Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 8)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 510 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Selma Linda
Uri_Urusha
Anna Delvey

• Selma Linda
    Topics:

With Women Talking coming on strong, I can see Rooney Mara being nominated.

Uri Urusha
    Topics:

n lastly about cruz n winslet then cruz n Chastain i explained just 3 post above with fact.if u have actual fact supporting ur claims rather than being cruz was simply lucky,blanchett was probably embarrassed as if they personally told u,do kindly share.if not im really bored on this subject n I’m sure other people r bored me explaining things. Put me out my misery.

Uri Urusha
    Topics:

With Women Talking coming on strong, I can see Rooney Mara being nominated.

I see it too

laslo
    Topics:

U r turning facts into a hell lot of coincidence. Like u put 10 very specific incidents into random coincidence. 1.blanchatt would never turn down her 3rd oscar, if she was actually winning it.she isn’t. She doesn’t have the vehicle like she did for scorsese’s aviator or woody allen’s blue jasmine. She doesn’t have film being a box office hit.she also doesn’t have a katherine Hepburn or blache debois to pull that show that she did something different from her usual good acting. Academy won’t give her 3rd for this when glen close doesn’t have one oscar. Winslet, dench,Thompson, viola davis all have only one.r they lesser actress than Blanchett?francis would never got her 3rd if she didn’t sneak her produced film into covid year.but Blanchett is getting nominated. So if hylda can’t get a 3rd win,she ofcourse is going for Michelle’s first.

2.winslet could absolutely get in a nomination for finding neverland. It was nominated in all main categories like best picture, won for music category,was nominated for johnny depp.n also other categories. Backed by harvey. But most of all it was directed by mark foster who directed monstrous ball that hally berry her oscar win the year before. N he won’t fetch even a nomination for winslet.?eternal sunshine released at march n winslet still got nominated for the leads.etenal sunshine wasn’t a best picture nominee. Finding neverland that released during oscar season was a big best picture nominee. Its strange that winslet couldn’t get a Supporting nom for it while bafta nominated her in both eternal sunshine n finding neverland.

3.when is the last time an established actor or actress missed a acting nom in a fincher film?u mean to tell me blanchett’s acting was so bad that even brad pitt in his pretty boy era managed a nom n blanchett couldn’t in a fincher film?do u how this mere notion looks on blanchett’s acting?

I think you’re turning circumstances and events that have a logical explanation into an agent’s master plan. Hylda may be a great professional and a very influential person in Hollywood, but you’re making it like she can decide who loses and who wins.
    As for the second part of your post, I again strongly disagree. Cate Blanchett is always her own vehicle. Whether she’s a bigger actress than those people you mention is subjective, but that she’s had much better opportunities to showcase her talent is a certainty. But this conversation is going nowhere. As I said before, you do you. I’ll keep my opinions and you keep yours.
    About your new post I think you’ve already answered yourself, BAFTA nominated her twice in Lead, something that couldn’t happen at the Oscars. It’s not like she’s going to make the extra effort of a fraud-esque campaign in Supporting if she’s already getting nominated in Lead anyway for another movie. And it would be a total namechek, as the buzz of the film had very little to do with her specific performance.
    And for your revisionist post about actors being nominated in Fincher’s films, no actor had been nominated for an Oscar in his films up to that point. And yes, I think Pitt would get a nomination and she wouldn’t as his performance was embraced by GG, SAG. BAFTA and hers was not. Anyway, good luck trying to convince yourself.

Anna Delvey
    Topics:

This is like the 100th industry person praising TWK. Underestimate the movie at your own peril.

