Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 6)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 498 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Norma Jeane
Anna Delvey
ejaru1810

• kamila
    Topics:

Something seems off about how IWDWS was shot. It doesn’t look well made. I also think that just with Ackie not exactly looking like a dead ringer for Whitney, there could be backlash here especially since she isn’t singing. I don’t think anyone who is a fan of Whitney is going to just accept a subpar biopic. Hudson had the benefit of being chosen by Aretha herself.

ThinkGreen88
    Topics:

IWDWS trailer shows movie will be a compilation of Whitney’s popular moments and… just that

BigJay2012
    Topics:

Something seems off about how IWDWS was shot. It doesn’t look well made. I also think that just with Ackie not exactly looking like a dead ringer for Whitney, there could be backlash here especially since she isn’t singing. I don’t think anyone who is a fan of Whitney is going to just accept a subpar biopic. Hudson had the benefit of being chosen by Aretha herself.

I think the way its shots looks pretty much like Bohemian Rhapsody, no better or worse.

If her performance is amazing as many reports have already said, the performance will trump the backlash. You can’t deny a performance.

For fun I went back and looked at the trailer for What’s Love Got To Do With It. That trailer reminded me of this trailer in the sense that it didn’t suggest how really powerful the film and performances turned actually turned out to be. I hope that turns out to be the case with this film.

Mare Sheehan
    Topics:

“From the writer of Bohemian Rhapsody”.

They are aware that’s not a good thing right?

Emmy and Academy Award Winner - Kate Winslet

kamila
    Topics:

For fun I went back and looked at the trailer for What’s Love Got To Do With It. That trailer reminded me of this trailer in the sense that it didn’t suggest how really powerful the film and performances turned actually turned out to be. I hope that turns out to be the case with this film.

I’d say you see more of Angela Bassett’s big acting moments in that trailer, but that’s fair. I just watched it again too and actually it’s incredible how that film has stayed the blueprint for a lot of music biopics today.

diego
    Topics:

So yeah Ackie can miss. Maybe it’s me being delusional but I feel like people are kinda over these movies? Like literally all of them are the same.

crabbie
    Topics:

So yeah Ackie can miss. Maybe it’s me being delusional but I feel like people are kinda over these movies? Like literally all of them are the same.

Chastain winning for the Eyes of Hammy Faye has left me traumatized. I think the Academy is obsessed with biopics still.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

BigJay2012
    Topics:

“From the writer of Bohemian Rhapsody”.

They are aware that’s not a good thing right?

its a good thing for general AUDIENCES. General audiences loved Bohemian Rhapsody.

Most audiences are not film snobs lol

diego
    Topics:

Chastain winning for the Eyes of Hammy Faye has left me traumatized. I think the Academy is obsessed with biopics still.

Hmm, maybe but I see Chastain more in line with the Streep and Oldman type of performance with the HEAVY makeup and prosthetics.

Ackie is more like Hudson, Day, or Egerton.

smartypants27
    Topics:

the academy watching TÁR, EEAAO and Babylon

VS

The academy watching Blonde and IWDWS.

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

the academy watching TÁR, EEAAO and Babylon VS The academy watching Blonde and IWDWS.

i don’t trust those old men lol

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

MysticMagix
    Topics:

I still cant believe the flop that was tammy faye won. But then again…the academy loves BIG BAITY roles. Thats why ackie may still get in and why viola prob will too.

Viola

Cate

Ackie

Robbie (iffy on her)

Yeoh (even tho i dont like her film)

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

film123
    Topics:

I still cant believe the flop that was tammy faye won. But then again…the academy loves BIG BAITY roles. Thats why ackie may still get in and why viola prob will too. Viola Cate Ackie Robbie (iffy on her) Yeoh (even tho i dont like her film)

Did you really have to mention you didn’t like EEAAO💀. Yeoh is still happening, so you can seethe. GD is notorious for disliking Asian performances.

BigJay2012
    Topics:

If you have ever seen Naomi Ackie, well…in anything you’d know she’s a fantastic actress………especially The End of the F’ing World and Master of None. So I know her performance will be on point. That part I’m not worried about.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.