Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 15)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 487 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Audrey Lee
Mladen
Selma Linda

• momo-memo
    Topics:

Blanchett will probably get the full trifecta.

yeap…the way how critics love her ….

Best Actor : Colin Farrell, Brendan Fraser, Austin Butler, Bill Nighy

Best Actress : Michelle Yeoh, Ana de Armas, Cate Blanchett , Andrea Riseborough, Danielle Deadwyler

momo-memo
    Topics:

I watched everything everywhere some time ago Yeoh is really good and it’s a lot of technicalities besides the emotional acting that’s makes her deserving of the Oscar for me. Especially the switching between multiple versions of her self and the physicality of the performance also.

remind me about Frances McDormand for TBOEM. multiple complex character without over acting

Best Actress : Michelle Yeoh, Ana de Armas, Cate Blanchett , Andrea Riseborough, Danielle Deadwyler

momo-memo
    Topics:

Still Michelle Yeoh or Danielle Deadwyler all the way!

Go-Go-Go

LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Another year, another white woman winning omg this category is phenomenal 😍 Women of color, better luck next time 💅 Halle Berry sitting pretty as the only non-white winner 😍 Black and Asian girlies should just be grateful to get a nomination.

jjjmoss
    Topics:

Asian girlies should just be grateful to get a nomination.

Well they haven’t been able to have the ability to be grateful yet…

Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Another year, another white woman winning omg this category is phenomenal 😍 Women of color, better luck next time Halle Berry sitting pretty as the only non-white winner 😍 Black and Asian girlies should just be grateful to get a nomination.

Babe, I guess there just aren’t enough opportunities for women of colour or strong enough performances from them this year… 💀

FYC:

Zar Amir Ebrahimi - Holy Spider (Best Actress)
    Ana de Armas, Julianne Nicholson - Blonde (Best Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Samantha Morton - She Said (Best Supporting Actress)
    Kerry Condon - The Banshees of Inisherin (Best Supporting Actress)

Opium
    Topics:

Cate Blanchett is one of the most respected but also powerful women in Hollywood, with her raves and Volpi cup win she had this in her bag already, nobody really stood a chance against her this time, this is the same woman that last year made Penelope Cruz happen with a campaign behind the scenes and private events and made Cruz happened despite not hitting any precursor, that’s says a lot about her influence with the Academy and industry.

Mladen
    Topics:

I feel as if people have read too much into NYFCC win. Blanchett was an expected winner and we all knew TÁR is beloved by New York crowd. What happened yesterday is hardly a surprise. Blanchett was always a frontrunner for the critics’ awards.

What works for her is that people did hope for a surprise, which NYFCC is known for, and didn’t get it. She is still keeping the momentum. Again, not a surprise as we knew it would happen. Not to mention that losing Gotham/winning NYFCC strikes similar to how she started the critics sweep and eventual win for “Blue Jasmine”.

However, I wouldn’t be too quick to make any definite conclusions. In my mind, the only award that makes Blanchett completely undeniable would be SAG. If she wins SAG, I feel that would be just that – game over. Other than that, I don’t see anything else as some great game changers. Unless of course Blanchett gets fully ignored for televised awards, which honestly, I doubt will happen.

Nothing has really changed…

Spreading the Love: Oscars 2023
    Best Picture: Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Best Director: The Daniels
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Angela Bassett

Lil Tony
    Topics:

Babe, I guess there just aren’t enough opportunities for women of colour or strong enough performances from them this year… 💀

Danielle Deadwyler in Till is strong enough. But unfortunately, she’d be lucky to even get nominated because a black woman has to be in a 100% critics rated movie with 1 billion at the box office. At least that’s the rule they set after Berry won. But white women can win as lone nominees in flop movies

Danielle Deadwyler gave the performance of the year.

I remain Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Cate is winning and I feel sad for the POC ladies. I mean, even though she is phenomenal and much deserving in tár  she already has 2 oscars, plenty of black/asian/latin girls had lost or wasn’t even nominated being the best before. This is a chance in a lifetime for Danielle and Michelle but they will not prevail imo, the academy don’t care about us.

abelfenty
    Topics:

Don’t let yesterdays news distract you from the fact that Michelle Yeoh is still winning the Oscar.

dEdY
    Topics:

Critics are not industry…

“The four most recent #NYFCC Best Actress winners all missed out an #Oscars nod. Will it be five in a row or will the snubbing streak finally be over?”

2018: Regina Hall (Support the Girls)
    2019: Lupita Nyong’o (Us)
    2020: Sidney Flanigan (NSRA)
    2021: Lady Gaga (House of Gucci)

“This group awarded Lady gaga as best actress last year. I guess they loved her Russian accent…” 😂

Mladen
    Topics:

Critics are not industry…

“The four most recent #NYFCC Best Actress winners all missed out an #Oscars nod. Will it be five in a row or will the snubbing streak finally be over?”

2018: Regina Hall (Support the Girls)
    2019: Lupita Nyong’o (Us)
    2020: Sidney Flanigan (NSRA)
    2021: Lady Gaga (House of Gucci)

“This group awarded Lady gaga as best actress last year. I guess they loved her Russian accent…” 😂

The last woman who has got the NYFCC Best Actress award to have won the Oscar for the same role is, ironically, Blanchett.

Blanchett is not getting snubbed. Not for this role, not for the movie that is firmly in mid-tier Best Picture nominee. She was nominated seven times, won twice. Blanchett is not missing a nomination.

Spreading the Love: Oscars 2023
    Best Picture: Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Best Director: The Daniels
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Angela Bassett

loudtoilet
    Topics:

In alphabetical order:

Naomi Ackie – ingenue, iconic historical figure, potential Xmas boxoffice hit, some late breaker always gets in

Cate Blanchett – returning winner, career best reviews

Danielle Deadwyler – respected TV veteran who got a chance to shine in movies, inspirational historical figure, important socio-political message

Michelle Williams – returning nomine, AMPAS friendly role (mother courage, supportive mom), Spielberg factor

Michelle Yeoh – respected veteran with international appeal that finally got her moment, hit movie, unusual genre performance

I think this looks about right. All types of nominees (ingenue, returning, respected first timers) are covered plus variety of roles (2 historical and 3 fictional).

sister jude
    Topics:

eeaao can’t win two acting awards and it seems like the supporting actor stole all the buzz away from yeoh

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.