Uri Urusha
    Topics:

I think you’re turning circumstances and events that have a logical explanation into an agent’s master plan. Hylda may be a great professional and a very influential person in Hollywood, but you’re making it like she can decide who loses and who wins. As for the second part of your post, I again strongly disagree. Cate Blanchett is always her own vehicle. Whether she’s a bigger actress than those people you mention is subjective, but that she’s had much better opportunities to showcase her talent is a certainty. But this conversation is going nowhere. As I said before, you do you. I’ll keep my opinions and you keep yours. About your new post I think you’ve already answered yourself, BAFTA nominated her twice in Lead, something that couldn’t happen at the Oscars. It’s not like she’s going to make the extra effort of a fraud-esque campaign in Supporting if she’s already getting nominated in Lead anyway for another movie. And it would be a total namechek, as the buzz of the film had very little to do with her specific performance. And for your revisionist post about actors being nominated in Fincher’s films, no actor had been nominated for an Oscar in his films up to that point. And yes, I think Pitt would get a nomination and she wouldn’t as his performance was embraced by GG, SAG. BAFTA and hers was not. Anyway, good luck trying to convince yourself.

Well if Michelle end up winning n blanchett end up loosing that would prove who is trying to convince whom wouldn’t it?i guess we will see.

Ps. Hylda doesn’t have the power to decide who win or who lose. But stay a top in field dominated by vicious males ,she absolutely has to have some sort brilliance in when to push for whom.she is very good at it.thats why almost all her clients r oscar winner. Lupita,Chastain. Cruz, blanchett, winslet, cotillard. N my feelings say this time she is pushing for Michelle. We will have our answers by 5 months top.

Manav
    Topics:

BAFTA nominated her twice in Lead, something that couldn’t happen at the Oscars. It’s not like she’s going to make the extra effort of a fraud-esque campaign in Supporting if she’s already getting nominated in Lead anyway for another movie. And it would be a total namechek, as the buzz of the film had very little to do with her specific performance. 

I agree with all posts of yours on this topic. Just disagreeing respectfully with this. I do think she would have been nominated for Finding Neverland in Lead if ESOTSM was not in way. The Academy and SAG’s rule of only one performance per actor in Lead blocked her. Else her performance was really acclaimed and did get nominated at BAFTA. 😃

laslo
    Topics:

I agree with all posts of yours on this topic. Just disagreeing respectfully with this. I do think she would have been nominated for Finding Neverland in Lead if ESOTSM was not in way. The Academy and SAG’s rule of only one performance per actor in Lead blocked her. Else her performance was really acclaimed and did get nominated at BAFTA. 😃

I think she would be nominated too, since it was a strong performance. When I say that the buzz of the film had very little to do with her specific performance, it means that the film was not exclusively dependent on her performance as it was a solid film in many other respects. The person wanted to question why this performance didn’t compete with Blanchett who was in Supporting, and I simply argued that trying to get a second nomination for her in Supporting was an unnecessary effort as the film could get a BP nomination even without her being nominated, and another performance of hers would be nominated anyway.

ysteed
    Topics:

Aha
    We saw Cate do Hedda Gabler at BAM in NY and we met Meryl and Jane Fonda that evening. Jane was dressed in white even though it was a cold winter night. Meryl “wasn’t working that night” – that’s what she said to my partner. Cate was gorgeous and lovely. That was nearly 20 yrs ago!!!

BurgerFriesSoda
    Topics:

2.winslet could absolutely get in a nomination for finding neverland. It was nominated in all main categories like best picture, won for music category,was nominated for johnny depp.n also other categories. Backed by harvey. But most of all it was directed by mark foster who directed monstrous ball that hally berry her oscar win the year before. N he won’t fetch even a nomination for winslet.?eternal sunshine released at march n winslet still got nominated for the leads.etenal sunshine wasn’t a best picture nominee. Finding neverland that released during oscar season was a big best picture nominee. Its strange that winslet couldn’t get a Supporting nom for it while bafta nominated her in both eternal sunshine n finding neverland.

To be honest, if 2004 had some modern technology swipe Eternal Sunshine from existence, it more than likely would have been Uma Thurman that year before Winslet.

Highmore missing supporting actor is pretty indicative of the film’s praise that year. If he missed after his SAG nomination, I’m not sure how Winslet would have gotten in with just a BAFTA when there was a pretty strong case for Thurman based on the precursors in the States.

