Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 511 through 519 (of 519 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lydia 3rd Osc..
Rachel615
Barbra Please
  • Profile picture
    K Olivia
    Topics:

Danielle Deadwyler looks phenomenal in Till! It’s one of my most anticipated performances of 2022.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Robbie
    Ackie
    Yeoh
    Blanchett
    Colman
    Deadwyler

This is your top 6. Who will be the top 5 though?

I agree that the five nominees are very likely to come from this group of six, and mostly because I don’t want to lose the odds I already have if I sub in Blanchett for any of the 5 I currently have, and also because I was nonplussed by the Tar trailer, for the time being, I’m going to keep Blanchett as the odd woman out. But that could change as we get more information.

I still believe that both Deadwyler and Ackie can and will get in.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

Right now I am going for:
    1 – Blanchett, TÁR
    2 – Yeoh, EEAAO
    3 – de Armas, BLONDE
    4 – Ackie, I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY
    5 – McDormand, WOMEN TALKING
    ….
    6 – Deadwyler, TILL
    7 – King, SHIRLEY
    8 – Colman, EMPIRE OF LIGHT
    9 – Robbie, BABYLON
    10 – Mirren, GOLDA

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

This year is gonna be crazy competitive.

My 5 right now:
    Robbie
    Yeoh
    Colman
    Blanchett
    Deadwyler

Want Want by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Right now I am going for: 1 – Blanchett, TÁR 2 – Yeoh, EEAAO 3 – de Armas, BLONDE 4 – Ackie, I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY 5 – McDormand, WOMEN TALKING …. 6 – Deadwyler, TILL 7 – King, SHIRLEY 8 – Colman, EMPIRE OF LIGHT 9 – Robbie, BABYLON 10 – Mirren, GOLDA

Women Talking is an ensemble. Doubt that Frances is lead unless the script was majorly changed from book.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Glad that most have Yeoh in their top 5. I remember most werent believing her to be a competitor months ago, but as the months have passed—EEAAO has solidified itself as a strong Best Picture contender. The fact that the movie is still being talked about today is insane.

Deadwyler and Ackie will most likely be riding off the biopic buzz AMPAS eats up. Yeoh and Blanchett are most likely to be riding off the passion picks AMPAS selects (like Cruz and Stewart were last year. Though I expect EEAAO will make it in picture and other categories) especially since Blanchett’s film is confirmed for Venice (she is coming for the Volpi)! Robbie and Colman are likely to only happen as coattails of their film’s Best Picture prospects. Robbie’s film not being confirmed for Venice yet is quite worrying since I think Robbie could have made a case for the Volpi as Emma Stone did in a Chazelle vehicle 6 years ago.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

Women Talking is an ensemble. Doubt that Frances is lead unless the script was majorly changed from book.

I am considering the predictions center placement. I know it is not the most accurate at the time (since they consider Dakota Johnson a lead for CHA CHA REAL SMOOTH when Apple is campaigning her as supporting), but if McDormand stands-out a bit I can see MGM campaigning her as lead to avoid the internal competition (Foy, Mara, Buckley, etc).
    I’ve ordered WOMEN TALKING (novel) two days ago – waiting for the delivery. Maybe a read will tell who is who.

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Why not both? There’s room for both.

Thank you. People always talking about only one (1) black performer feels extremely discriminatory.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Babe, if the movie is released this year in UK by MUBI (no confirmation yet) Ebrahimi is a lock for a nomination from the BAFTA jury at least. But like most provocative and timely feminist movies (recently Elle) the movie will no doubt be dumped to a spring release in 2023 and forgotten about (I pray I’m wrong)…

.   I legit want to see this movie so badly do wel like parasite did since apparantly it’s incredible

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 9 posts - 511 through 519 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.