Actor category is not as stacked as Best Actress one.

So, yes, I suppose we will have to prepare ourselves. When it comes to stardom, Tom Cruise and Viola Davis are incomparable. And I say it as someone who adores Viola.

I still think Viola is in Top 5, she could probably be pushed by SAG nomination. The thing is that we have too many newcomers in this race – Yeoh, Deadwyler, Ackie, plus obvious overdue narratives in Williams and Robbie (far less overdue, but it can be claimed)… In situation like this I can easily see Academy splitting between many directions thus Academy going traditional route in pushing Davis and Colman above the likes of Deadwyler, Ackie and Robbie.

Spreading the Love: Oscars 2023
    Best Picture: Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Best Director: The Daniels
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Angela Bassett

Victor
    Topics:

Viola is lead and she was totally fire on The Woman King.
    She was also lead in Ma Rainey even with the 20 minute screentime just in case.

FYC:
    The HBO darlings everywhere (The Last of Us, Succession, The White Lotus, Perry Mason, White House Plumbers, Love & Death);
    Poker Face, The Great, The Bear, Evil (especially Katja Herbers) and The Good Fight.

nkb325
    Topics:

What about Ashton Sanders and Stanley Tucci? Do they have any chance of nomination??

Both are very good but Sanders doesn’t get enough to do to register here. Tucci is by far the most prominent supporting performance in the movie (although Tamara Tunie is also great) and he’s very good, but it’s really the Ackie show.

Axel
    Topics:

Thanks to Bradley Cooper.

More like payola and connections 💰 😏 Anyway it’s so embarrassing to see here “gaga talking” yet another year. I mean her fans should let her rest in peace coz even Oscars tired of her and rejected her ruthlessly last year. Give it up already, she has no acting talent anyway to discuss or even remember about ha.

Victor
    Topics:

He is the highlight of the film and was the best performance.

Ok, we all respect your opinion, now let’s circle back to this year’s race

FYC:

Axel
    Topics:

I love Cate but I’m kinda rooting for miss Yeoh, she has not only great acting and successful movie behind her back but also great narrative as a first asian lead actress ever that will possibly win the Oscar 🔥

Babylonian
    Topics:

More like payola and connections 💰 Anyway it’s so embarrassing to see here “gaga talking” yet another year. I mean her fans should let her rest in peace coz even Oscars tired of her and rejected her ruthlessly last year. Give it up already, she has no acting talent anyway to discuss or even remember about ha.

I literally only see you post when Gaga is in a race or when she is being dragged by someone on this forum though?.svg” class=”emoji”

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Mladen
    Topics:

Deadwyler wins Gotham Lead Performance!

Great job. Exactly what she needed to keep the momentum. I am truly glad for her.

Spreading the Love: Oscars 2023
    Best Picture: Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Best Director: The Daniels
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Angela Bassett

Topics:

stilloverit
    Topics:

Danielle Deadwyler has the potential to be unstoppable this season, hopefully this is her first of many awards

Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 428 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.