Finding Neverland was an acclaimed film that year, sure, but I remember that year’s race/season pretty well. It was widely predicted to get nominated, but it also wasn’t really the “strongest” year for Best Picture, and it was pretty apparent it sat with Ray in the last two slots of the five nominees.

I guess it having the 2nd most nominations that night can make it look historically more significant that year than it was, but it was a year where two major Picture frontrunners were modern set stories that wouldn’t get recognized in some of the production categories, so Neverland’s costume/score nominations were a given, but it’s more revealing that it didn’t get nominated for Director.

Uri Urusha
    Topics:

I think she would be nominated too, since it was a strong performance. When I say that the buzz of the film had very little to do with her specific performance, it means that the film was not exclusively dependent on her performance as it was a solid film in many other respects. The person wanted to question why this performance didn’t compete with Blanchett who was in Supporting, and I simply argued that trying to get a second nomination for her in Supporting was an unnecessary effort as the film could get a BP nomination even without her being nominated, and another performance of hers would be nominated anyway.

But it didn’t stop for her reader to go both leading n supporting. There’s no way winslet would miss if she wanted to go for supporting as leading slot was already filled up by eternal sunshine. N about her buzz for finding neverland, i remember entertainment Weekley put both johnny depp n kate winslet on cover photoshoot declaring oscar Season begins. Woody allen had to cast scarlett johansson last minute for matchpoint cause hervey wouldn’t free winslet schedule for her to do press for whole oscar season for finding neverland, n its director just got halley Berry her oscar 9 months before.it’s funny to suggest she couldn’t land a supporting at oscar while bafta already did nominated her.

Uri Urusha
    Topics:

To be honest, if 2004 had some modern technology swipe Eternal Sunshine from existence, it more than likely would have been Uma Thurman that year before Winslet. Highmore missing supporting actor is pretty indicative of the film’s praise that year. If he missed after his SAG nomination, I’m not sure how Winslet would have gotten in with just a BAFTA when there was a pretty strong case for Thurman based on the precursors in the States. Finding Neverland was an acclaimed film that year, sure, but I remember that year’s race/season pretty well. It was widely predicted to get nominated, but it also wasn’t really the “strongest” year for Best Picture, and it was pretty apparent it sat with Ray in the last two slots of the five nominees. I guess it having the 2nd most nominations that night can make it look historically more significant that year than it was, but it was a year where two major Picture frontrunners were modern set stories that wouldn’t get recognized in some of the production categories, so Neverland’s costume/score nominations were a given, but it’s more revealing that it didn’t get nominated for Director.

Uma’s movie kill bill 2 was only nominated as best picture in mtv awards. N uma before winslet? 😁

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Uri Urusha
    Topics:

n please let this subject drop now.i am tired.

laslo
    Topics:

But it didn’t stop for her reader to go both leading n supporting. There’s no way winslet would miss if she wanted to go for supporting as leading slot was already filled up by eternal sunshine. N about her buzz for finding neverland, i remember entertainment Weekley put both johnny depp n kate winslet on cover photoshoot declaring oscar Season begins. Woody allen had to cast scarlett johansson last minute for matchpoint cause hervey wouldn’t free winslet schedule for her to do press for whole oscar season for finding neverland, n its director just got halley Berry her oscar 9 months before.it’s funny to suggest she couldn’t land a supporting at oscar while bafta already did nominated her.

“But it didn’t stop for her reader to go both leading n supporting.” This makes very little sense, but if you’re trying to say that it didn’t stop her from trying two nominations a few years later, you’re half right as in the middle of the campaign they played it safe and tried to bet on one performance only. But once again you made this analogy without any context. If she had attempted a campaign in Supporting for Finding Neverland it would have almost completely weakened her also BAFTA-nominated costar Julie Christie. These two years are different situations with different parts to weigh in the decisions that were made. But in both of them they made the most sensible decision which was to prioritize the performance with the strongest appeal so she had the biggest chance of winning, and it worked the second time around.

There is no need to respond to my posts on this because we are not going to come to an agreement. I think your points are stupid and you think mine are stupid. That’s it, like you said we’ll see in a few months who’s right.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.