Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 519 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
FEFFO
The Way of Th..
Rachel615
  • Profile picture
    Filipe Cardoso
    Topics:

Best Actress:

Michelle Yeoh – Everything Everywhere All at Once
    Regina King – Shirley
    Cate Blanchett – TÁR
    Helen Mirren – Golda
    Naomie Ackie – I Wanna Dance with Somebody

Profile picture
    JL
    Topics:

Passengers made over 300 million. Margot Robbie wishes she could have a flop like that. 

Even red sparrow  (60 million budget) did a pretty decent job with 152 million ww despite the negative reviews.

Profile picture
    FreeJacob22
    Topics:

July Predictions

Cate Blanchett

Carey Mulligan

Margot Robbie

Naomi Ackie

Regina King

Profile picture
    JL
    Topics:

To be fair, one could say the same about Jennifer Lawrence. Other than The Hunger Games franchise which most people saw for the popular story not for Lawrence, all of her films that weren’t directed by David O Russell have flopped at the box office and with critics. Serena, Dark Phoenix, Passengers, Mother, Red Sparrow??

Imagine lying like this?

Silver lining playbook made  $236 million, American hustle $251 million, even Joy made $101  million, and Dark Phoenix? last time I checked JLaw had  10-15 min of screentime in the entire movie, so technically its Sophie Turner’s movie who played the lead role.

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

Michelle Yeoh. A legend and phenomenal in EEAAO

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Having both Colman and Blanchett in top 5 seems way too obvious, I think one of them is going to flop.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

I still think viola davis can squeeze in

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Imagine lying like this? Silver lining playbook made $236 million, American hustle $251 million, even Joy made $101 million, and Dark Phoenix? last time I checked JLaw had 10-15 min of screentime in the entire movie, so technically its Sophie Turner’s movie who played the lead role.

You need to read my post again…I stated the films that weren’t directed by David O Russell failed at the box office and with critics which is true. Lawrence even admitted to Vanity Fair she made a few films in a row that failed which helped her make the decision to take a break from acting for a couple of years. It’s no big deal, every actor has periods during their career that falter.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Okay, so Michelle Yeoh is winning.

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

Margot Robbie stans are so embarrassing to bring up J-law’s films up when her films have done much better than Robbie’s. Passengers made $50 million less than Tarzan and Tarzan is an established IP💀. Mother! made $2 million less than Mary Queen of Score and general audiences HATED Mother!. So Robbie stans should stop trying to drag J-law and be more concerned how they’re rooting for another blond White woman to win when an overdue legend, Michelle Yeoh, could make Oscar history by winning.

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Margot Robbie stans are so embarrassing to bring up J-law’s films up when her films have done much better than Robbie’s. Passengers made $50 million less than Tarzan and Tarzan is an established IP💀. Mother! made $2 million less than Mary Queen of Score and general audiences HATED Mother!. So Robbie stans should stop trying to drag J-law and be more concerned how they’re rooting for another blond White woman to win when an overdue legend, Michelle Yeoh, could make Oscar history by winning.

Calm down. Unlike you being a J-Law stan, I’m not even much of a Robbie fan. In fact I would much prefer Yeoh or Naomi Ackie to win best actress. I’m simply stating Lawrence has had a few flops in recent years as has Robbie. Not sure why that’s so triggering for some people on this forum to accept? Weird 🤔

Profile picture
    JL
    Topics:

You need to read my post again

My apologies.

Lawrence even admitted to Vanity Fair she made a few films in a row that failed which helped her make the decision to take a break from acting for a couple of years.

she also said, she can’t walk on a red carpet without people judging her and hating on her, the hate was so intense that she had no choice but to take a break from acting.

Anyways, you keep repeating about her movies not being critically acclaimed, but the thing is critics can be unprofessionals and biased against some certain actors and directors.  Critics like Chris Evangelista, Katie walsh, and Valarie complex never hide their pathetic hatred for Jlaw, it’s not her fault. The fact that, it should be considered even more impressive that movies like passengers and red sparrow made pretty decent numbers with the amounts of negative buzz these two movies had.

It’s no big deal, every actor has periods during their career that falter

Then why are you bringing it up?

It’s crazy to me that Margot Robbie’s both bird of prey and the suicide squad 2 are considered hits because they’re critically acclaimed 💀.  Film experts also never questioned emma stone’s the battle of sexes failure at the box office after La la land massive success. And remember Zombieland 2, it never affected her reputation as a movie star.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I thought the stan wars is over the moment an acclaimed veteran is getting raves and there’s no popstar in contention.

Holy shit

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    JL
    Topics:

Insane that somehow Jennifer Lawrence  gets involved in every discussion on this forum, including the Lupita Nyong’o thread. then other users get angry that people are discussing her in the first place… like, we (Jlaw fans) are not bringing her up bruh.

Anyways,  I’m always going to support my mother if they talk shit about her. It’s simple as that.

Profile picture
    FreeJacob22
    Topics:

I don’t get the “this is Margot’s year” “she’s paid her due” talk. She isn’t some kind of veteran actress who is overdue. She costarred in her first film 9 years ago, had a few box office hits that had nothing to really do with her name, she’s still yet to be proven a draw or movie star. She’s still on the rise and is far from being overdue.

Naomi Ackie feels all but certain to win as long as she gets the raves and the reviews are on her side. How could she possibly lose if the passion and  support is there?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.