Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 14)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 462 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Troll_Hunter
Mladen
Axel

• Troll_Hunter
    Topics:

Lawd if BABYLON flops that would mean Margot was in TWO FLOPS in one year!

It would also mean she has yet to lead a film to financial success…yet some still call her a movie star. Have it make sense please…

Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, Margot Robbie has always been an overrated actress. She’s always failed to deliver just like Amy Adams. They’re good but never reach the heights in performance other actresses are able to deliver.

Also, Margot highest grossing drama is Bombshell which we know Charlize carried.

Uri Urusha
    Topics:

Lawd if BABYLON flops that would mean Margot was in TWO FLOPS in one year! It would also mean she has yet to lead a film to financial success…yet some still call her a movie star. Have it make sense please…

Yeah i did call margot n blanchett moviestars.maybe the words were not right.they don’t have the box office success in a lead role without big names director or costars or super hero,marvel, Disney or big franchise.like tarantino just said recently.moviestars r very rare now a days.but blanchett n robbie both can be called star actresses. They are without a doubt well known.

jjjmoss
    Topics:

blanchett’s lead flex this century is blue jasmine.

i suppose robbie has i tonya.

she doesn’t have franchise ensemble hits so she’s not talked about as much by the public, but having little women + brooklyn + lady bird is more impressive to me.

Uri Urusha
    Topics:

blanchett’s lead flex this century is blue jasmine. i suppose robbie has i tonya. she doesn’t have franchise ensemble hits so she’s not talked about as much by the public, but having little women + brooklyn + lady bird is more impressive to me.

But it was a woody allen movie. The good woody allen movies usually have very good box office. The year before he did midnight in Paris with marion cotillard, n it grossed almost twice than blue jasmine.

MysticMagix
    Topics:

Darling, let me throw my november predictions:

No, the 2 only black women in that top 5 getting their movies named like that is very disgusting. Especially when whitney has passed and you use that picture of her to try and be funny.

Bigot.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

film123
    Topics:

Perhaps it’s my own experience with a mother who was deeply unfulfilled with her life and had undiagnosed mental health problems, I thought Williams was excellent lol.

you rly don’t need to overshare to prove ur silly little point i-

Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, you guys truly always find a way to be offended. Why don’t just put me on ignore if y’all hate me so much lol. I’ve deleted that.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

MysticMagix
    Topics:

No one should have to put you on ignore. You should have enough common sense not to post insensitive material like you continue to do. The things you say for a laugh on here continue to disappoint.

This

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

momo-memo
    Topics:

1. Ana De Armas is not happening. That ship has sailed. The movie is dead and it should stay that way.

i can’t tell Blonde is dying, Ana as Blonde is the only great possibility for Netflix on acting slot, i dont think Netflix gonna turn it down. at least Critics & Hollywood players praised her performance, thats a sign for me

Same with Mia Goth, who would be perfect for 5th slot. But her visibility and visibility of Davis, Colman or Robbie are incomparable.

Mia Goth was Amazing in Pearl, i adore her performance, with range of emotion thats fantastic, again Yeoh is the main priority here not Goth, this is Yeoh’s year

oh gosh, Davis acting weirdo in The Women King, personally i dont like it, kind of “kids Movie”, no comment for Colman, none talk about this movie , for Robbie, i would like to watch it….

we can say Blanchett “isn’t good in a good movie”. This is a performance of universal acclaim

im not saying that Blanchett bad  at all…she’s good but for me Tar is boring tbh…yaahh just personal preference like you said

Best Actor : Colin Farrell, Brendan Fraser, Austin Butler, Bill Nighy

Best Actress : Michelle Yeoh, Ana de Armas, Cate Blanchett , Andrea Riseborough, Danielle Deadwyler

Mladen
    Topics:

i can’t tell Blonde is dying, Ana as Blonde is the only great possibility for Netflix on acting slot, i dont think Netflix gonna turn it down. at least Critics & Hollywood players praised her performance, thats a sign for me

Given that “Blonde” has been eligible for both Gotham and Spirits Awards and that Ana was nominated for neither, I think it is safe to say the movie is dead.

im not saying that Blanchett bad at all…she’s good but for me Tar is boring tbh…yaahh just personal preference like you said

I understand how TAR can be boring, cold, intellectual etc. I found it extremely stimulating and I have found myself questioning what I believe in and how do I treat celebrities and artists. I was in love how movie didn’t try to tell me what to think, just giving me enough pieces to make my own judgement, shifting proverbial focus to me – and instead of movie being character study of Lydia, it became a character study of me, as my views on it define my morals. I found that approach completely exhilarating.

What also hooked me for Blanchett in TAR is that Gopnik interview. I know some view it as “Blanchett being Blanchett”, but has anyone ever heard Blanchett speaking or conversing with journalists? It is completely different sensation. I loved that scene because Blanchett does it as Lydia performing (a performance within performance: INCEPTION), and in all of that there is nothing of Blanchett. There is no playfulness, warmth and humor Blanchett uses when she speaks, even when serious topics are in question. She is in industry for 20+ years, we have seen thousands of her interviews, speeches, public appearances. There wasn’t a bit of Blanchett in that opening TAR interview. A lesser actor would go “I have done this thousands of times…” But not Blanchett. That, and many, many other scenes, is why she is a true genius this season and why I think she should win an Oscar. Will she win – well, that’s a different story.

Spreading the Love: Oscars 2023
    Best Picture: Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Best Director: The Daniels
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Angela Bassett

Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, I went to see TAR with my partner and we left that movie feeling cold as F***. Blanchett is great but the movie feels too of a mind film. Blanchett best scene was when walks in to the orchestra and kicks the guy. I hoped that scene was much longer.

Lydia 3rd Oscar TAR
    Topics:

I have finally seen Holy Spider and I sm still in awe of the story! Such a strong movie where the director is the true MVP. A fascinating and thrilling serial killer movie from the Middel East. Zar Amir-Ebrahimi is great in the lead and guide us through the jungle of social norm and justice. If I had the chance to nominate her in best actress, I would wait untill I have seen Blanchett, Mara, Robbie, Watson, Tang. I think it is the story, not the acting that shines the brightest.

I highly recommand this movie. Bravo! So far my fav movie of the year

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: Holy Spider
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Actor: Brendan Fraser
    Best Supporting Actress: Olivia de Leon
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 462 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.