Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 519 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
FEFFO
The Way of Th..
Rachel615
  • Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Michelle Yeoh could also be the first Asian Best Actress winner of CC, SAG, and BAFTA aside from the Oscars? She’ll be making history and headlines left and right omg. Hoping and praying. ❤

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

SPOILER ALERT!!:

I dont know how can you didnt award Yeoh, let alone snub her, after seeing this scene

https://youtu.be/SI-f9w52sxc

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

SPOILER ALERT!!: I dont know how can you didnt award Yeoh, let alone snub her, after seeing this scene https://youtu.be/SI-f9w52sxc

SPOILERS

10times Yes to this! This clip is essentially Ke Huy Quan’s showcase but the way Yeoh receives the emotions and emotes using only her face. The scene won’t be half of what it is without her performance

And since we are talking about her performance, my favorite scene of hers besides the final fight between Joy and Evelyn is this one wear she stands up to her father. Her line delivery is impeccable and I was a mess by the end of it. I won’t be surprised if this is her Oscar reel (if she gets nominated of course)

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Calling it now: Either Kaitlyn Dever receives her first nomination in 2025 for playing Cassidy Hutchinson in “The Witness” or Saoirse Ronan wins her first Oscar for playing the role. (Ronan will be cast if Trump is indicted; Dever if he isn’t.)

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

Kaitlyn Dever has been absolutely devouring every role she’s been in. Love her.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Question: would be Ronan be supporting or lead for her new movie that the trailer came out today. I honestly cannot tell based off of it

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Davidpres
    Topics:

Some of y’all are going to get mad but why do you consider Margot Robbie to be a “movie star”?

She has never had a solo hit movie and her franchise outings (Legend of tarzan, Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey, The Suicide Squad 2) have all flopped.

Her only successes are with bigger male stars (Wolf of Wall street, OUATIH).

Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone both have bigger box office clout and won for movies that were huge at the BO.

Maybe Babylon and Barbie will level Margot up but at this point why is she considered a movie star by goldderby stans?

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Some of y’all are going to get mad but why do you consider Margot Robbie to be a “movie star”? She has never had a solo hit movie and her franchise outings (Legend of tarzan, Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey, The Suicide Squad 2) have all flopped. Her only successes are with bigger male stars (Wolf of Wall street, OUATIH). Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone both have bigger box office clout and won for movies that were huge at the BO. Maybe Babylon and Barbie will level Margot up but at this point why is she considered a movie star by goldderby stans?

They are just Margot stans. She is a movie star by definition, but she’s not a bankable, butts in seats movie star.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Some of y’all are going to get mad but why do you consider Margot Robbie to be a “movie star”?

She has never had a solo hit movie and her franchise outings (Legend of tarzan, Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey, The Suicide Squad 2) have all flopped.

Her only successes are with bigger male stars (Wolf of Wall street, OUATIH).

Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone both have bigger box office clout and won for movies that were huge at the BO.

Maybe Babylon and Barbie will level Margot up but at this point why is she considered a movie star by goldderby stans?

I’m not a stan, I mean I really like her work, but I don’t consider myself anybody’s stan, I’m not a fan club, I just like a certain type of cinema. That being said she’s been around for 10 years now: 2 academy awards nominations, 5 at BAFTA, a big commercial hit (suicide squad grossed 750 millions), up to this point Margot has worked with any major director (Scorsese, Tarantino, Chazelle, DOR, Anderson and Gerwig), she’s a Chanel ambassador… enough for the movie star status?

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Calling it now: Either Kaitlyn Dever receives her first nomination in 2025 for playing Cassidy Hutchinson in “The Witness” or Saoirse Ronan wins her first Oscar for playing the role. (Ronan will be cast if Trump is indicted; Dever if he isn’t.)

Wait they made a movie about it already? Gosh

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Wait they made a movie about it already? Gosh

No. I was half joking, half speculating. But I do think a movie is eventually inevitable.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

July update.

1. Margot Robbie, Babylon
    2. Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All at Once
    3. Olivia Colman, Empire of Light
    4. Regina King, Shirley
    5. Naomi Ackie, I Wanna Dance With Somebody

6. Cate Blanchett, TAR
    7. Danielle Deadwyler, Till
    8. Zoe Kazan, She Said 
    9. Carey Mulligan, She Said 
    10. Viola Davis, The Woman King

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

Rebecca hall for resurrection is gonna be the Toni Collette of the year. She has an amazing performance that will be snubbed because the movie is too weird for the academy.I saw her at the Sundance screening and  Hall ate up that 9 minute monologue and is better than every other contenders this year including yeoh. In a perfect world Hall should be the winner

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Rebecca hall for resurrection is gonna be the Toni Collette of the year. She has an amazing performance that will be snubbed because the movie is too weird for the academy

IFC are so annoying, especially this year they have so many solid performances that won’t happen because of the films and not the performances, including Hall.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.