Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 519 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
FEFFO
The Way of Th..
Rachel615
  • Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Yeah, this is what’s stopping me from understanding why they’d push either of Zoe Kazan or Carey Mulligan in supporting. From what I understand, the story is about Kazan and Mulligan’s characters, so I think it would be otherworldly fraud. And secondly, CMIIW Clarkson is getting good notices from rumors? Not to mention there’s also Samantha Morton to consider. I think they’re going to run them both in lead because I can’t see them sacrificing Clarkson and Morton if their material is good.

This is really starting to sound Bombshell-esqe as far as what the potential campaign could look like. But none of this sounds great for Mulligan’s chances anywhere.

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

No hun, just pure organic fan love for the Movie of the Decade, Everything Everywhere All At Once. ❤

Open a fanpage on instagram then

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Why are you mad someone stans Everything Everywhere All At Once?

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Viola is coming

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I don’t think they are trying to compare their stature more as their type of same role they both have this year. It does feel like the exact same vibes and looks to just be an action adventure role which is rarely Academy Friendly, let alone acting categories, those are even more far and few. Just because she’s Davis you think she can really namecheck her way in for the type of film this is? She couldn’t do it for Widows, I see an even less chance here.

She was probably very close to a nomination for Widows. She did get a BAFTA nom.

And The Woman King will be way more commercial than the Northman and make more money.

Profile picture
    FreeJacob22
    Topics:

It looks like it’s going to be a fun action film for sure, but I doubt she’s coming. If Theron couldn’t get in for arguably one of the greatest action films of all time that was even nominated for Best Picture, I just don’t see it for Davis. I think it’s just the Stan in people that think she has a shot, which is all good!

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Why are you mad someone stans Everything Everywhere All At Once?

I’m not mad, but this particular user is spamming the entire thread (and all the others for the matter) with the same 2/3 sentences. We get it, you like Michelle and the movie, but don’t write 1244 comments without adding something interesting for us to read, if you want to just stan someone Instagram is the perfect place.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I’m not mad, but this particular user is spamming the entire thread (and all the others for the matter) with the same 2/3 sentences. We get it, you like Michelle and the movie, but don’t write 1244 comments without adding something interesting for us to read, if you want to just stan someone Instagram is the perfect place.

Lets pretend Gaga stans flooding the threads and drags other actresses down didnt exist then.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Lets pretend Gaga stans flooding the threads and drags other actresses down didnt exist then.

Oh trust me, I was writing the same stuff last year when Gaga and Stewart’s stans were spamming the whole thread.

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

Viola is coming

That was really good and easily one ups Michelle.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

And it was annoying then too.

Profile picture
    OscarBait
    Topics:

Naomi Ackie, I Wanna Dance with Somebody
    Ana de Armas, Blonde
    Danielle Deadwyler, Till
    Carey Mulligan, She Said
    Margot Robbie, Babylon

Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

No need to be rude. I’m just out here minding my own business. Kindness cost 0$.

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

No need to be rude. I’m just out here minding my own business. Kindness cost 0$.

Again, I’m not being rude but you’re spamming every thread with same 2/3 sentences “omg she’ll sweep GG, SAG”, “this actor is so winning” etc. we get it, you loved EEAAO, most of us liked it too. This is a place to discuss movies not to stan people, otherwise there’s always instagram.

Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

spamming every thread with same 2/3 sentences “omg she’ll sweep GG, SAG”

I can do what tf I want with my account. Who are you to tell me otherwise. So much negativity ugh. I’m here to support and stan so stay mad! 😘

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.