Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 15)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 487 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Audrey Lee
Mladen
ejaru1810

• federico rubachin
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Margot Robbie is being acclaimed, she is being nominated.

zoe put a 10 score to the movie while other are putting 4 or 5. Makes sense that someone who think the movie is a 10 will think margot is a lock. But probably people who put 4 or 5 to the film are not thinking the same about margot

Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, I hope the boring days of sweeping is over. I need to see these performers each gets one of the precursors awards. It’ll be very exciting.

MultipleOscarWinner
    Topics:

Well. since I think it’s been all said and done after Blanchett won the Volpi Cup, let me make this an appreciation post and remind you of a performance that I don’t recall being shout out in more than 18 threads of this year’s Best Actress (I’m including the deleted ones) and I feel deserves it:

Ash
    Topics:

I do think sweeps boring but this year i don’t think it will be a sweep thru the awards. But 2023 if Challegers is a hit id support A Zendaya sweep :).

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

loudtoilet
    Topics:

I don’t know who Zoe Bryant is but not being competitive to win is an actual vulnerability. Many actors and actresses who were not competitive to win were dropped by AMPAS after hitting 4 precursors. So that was not a good endorsement for Robbie.

I think Ackie will be the later breaker. The line up as of now (Blanchett, Deadwyler, Williams, Yeoh) needs an ingenue. That’s Ackie. Also, her movie’s going to be a hit. Whitney Houston for Xmas is a perfect counterprogramming to Avatar 2 and Puss 2.

Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns it’s been Blanchett vs Williams all the time. Michelle Yeoh is never winning the Oscar. Deadwyler is fourth she will be the only out of the 4 without best picture backing her up. And we know in competitive races BP actress contender always comes out ahead.

wattsgold
    Topics:

I hope someone got the NYFC curse, because I still laugh of how the girls acted last year just to have everything implode later…

Don’t do Danielle wrong. I mean, we have that horrible Sandra B. Movie winning an Oscar and then Tammy Faye (Jessica was great but the movie was superficial). Why the hell cant DD get her recognition in a much better told story?

MichelleReign
    Topics:

I will any day take Blanchett over Williams

Cluedon657
    Topics:

December:

1. Cate Blanchett (Tar)
    2. Michelle Williams (The Fabelmans)
    3. Michelle Yeoh (Everything Everywhere All at Once)
    4. Danielle Deadwyler (Till)
    5. Viola Davis (The Woman King)

Mladen
    Topics:

I will any day take Blanchett over Williams

I can not emphasize this enough. If we have to choose who will be that main obstacle for POC actresses this year, let it not be soapy, hammy, extremely basic performance Not in a year where three women over 50 went outside the box with the expectations and roles, being brilliant in roles that are rarely (read: never) written for women.

Beside Blanchett for whom I root, I will take Deadwyler, Yeoh (and even Davis) over Williams any given day.

Spreading the Love: Oscars 2023
    Best Picture: Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Best Director: The Daniels
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Angela Bassett

Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, this category had enough of baity, annoying performances triumph over more deserving contenders. Next year, I want Mother Yeoh, Mommie Deadwyler, Lesbian Conductor, Sexy Wei, Topless Ana, Scammer Plaza, Crazy Hall, Horny Thompson, Psycho Farmer, all wins in a tie to redeems all of the horrible winners in the history of this category.

Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Williams performance is Razzie worthy for sure. Hahaha. That didn’t stop performance like Renee Zellweger though. Williams is as bad.

puck05
    Topics:

Just a hunch, Ana de Armas will be nominated.

Troll_Hunter
    Topics:

I hope someone got the NYFC curse, because I still laugh of how the girls acted last year just to have everything implode later… Don’t do Danielle wrong. I mean, we have that horrible Sandra B. Movie winning an Oscar and then Tammy Faye (Jessica was great but the movie was superficial). Why the hell cant DD get her recognition in a much better told story?

Hopedict away beloved but Gaga is not the actress that Cate is so last year is irrelevant. Love to see you sweat about Cate winning tho…LOL

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.