Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 25)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 500 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
babypook
Actormogul
Milk Money

• GD
    Topics:

I think that Jennifer Lawrence should have take the spot of either Ana De Armas, Michelle Williams or Andrea Riseborough. They nominate Bryan so they clearly saw the film. She should have been the surprise nominee, not Andrea.

Perfect line up :
    Cate Blanchett
    Danielle Deadwyler
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Rooney Mara
    Michelle Yeoh

Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Not as mad as most about davis’s snub, the movie was controversial and the response to the controversy was stupid. Besides, it was a just glad to be nominated nomination anyway.

Was the way that they went about campaigning for Andrea slimy? Sure, but  at least the quiet part was said out loud now so it can be addressed.

Was Marilyn Monroe an asshole? Why is the academy still shitting on her in 2023? That movie was disrespectful and it shouldnt be rewarded with anything. Not even a razzie performance.  That was the performance that legit stole deadwylers nom.

fastlane
    Topics:

I think that Jennifer Lawrence should have take the spot of either Ana De Armas, Michelle Williams or Andrea Riseborough. They nominate Bryan so they clearly saw the film. She should have been the surprise nominee, not Andrea.

Please read the room.

GD
    Topics:

Please read the room.

??

Evan
    Topics:

When I watched Till a few months ago, I was convinced that Danielle Deadwyler would be winning the Oscar this year. Her performance was that singular and powerful. But to not even be nominated? Imcomprehensible.

Yeah, I’m still here.

Manav
    Topics:

I always find it puzzling how we’ve achieved considerable equitable diversity in Supporting Actress & Supporting Actor yet this category just doesn’t reform. It just seems puzzling to me.

Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I always find it puzzling how we’ve achieved considerable equitable diversity in Supporting Actress & Supporting Actor yet this category just doesn’t reform. It just seems puzzling to me.

But the first Asian and fifth Latina in history were nominated, these aren’t examples of diversity?

FYC:

Zar Amir Ebrahimi - Holy Spider (Best Actress)
    Ana de Armas, Julianne Nicholson - Blonde (Best Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Samantha Morton - She Said (Best Supporting Actress)
    Kerry Condon - The Banshees of Inisherin (Best Supporting Actress)

belzoni1982
    Topics:

When I watched Till a few months ago, I was convinced that Danielle Deadwyler would be winning the Oscar this year. Her performance was that singular and powerful. But to not even be nominated? Imcomprehensible. Yeah, I’m still here.

Same.

It’s been over 24 hours since the nominations and still in shock

Although her not getting a golden globe nominations was definitely an eye opener that the movie or performance wasn’t universally loved.

Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

I always find it puzzling how we’ve achieved considerable equitable diversity in Supporting Actress & Supporting Actor yet this category just doesn’t reform. It just seems pEuzzling to me.

Even Actor’s getting more love these days, but actress and director cant seem to gain any traction.

belzoni1982
    Topics:

If you haven’t already watch Monster’s Ball and see for yourself. She’s amazing and the best in the room. Her acceptance speech was one for the ages.

Her performance was great, but the narrative of no black woman winning Lead Actress really pushed her towards the win

BurgerFriesSoda
    Topics:

i don’t want to put down the accomplishment of Yeoh’s nomination this year, but I do wish we wouldn’t erase Merle Oberon’s Best Actress nomination. There were issues of passing as white for audiences back in the day, a discussion worth having, but I think we should remember that this did happen.

Kind of surprised by major media outlets ignoring her.

babypook
    Topics:

i don’t want to put down the accomplishment of Yeoh’s nomination this year, but I do wish we wouldn’t erase Merle Oberon’s Best Actress nomination. There were issues of passing as white for audiences back in the day, a discussion worth having, but I think we should remember that this did happen.

Kind of surprised by major media outlets ignoring her.

She’s as Asian as Emma Stone and Scarlett Johannson.

Nice perf though.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Actormogul
    Topics:

Perfect line up :
    Cate Blanchett
    Danielle Deadwyler
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Rooney Mara
    Michelle Yeoh

I love Lawrence, but no. Andrea is sensational in To Leslie and it sucks how this nomination happened, but for anyone to say her performance is not worthy is baffling. Blanchett, Deadwyler, Yeoh, Riseborough should be nominated. I’ll give you Lawrence in the fifth slot, but if I’m going strictly off of (Acting) I think I’d leave De Armas

MysticMagix
    Topics:

That’s so salty. You don’t actually care about acting or awards, just POC picks above literally all else (in acting categories – no interest in the others amirite), and if you don’t get it, you throw your toys out of the pram.

Dont put words in my mouth. I know what i like and which performances i like and dont like and who i wanted to win and get nominated. So because 2 of my faves and many more who havent gotten noms this season arent included on the final line up, i no longer have a dog in this fight. And dont assume which categories i care for and which i dont care for. I will always cheer on POC nominees and if you dont know why, thats on you and your tunnel vision for only white actors to get noms/wins (which is disguisting). But since i no longer care much for this race, i put my support behind michelle yeoh

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

BurgerFriesSoda
    Topics:

All I know is a lot people here need CRT bad lol

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.