Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 8)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 510 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Selma Linda
Uri_Urusha
Anna Delvey

• Uri Urusha
    Topics:

Winning or losing has nothing to do with Hylda. Hylda might have a keen eye for a good material or good project which can be nominated for any awards. Some actors have also developed this kind of skills and look for quality projects (regardless of the budget) or know which “Directors” they want to work with.

Do you know cate blanchett very publicly said that she would be an unformed piece of ameibolic jelly without hylda.her words,not mine.so i do thing it does have a lot to do with hylda. U guys r acting as if hylda queally is rick yorn.yorn only manages dicaprio, so all his push n choice r centered on him.while hylda has lupita,cotillard, cruz,Chastain, winslet, blanchett. If she solely push for one person, she won’t be in business. She will lose all her other clients. N that those choices n pushes works out for everybody.

Uri Urusha
    Topics:

“But it didn’t stop for her reader to go both leading n supporting.” This makes very little sense, but if you’re trying to say that it didn’t stop her from trying two nominations a few years later, you’re half right as in the middle of the campaign they played it safe and tried to bet on one performance only. But once again you made this analogy without any context. If she had attempted a campaign in Supporting for Finding Neverland it would have almost completely weakened her also BAFTA-nominated costar Julie Christie. These two years are different situations with different parts to weigh in the decisions that were made. But in both of them they made the most sensible decision which was to prioritize the performance with the strongest appeal so she had the biggest chance of winning, and it worked the second time around. There is no need to respond to my posts on this because we are not going to come to an agreement. I think your points are stupid and you think mine are stupid. That’s it, like you said we’ll see in a few months who’s right.

“But it didn’t stop for her reader to go both leading n supporting.” This makes very little sense, but if you’re trying to say that it didn’t stop her from trying two nominations a few years later, you’re half right as in the middle of the campaign they played it safe and tried to bet on one performance only. But once again you made this analogy without any context. If she had attempted a campaign in Supporting for Finding Neverland it would have almost completely weakened her also BAFTA-nominated costar Julie Christie. These two years are different situations with different parts to weigh in the decisions that were made. But in both of them they made the most sensible decision which was to prioritize the performance with the strongest appeal so she had the biggest chance of winning, and it worked the second time around.

There is no need to respond to my posts on this because we are not going to come to an agreement. I think your points are stupid and you think mine are stupid. That’s it, like you said we’ll see in a few months who’s right.

I never wrote the word stupid. Neither do i think u r.yeah just a month.n i guess we will see who won.

Absidd
    Topics:

I love Blanchett and Williams, but I really hope this is Michelle Yeoh’s year.

Manav
    Topics:

I think she would be nominated too, since it was a strong performance. When I say that the buzz of the film had very little to do with her specific performance, it means that the film was not exclusively dependent on her performance as it was a solid film in many other respects. The person wanted to question why this performance didn’t compete with Blanchett who was in Supporting, and I simply argued that trying to get a second nomination for her in Supporting was an unnecessary effort as the film could get a BP nomination even without her being nominated, and another performance of hers would be nominated anyway.

Got it! 😃

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

estrelas
    Topics:

Danielle Deadwyler is coming for them wigs. We’ll be seated to witness the massive serve. 👏🏼😎

(It’s what she deserves after being massively disrespected for Station Eleven)

Ed Distasio
    Topics:

I’m surprised nobody is talking about Naomi ackie for the whitney Houston film

Uri Urusha
    Topics:

Agents don’t have power over who’s winning or losing. But they do have the power to strategies a campaign n hope that it will succeed. For most part,hylda’s n her clients strategy succeed. Remember when blanchett  loose against paltrow despite having the better performance, because harvey was pushing her.so in second nomination for aviator, she was against Laura laeney,Natalie Portman n two other not prominent actress. N if winslet was also in running for the supporting, it would have her 5th nomination n no win.so some votes would go to winslet, which would have lessened blanchett’s, n maybe like paltrow did,this time Natalie might’ve caused an upset. Thats what mean by vote splitting. Winslet not getting in mix worked wonders for blanchett.

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Has anybody seen her performance yet? If I have ever seen her in anything else she hasn’t made an impression on me…. It might be that once her performance is seen she will move up in the odds.

Anna Delvey
    Topics:

Because her film has a poster — a horrid one — and a trailer (also horrid) and that’s it so far. The movie will not be screening anywhere before its release, was doing reshoots in late August and will be competing against Avatar and Babylon at the BO. It sounds like an incoming disaster, baity or not.

Uri Urusha
    Topics:

The people i see locked for nomination r Williams, yeoh,blanchett, davis.one slot is yet open.when campaign starts, it’ll be interesting to see how Michelle’s campaign n blanchett campaign go.as they both have the same agent.but i do think Michelle is winning. Lets see if that happens.

estrelas
    Topics:

Because her film has a poster — a horrid one — and a trailer (also horrid) and that’s it so far. The movie will not be screening anywhere before its release, was doing reshoots in late August and will be competing against Avatar and Babylon at the BO. It sounds like an incoming disaster, baity or not.

I mean, I think it’ll do much better than Babylon tbh. I think the latter will struggle the most BO wise.

Anna Delvey
    Topics:

I mean, I think it’ll do much better than Babylon tbh. I think the latter will struggle the most BO wise.

I agree. Because people will go see Whitney regardless of how the movie looks, while I still am not sure what exactly Babylon’s audience is supposed to be. I would be scared if I were Damien, considering that $110M budget.

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Does anybody else really want Florence Pugh to be nominated for her superb phenomenal performance in Don’t Worry Darling? I don’t have her in my predictions due to the mixed reviews for the film but her personal reviews are extremely strong (and rightly so). I am hoping the critics give her a boost at the end of the year/beginning of next year – she deserves it!

blackwidow12
    Topics:

Does anybody else really want Florence Pugh to be nominated for her superb phenomenal performance in Don’t Worry Darling? I don’t have her in my predictions due to the mixed reviews for the film but her personal reviews are extremely strong (and rightly so). I am hoping the critics give her a boost at the end of the year/beginning of next year – she deserves it!

She’s not getting nominated this year but she’ll still come out of this with a box office hit as a leading lady, boosted popularity, great reviews for her performance and good audience scores, so I would argue this movie ended up being a win for her, despite the critical reception and the messy behind the scenes.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.