Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 15)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 487 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Audrey Lee
Mladen
ejaru1810

• ejaru1810
    Topics:

Its really ridiculous. Danielle would have been an amazing interviewee and interviewer.

I was hoping Viola and her did the interview together. That would have been such a moment like Cate and Michelle.

Bonehead
    Topics:

Any other year Danielle Deadwyler could coast to a Best Actress victory on the strength of her performance and not have to do any campaigning

That’s obviously not the case this year

Seriously, what the hell is UAR thinking?

K Olivia
    Topics:

Danielle Deadwyler is booked & busy. She won’t have time to attend every Q&A or Roundtable. The performance will speak for itself.

GD
    Topics:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/20659899/cameron-diaz-kate-winslet-the-holiday-2/amp/

Don’t know where to post this but… so freaking happy!

momo-memo
    Topics:

Seriously, what the hell is UAR thinking?

i think they use some “targeting campaign” look how Nicole Kidman and Andra Day ….even Penelope didn’t care that much about small critics group at least Trifecta…you know how much they spend money for it ….Deadwyler got Gotham, may be they’re focusing on industry voters

Best Actor : Colin Farrell, Brendan Fraser, Austin Butler, Bill Nighy

Best Actress : Michelle Yeoh, Ana de Armas, Cate Blanchett , Andrea Riseborough, Danielle Deadwyler

Steppenwolf
    Topics:

I hope Mia Goth is nominated.

Mia Goth is going to get snubbed like Lupita Nyong’o for “Us” and Toni Collette for “Hereditary”. The academy has always hated horror movies, with probably the exception of Silence of the Lambs.

Steppenwolf
    Topics:

I would love to see Goth nominated tho, but that just feels too good to be true.

Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/20659899/cameron-diaz-kate-winslet-the-holiday-2/amp/ Don’t know where to post this but… so freaking happy!

I know this bombed and was trashed by critics but the movie has become my guilty pleasure, especially during winters.

LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

This is for Anna May Wong, Zhang Ziyi, Awkwafina, and many more Asian queens unfairly treated by the Academy. Mother Yeoh is coming to avenge. 👑💕

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Mladen
    Topics:

IDK about Deadwyler… It is clear she has the performance and that she is Oscar-worthy, but she is facing industry darlings in more prominent films. And it is not just about Blanchett, Yeoh and Williams. As was said, Paramount is doing 50 screenings for “Babylon”, Sony is pushing for
    “The Woman King” and there’s even some talk about Colman and “Empire of Light”.

I am also not sure about comparisons with Kidman or Cruz. Nicole and Penelope are multiple-Oscar nominees with Oscars under their belt. We see that Nicole is receiving lifetime achievement award this year which really speaks about her status in the industry, and Penelope was a Volpi Cup winner in a very uninspiring race.

All of this certainly doesn’t bode well for Deadwyler’s chances. However, we are at the beginning of the race so we shouldn’t jump the gun. I would just be calmer if there would be something production house is doing for Deadwyler. So far, we are seeing nothing. Luckily, people are noticing her performance, like Justin Chang from LA TIMES who named Deadwyler one of their 10 best performances of the year.

I am happy to see Sony promoting “The Woman King”. It has a chance of getting into Top 10 BP nominees, several craft categories and I would like to see Davis as a nominee. I don’t think she is win-competitive, but she makes the perfect 5th slot.

On an unrelated note, has anyone noticed how Lydia Tár got some not so insignificant, low-key traction on social media? There isn’t a day I don’t see some new viral gif, meme or montage of Lydia Tár. I may be delusional but it seems that this “cold, unemotional, inaccessible, intellectual arthouse niche movie” somehow managed to draw attention.

Again, I may be wrong so I would like to hear what others think.

Spreading the Love: Oscars 2023
    Best Picture: Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Best Director: The Daniels
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Angela Bassett

snowball
    Topics:

You can rely on the performance speaking for itself when you’re well known in the industry, already have several previous nominations and a strong movie. Not even then sometimes no matter how baity your performance is. It’s a very competitive category and even big names with far more advantages are out there playing the game.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Bonehead
    Topics:

When [Danielle Deadwyler] wins her Oscar, it’s going to be even more satisfying because she didn’t have to kiss ass and play the game for it.

I hope you’re right.

momo-memo
    Topics:

she’s doing good…..special screening in LA

Best Actor : Colin Farrell, Brendan Fraser, Austin Butler, Bill Nighy

Best Actress : Michelle Yeoh, Ana de Armas, Cate Blanchett , Andrea Riseborough, Danielle Deadwyler

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.