Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 4)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 509 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Bonehead
wolfali
Norma Jeane

• Manav
    Topics:

TAR:-

94 from 5 reviews.

gorman
    Topics:

Love Cate, but can we please make room for people that are not veterans? I know she’s a legend with capital L, but wouldn’t it be nice if we could have at least half of the nominees in this category be first time nominees? Just a thought, nothing shady

No reason both sides can’t happen there. They’re not really connected, even. If Blanchett is the best, she should be nominated and win, but you could still easily get two first time nominees in Yeoh and Ackie, for example, perhaps three with Deadwyler hot on their heels. My stance is that the nicest approach is just voting for the best five but of course introducing more performances and films centred on as diverse a range of stories as possible is preferable and key to making sure the best is truly rewarded, so I’m hoping to see new faces as well.

gorman
    Topics:

TAR:- 94 from 5 reviews.

Very strong. Will end up a few points up or down from this eventually, but we most likely have our first critics darling of the season. Major sign of Oscar chances if it can stay about 88/89 for me. Actress nom seems all but certain – it’s a big boost for Blanchett’s winning chances that it now looks like TÀR could get in elsewhere as well.

kamila
    Topics:

I’m feeling potential Carol-level passion for Blanchett out of some of these reviews.

Babygirl
    Topics:

These reviews are even better than Blue Jasmine’s raves. Let’s go LEGEND Cate!

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Queen Cate was always serving in another Todd Field’s masterpiece… I can’t wait to see her. Looks like Michelle Yeoh have some competition now.

diego
    Topics:

Love Cate, but can we please make room for people that are not veterans? I know she’s a legend with capital L, but wouldn’t it be nice if we could have at least half of the nominees in this category be first time nominees? Just a thought, nothing shady

If Meryl can get nominated for horrible performances then Cate (and everyone else) deserves to get nominated for her acclaimed work.

Nominees should in theory be the consensus top 5 performances of the year. Shouldn’t matter if you already have 8 nominations or none.

nevkm
    Topics:

Six minute standing ovation at Venice 👏

crabbie
    Topics:

TÁR looks amazing and the comparison to Margaret makes me even more excited to see the film. Would love for the film to get nominated in Picture again especially since people continue to complain about “art films”. Blanchett is a legend and I have no doubt she will serve again.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

wolfali
    Topics:

This must be the first time I’ve ever seen people so universally excited for a film on this forum (not that I’m complaining of course considering I’m excited to see TÁR too)!

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Lil Tony
    Topics:

I hope Robbie wins an Oscar soon. This scene alone should have gotten her the gold, but the academy chose to reward Mcdormand for that lousy Three Billboards nonsense

Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Lil Tony
    Topics:

Another Spencer and Lost Doll loading in the name of Tar.

Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

crabbie
    Topics:

Maybe you can look forward to The Greatest Beer Run or something.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

Bonehead
    Topics:

Another Spencer and Lost Doll loading in the name of Tar.

You could be right, but maybe it’s best to let people enjoy their excitement?

"I wasn't trying to be nice. I was trying to be accurate."

Lil Tony
    Topics:

This must be the first time I’ve ever seen people so universally excited for a film on this forum (not that I’m complaining of course considering I’m excited to see TÁR too)!

It’s because it’s from their fave. They wouldn’t have been excited if it was from Margot Robbie or Jennifer Lawrence

Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.