Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 4)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 509 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Bonehead
wolfali
crabbie

• Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 4 is now open.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

First time nominees here we come

Yeoh

jamon__serrano
    Topics:

MICHELLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Bonehead
    Topics:

Blanchett, Colman, and Yeoh feel safe with Robbie, Ackie, and Deadwyler fighting for the remaining two spots.

Margot Robbie has both Babylon and Amsterdam, two pictures set in the Jazz-age, which could lead to vote-splitting. There’s also already some confusion among pundits whether she will go lead or supporting.

Unless she’s a threat to win, Robbie doesn’t benefit from the Academy nomination like the two other women would. A “snub” might even generate more attention and incentive to award her performance in Barbie next year.

With Robbie out, it’s an “everybody wins” situation.

"I wasn't trying to be nice. I was trying to be accurate."

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, Michelle Yeoh and Tang Wei better be nominated.

Babylonian
    Topics:

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Bonehead
    Topics:

It’s so tough to predict Colman. Will she really have her 3rd back to back nomination?

Ingrid Bergman, Glenn Close, Jane Fonda, and Meryl Streep were nominated 3 years in a row.

Bette Davis, Jennifer Jones, Thelma Ritter, and Elizabeth Taylor were nominated 4 years in a row.

When they REALLY like you, it can happen, and Olivia Colman has the force of Disney backing her this time.

I can understand the hesitancy though.

"I wasn't trying to be nice. I was trying to be accurate."

TheDarkShaw
    Topics:

Yeoh’s performance from EEAAO is so beloved not just critics, not just fans, but clearly people deep within the industry. Just racking up these pre Oscar honors and awards so far. Its kind of amazing and jarring as someone thats been a fan of hers since 1998

She’s the biggest lock already for a nomination at this point so far. At this point its about getting the actual win and I really believe its her year to pull off the Cinderella win. It just feels like it should be her and the only thing that stands in her way is “Typical Academy agendas and politics”

But for now those things haven’t gotten in her way, as she clearly has alot of support within the industry. To go from being ignored for Oscar attention for decades, to possibly being within range of winning would be unbelievable.

Cosmia
    Topics:

Blanchett, Colman, and Yeoh feel safe with Robbie, Ackie, and Deadwyler fighting for the remaining two spots. Margot Robbie has both Babylon and Amsterdam, two pictures set in the Jazz-age, which could lead to vote-splitting. There’s also already some confusion among pundits whether she will go lead or supporting. With Barbie coming out next year, I have no doubt she’ll find herself in the awards conversation again soon. Robbie doesn’t benefit from the Academy nomination like the two other women would. In fact, a “snub” might even generate more attention for her performance in Barbie. With Robbie out, it’s an “everybody wins” situation.

I think it’s clear that Babylon will be the major focus for her over Amsterdam.

alittle03
    Topics:

New thread! Perfect time to post some predictions for the month of September; usually, I’d post on the first of the corresponding month, but Wednesday onward will be filled with news from Venice, so I’ll post them a bit early. These are the last predictions before Venice, TIFF, and Telluride. Reactions from these festivals should/will help give wider scope on the race, as well as informing how confident we should be in our predictions.

*Final pre-fest predictions below, based on mix of both nomination likelihood and personal confidence.

1. Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All at Once
    2. Margot Robbie, Babylon
    3. Olivia Colman, Empire of Light
    4. Naomi Ackie, I Wanna Dance With Somebody
    5. Cate Blanchett, Tár

6. Danielle Deadwyler, Till
    7. Jennifer Lawrence, Causeway
    8. Carey Mulligan, She Said
    9. Viola Davis, The Woman King
    10. Emma Thompson, Good Luck to You, Leo Grande

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Michelle Yeoh is getting a TIFF tribute omg! It’s her year her time!

pedrohf2001
    Topics:

It’s so tough to predict Colman. Will she really have her 3rd back to back nomination? If she’s undeniable, I’m here for it, but something tells me she’s not going 3 years in a row with this savagery of a competition we have currently.

Is there that much competition? It seems to me it’s Yeoh, Margot, Blanchett, Danielle, Colman.. Mulligan?

IWDWS is said to be a extremely mediocre movie and I don’t see Ackie taking the place of any of the ladies up there. Last year probably.

crabbie
    Topics:

Michelle Yeoh – Passion pick/critical daring
    Naomi Ackie – Biopic pleaser
    Olivia Colman – Searchlight priority
    Cate Blanchett – Venice performer
    Margot Robbie (Babylon) – Unequivocal frontrunner

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.