Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 3)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Barbra Please
Jake422
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

By the way are we sure IWDWS is gonna be released this season? I think I read somewhere that they are currently doing some reshoots because WH’s manager and family were not happy with a certain storyline that was being portrayed

Where did you read that?

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Have a feeling Blanchett might topple Margot and take her 3rd win

Tar seems to be way to niche and artsy. Margot will be doing a LOT in a Damien Chazelle movie. I don’t know.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Obviously, Ana De Armas has reinvented acting with her performance as Marilyn Monroe. Keep underestimating her all you want

Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Lydia 3rd Oscar TAR
    Topics:

By the way are we sure IWDWS is gonna be released this season? I think I read somewhere that they are currently doing some reshoots because WH’s manager and family were not happy with a certain storyline that was being portrayed

Where did you get this info?

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: The Way of The Wind
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: TAR
    Best Actor: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actress: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actor: Poor Things

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

This industry is so fucking disgusting. They are literally throwing projects and money at Margot Robbie (who I like) but Lupita can’t get another fucking starring role. She has an Oscar and she proved herself to be good at the Box-Office with Us, but she has nothing.

Margot Robbie has not proven YET that she can carry a film to Box-Office success, but she is getting everything thrown at her.

Racism and Colorism in the industry is going absolutely NO WHERE.

Profile picture
    Jake422
    Topics:

Let it out honey, put it in the book!

It is peculiar how little Lupita has done since her Oscar Win. You would have thought after Us, she’d have projects lined up to keep her busy for awhile, but quite the opposite transpired.

I agree Margot Robbie has yet to prove herself as a box office star, but these days who is outside of Action Adventure , Disney/Marvel, and franchise films?
    I find Margot completely capable of turning in a good performance, we’ve seen it with I, Tonya, but yes I agree, she’s another It girl that is over saturated.

Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

If Michelle Yeoh and Tang Wei gets in together in this category, I will literally gag and choke from happiness. They are phenomenal.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

She’s also notably one of the most difficult people to work with and has serious substances issue. During the past 2 years she has dropped put of at least two pretty good projects: The Woman King opposite Viola Davis and a miniseries on Apple TV opposite Natalie Portman. Not everything id related to racism.

Lupita is difficult to work with and has substance abuse problems? Since when? You’re making some baseless claims and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was because of your prejudice.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

She’s also notably one of the most difficult people to work with and has serious substances issue.

What is your source or sources for this?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3303667/12-Years-Slave-star-Lupita-Nyong-o-ice-cold-diva-manipulative-b-refuses-speak-Eclipsed-castmates-not-character-Broadway-bound-play.html And for the substances part: my bad I thought I read she had a problem but it appears she’s just been dating someone shady.

Please not the random DailyMail gossip source. And you assuming she has substance abuse is reallyyy suspicious. Like really suspicious and not okay at all.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Why the constant attacks on Robbie? How many movies has she done? The Black community isn’t even united. I mean, which black actress gets support here besides Viola Davis? I’ll take these attacks seriously when I see other black women get support on here. I mean black women who aren’t Davis or Nyong’o

Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.