Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 519 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lydia 3rd Osc..
Rachel615
LAINELAVIGNE
  • Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Michelle Yeoh got this ❤

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

Margot Robbie stans victimizing themselves AGAIN when they were the ones who dragged J-law first. Robbie stans have literally pushing that actress down our throat saying audacious claims like she’s overdue. Ask someone from their GP what their favorite Margot Robbie films are and they will draw a blank,

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

[/quote]

Boooring.

The GP to mary queen of scots, birds of prey, tarzan, etc

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Jake422
    Topics:

This is just the beginning. I’m sure Stan Wars will go full ahead in just a few months. It’s kind of an exciting year for Actress tbh. The Davises vs the Robbies vs the Blanchetts vs the Kings vs the Mulligans etc.

I never support it going nasty and there really isn’t any point in dragging actors that have no idea we Exist like the previous person mentioned. I was just simply saying I don’t get the “this is Margot’s year” chatter. If anything, this will be her biggest Oscar competition yet, maybe even stronger than the year of I, Tonya. Frances, Viola, Regina, Carey, Cate, Michelle, Naomi etc all vying for spots. Her competition seems much stiffer this time around. Babylon will have to be the truth for her to win, it will have to be bigger than Michelle Yeoh’s masterpiece and stronger than Naomi Ackie playing the worlds best female vocalist. It’s just A LOT to make me think Margot is running away with this. She seems all but safe for a nomination, but likely 4th or 5th given the competition we have.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Jake422
    Topics:

Yes I agree. Whether she’s white and blonde or not shouldn’t matter. If she comes out bringing the truth then so be it. If Margot ends up declared as the winner, then it is what it is. Everyone roots for the exact opposite of what is white and blonde  and considered “due” and I will agree with them as well that she’s far from due, but at the same time if she delivers, then give it to her. It’s just far too early to declare her running away with it as people are doing with Butler in the actor thread.
    Lets call a spade a spade, I combed through Babylon script, with all due respect this could easily end up another Mank. It definitely felt the same boring vibes for real. On paper, Margot’s role feels like a more adult version of Amanda Seyfried playing Marion Davies, meaning there’s more crazy on her part and more strong language seems like the only real difference.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The problem with this thread is that people get too obsessed with Actresses, they’re not your friends, they’re not your family. This is a site to discuss movies, not how much you stan a certain actor, otherwise open a fanpage on instagram. This is getting so boring, every time someone says that Margot Robbie is the favorite to win, or that Cate Blanchett will get in, 10 people with the profile pic of Michelle Yeoh or some casual actress not even in the discussion come after them. I’m here because I like to watch movies and award’s shows, not because I want to campaign for someone lol

As someone who spends 90% of time on the TV side, I concur with this. People go round and round in circles in the Best Actress race talking about the same (mostly) hypothetical performances (often those that don’t even end up running that year or end up being rather minimal performances) instead of just chilling out and talking about films as they’re released.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I remember prior to The Lady premiering; people were hoping that Michelle Yeoh would make a splash but that didn’t work. Same thing for Crazy Rich Asians. This is her time I believe. Hollywood loves her. I think she’ll be hard to beat honestly.

She has so much to back her up outside of her amazing performance. -Her film had a limited release but did well enough to get a full release and grossed nearly $100 million on a $25 million budget.
    -Her film has universal praise from critics and viewers.
    -She’d not only be the first actress of East Asian descent nominated but the first performer to win a lead Oscar.
    -She’s a veteran film actress who is finally get her “flowers.”
    _Hollywood is loving her film and they are praising her.

She’s sweeping. You can call me delusional all you want.

Profile picture
    Whtevr
    Topics:

The problem with this thread is that people get too obsessed with Actresses, they’re not your friends, they’re not your family. This is a site to discuss movies, not how much you stan a certain actor, otherwise open a fanpage on instagram. This is getting so boring, every time someone says that Margot Robbie is the favorite to win, or that Cate Blanchett will get in, 10 people with the profile pic of Michelle Yeoh or some casual actress not even in the discussion come after them. I’m here because I like to watch movies and award’s shows, not because I want to campaign for someone lol

Are you not obsessed with margot robbie?

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

Drag her.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I’m definitely starting to wonder if Mulligan’s actually going to have a shot to get in this field

As of now, I think She Said has a better chance of nominations in Picture and/or Adapted Screenplay than in Best Actress.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

So, Margot is coming…

FYC
    Best Picture: "Aftersun" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Charlotte Wellls; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Frankie Corio; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Paul Mescal; Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Charlotte Wells
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.