Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 3)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Barbra Please
Jake422
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

She’s mother!

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Oscars are about campaigning and both Margot and Michelle are gonna be everywhere, Robbie would be the typical young actress who wins for a big picture while Yeoh is the respected veteran who finally gets her time to shine.

This could go in any direction tho and even when I’m confident Michelle will likely be the critics darling this year, it wouldn’t surprise me if Margot was the industry’s choice like Emma Stone was in 2016.

We still need to see how the industry responds to Babylon (which apparently is a terrific film according to some reactions) because EEAAO has been creating buzz since the release and keeps building support every single day.

The only obstacle Michelle could face is that EEAAO is not the typical Oscar film and could be snubbed, but just like Babylon’s real reception, it’s still unknown how it goes.

Profile picture
    Bonehead
    Topics:

There’s also the possibility that another blonde Australian comes in and sweeps the whole thing out from under their feet to become the latest member of the three-timer’s club.

Tar

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oscars are about campaigning

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

3 lead actors from major BP vehicles that had endless screeners sent, industry events held, articles about their work written, critics using their awards to promote them, festival runs, magazine covers and photoshoots done plus their faces exposed through whole 6 months every time someone mentioned the Oscars. How were they not campaigned? I thought we had reached the point to realize that campaign is much more than doing THR roundtables.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Joaquin campaigned a lot, though… And their movies were campaigned heavily.

But I agree that if there’s overall passion for your performance then it doesn’t really matter how much campaigning you did.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, change this thread title to ‘ Michelle Yeoh’s Road To Oscars’

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Tang Wei, Decision To Leave
    Rebecca Hall, Resurrection

James Hong & Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Congrats Dr. Michelle Yeoh. ❤ Oscar trophy next! You deserve everything and more.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, Good Luck To You, Leo Grande is an awesome little drama. Both Horny Thompson and Hot McCormack turns in a bravura, funny, and heartbreaking performances that is absolutely Oscar-worthy. The screenplay also deserves a nom.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Tang Wei, Decision To Leave
    Rebecca Hall, Resurrection

James Hong & Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Profile picture
    leon375
    Topics:

I can’t wait till oscar season officially debuts with Venice.

Profile picture
    Jaket1991
    Topics:

Am I the only one to find Leo Grande underwhelming in both performances and also overall quality? Interesting concept but that’s about it

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Am I the only one to find Leo Grande underwhelming in both performances and also overall quality? Interesting concept but that’s about it

I share a similar feeling. I watched it many months ago and while I still don’t think it’s a particularly great film, Thompon’s performance certainly has some lingering quality to it. I find myself thinking about the character and Thompson’s portrayal quite often these days. It’s a very layered performance that trumps a somewhat mediocre film. (And let’s be honest, Emma Thompson is always at the top of her game, it’s been a long time since she’s received any love from the Academy and it would be great to see her nominated again.)

Profile picture
    Lydia 3rd Oscar TAR
    Topics:

Darling, Good Luck To You, Leo Grande is an awesome little drama. Both Horny Thompson and Hot McCormack turns in a bravura, funny, and heartbreaking performances that is absolutely Oscar-worthy. The screenplay also deserves a nom.

At first I thought “who would name their daughter Horny Thompson?”

He he slow Sunday here

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: The Way of The Wind
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: TAR
    Best Actor: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actress: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actor: Poor Things

Profile picture
    TheDarkShaw
    Topics:

This just feels like its Michelle Yeoh’s year…

I can’t explain it but it just does, her performance in EEAAO has just resonated with people in such a way. Plus I think the story just writes itself for the Academy. An all time great legend, whom somehow has ( wrongfully but they’ll never admit it ) never been to or won an Oscar. She’s sort of the Cinderella Under dog of 2022…

I know the field is stacked… And it will likely come down to her and Margot Robbie, but I just believe Yeoh is gonna win it. Plus I think voters will want that feel good story, especially after what happened at last seasons show. Yeoh feels like the people’s champ, where as Margot Robbie feels like the one voters badly wanna crown. If Yeoh doesn’t win for this, she’s never gonna win one the rest of her career imo

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

This just feels like its Michelle Yeoh’s year… I can’t explain it but it just does, her performance in EEAAO has just resonated with people in such a way. 

Touchwood. I really hope her momentum continues till the very end!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.