Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 8)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 510 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Selma Linda
Uri_Urusha
Anna Delvey

• Jane White
    Topics:

The Academy will want to make history this year.

Selma Linda
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain just won for a bad movie no one has seen.

But Chastain won because she was lucky to be in a weak year, unlike this year, which has many actresses with strong films.

Selma Linda
    Topics:

But I believe in Ackie nomination and I hope movie is good, but I have low expectations.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

If Twitter isn’t real life, why do so many corporations focused on social media campaigns? Why are so many experts concerned over social media harassment, misinformation or radicalization?

It is real life, but stuff that happens on Twitter and never “escapes” Twitter*** (hold that thought) is kind of the real life equivalent of a bitchy board meeting at one company that at worst is maybe mentioned in passing to someone at an industry event and they will in all likelihood chose to discount most of the time as third hand information.

People are right, 75% aren’t on Twitter, but also, large portions of people on Twitter are relatively inactive. It also skews young, younger than the Academy, though of course that will change over time.

****there is a boiling point on this, of course, and if something blows out of all proportion you can and do have situations like Don’t Worry Darling where it starts spilling in to the trades.

Something like BLM wasn’t just a Twitter thing, it was all over Instagram and Facebook and Twitter and Tiktok and Reddit etc and had well and truly moved in to the broader press.

Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Watch the academy snub yeoh and davis. Those old voters aint touching those films…

Are we sure, though? EEAO is a family film at the heart, no? They awarded cookie cutter family film this year, and tons of supposed Older voters like GdT likes EEAO.

The ones who will probably vote against it are probably the likes of Peter Farrelly, De Niro and similar demographics (no discredit to them), or well, some writers who is active in the 90s, as the lord-bless-him Jordan Ruimy claimed.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Manav
    Topics:

But I also believe that Blanchett will dominate the critics’ group.

I’m inclined to see where the critics will go this year.

Will they award a long working actress in the year’s biggest independent hit  whose potential nomination or win can do wonders for representation or will they go with a Volpi Cup winning towering legend giving what some believe her career best performance in an acclaimed film?

Interesting.

Bonehead
    Topics:

I’m inclined to see where the critics will go this year

Mia Goth

She’ll probably get notices from places like Austin, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Georgia, Houston, Los Angeles, Nashville, Phoenix, San Francisco, and Washington DC

Those are some of the critics groups that have no aversion to horror performances and recognized both Toni Collette and Lupita Nyong’o

smartypants27
    Topics:

🤣 Please tell me I’m not the only one that saw this 

CarlosEdu
    Topics:

Mia Goth She’ll probably get notices from places like Austin, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Georgia, Houston, Los Angeles, Nashville, Phoenix, San Francisco, and Washington DC Those are some of the critics groups that have no aversion to horror performances and recognized both Toni Collette and Lupita Nyong’o

I feel sad for her, I don’t watch Pearl yet but everbody that saw the movie is saying she deserves a nomination (even Variety made a article about it). At least, this is a good sign for Mia get a major role for award season in these next years.

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

what if They Fraud carey Mulligan into supporting since they frauded williams into lead

Selma Linda
    Topics:

I’m inclined to see where the critics will go this year.

Will they award a long working actress in the year’s biggest independent hit whose potential nomination or win can do wonders for representation or will they go with a Volpi Cup winning towering legend giving what some believe her career best performance in an acclaimed film?

Interesting.

I think Yeoh will also win a lot of awards from critics.

laslo
    Topics:

While I think a Michelle Yeoh snub isn’t impossible, at this point I think it’s extremely unlikely. When the movie came out I told someone on the very early predictions thread that it would be really cool, but really hard for Yeoh to keep the buzz going for almost a whole year. She proved me and everyone who had reservations wrong time and time again. Her victory is something tangible and I’m rooting for it to happen. This would breathe new life into the Academy, it would open doors to an inclusiveness not only of people but of creativity as well. Amplifying the Academy’s spectrum of artistic ambitions that they deem worthy is urgently needed. Rewarding a performance that will live on in the legacy of cinema for years and years to come is a chance that doesn’t come often. I hope they see this and that Michelle Yeoh collect her well-deserved flowers.

Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

I believe that this year a black actress will win.

Or maybe Michelle Yeoh ❤️

Selma Linda
    Topics:

Yeoh and Blanchett are the only locks.

Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

Yeoh and Blanchett are the only locks.

And possibly Viola Davis

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.