Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 553 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Anna Delvey
Rachel615
kamila

• Norma Jeane
    Topics:

Tar is the new Spencer.

jjjmoss
    Topics:

She is winning the trifecta that’s for sure

doubtful. iirc, the only woman who’s had an undisputed sweep twice of the trifecta is meryl.

michelle williams was the first 80s born actor with 2 lead noms; she is likely to become the first 80s born actor with 3 lead noms.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Heptapod
    Topics:

I won’t be surprised if Ackie fizzles out, but this whole conversation is reminding me quite a bit of the conversation around Andra Day a few years ago… I know the circumstances are different and Actress is much more competitive now than it was then, but I am having flashbacks. I stuck to my guns with Day then and I’ll be doing the same now, at least until the movie actually drops.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Norma Jeane
    Topics:

Andrew Dominik is a genius ahead of his time. Soon people will apologize to him.

Norma Jeane
    Topics:

I am taking a much needed break from awards boards until we get to those end of year possible game changers. Those November/December releases. It’s been a completely better season for actress this year than last. We have been blessed to have many character studies and showcases featuring show-stopping performances. My personal picks thus far and who I feel should really be in the running to be nominated/win 1. Cate Blanchett 2. Danielle Deadwyler 3. Mia Goth 4. Michelle Yeoh 5. Thuso Mbedu- y’all know she’s not supporting, y’all know she’s 100 percent co-lead with Viola, and in my humble opinion, gave a better and more worthy performance than Viola did.

Mia Goth and Ana De Armas Was Much Better Than Cate Blanchett.

Norma Jeane
    Topics:

Girl. Stop it. Ana De Armas basically played a frightened confused little girl trapped in a woman’s body searching for her Daddy for nearly 3 hours. It was an okay performance AT BEST. She had some great closeup shots showcasing her emotional state, and nailed the look, but the performance itself? Naw. That wasn’t even remotely close to being it. Please let’s not ever compare Ana’s performance to what Cate and Mia did this season.

She’s playing Marilyn Monroe and Netflix will do a strong campaign and Andrew Dominik has influential friends in the industry.

Norma Jeane
    Topics:

Ana de Armas had the best performance of the year.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

5. Thuso Mbedu- y’all know she’s not supporting, y’all know she’s 100 percent co-lead with Viola, and in my humble opinion, gave a better and more worthy performance than Viola did.

🫰 Finally the truth is said. 🫰

I’m sorry but anybody who thinks Viola is win-competitive or a lock for a nomination (or deserves to be, but I digress) anywhere (yes, even SAG) has obviously not seen the movie. I doubt she’ll win any end-of-year awards for her performance. She only gets in if The Woman King gets in, and probably vice versa, and that is not the likeliest of things with seven slots already seemingly occupied and a few more popular populist picks coming soon like Glass Onion and Avatar.

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    2. The Fabelmans
    3. The Banshees of Inisherin
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    6. Top Gun: Maverick
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

Anna Delvey
    Topics:

I’m sorry but anybody who thinks Viola is win-competitive or a lock for a nomination (or deserves to be, but I digress) anywhere (yes, even SAG) has obviously not seen the movie.

That is such bullshit. Think whatever you want about the performance — you are entitled to your opinion — but to say people are wrong for thinking she deserves to be nominated is ridiculous. Plenty of people HAVE seen the movie and think she is both nom-worthy and competitive for the nomination (no one’s really talked about the win anyway). My god. I hope she defies all expectations once again and gets in everywhere just to make some of you mad. When there are rude takes likes these, that’s all you can hope for. Your opinion does not dictate the Oscar race.

NevadaR
    Topics:

Ana de Armas had the best performance of the year.

Oh, you’re still here…

Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

That is such bullshit. Think whatever you want about the performance — you are entitled to your opinion — but to say people are wrong for thinking she deserves to be nominated is ridiculous. Plenty of people HAVE seen the movie and think she is both nom-worthy and competitive for the nomination (no one’s really talked about the win anyway). My god. I hope she defies all expectations once again and gets in everywhere just to make some of you mad. When there are rude takes likes these, that’s all you can hope for. Your opinion does not dictate the Oscar race.

ALL OF THIS! Lol

Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

🫰 Finally the truth is said. I’m sorry but anybody who thinks Viola is win-competitive or a lock for a nomination (or deserves to be, but I digress) anywhere (yes, even SAG) has obviously not seen the movie. I doubt she’ll win any end-of-year awards for her performance. She only gets in if The Woman King gets in, and probably vice versa, and that is not the likeliest of things with seven slots already seemingly occupied and a few more popular populist picks coming soon like Glass Onion and Avatar.

Hmmmm.  I understand you don’t like Viola’s performance in TWK but you need to remember this:  YOUR OPINION & ONLY YOURS.

👏 👏 👏 👏.svg” class=”emoji”

Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Tar is the new Spencer.

Not really. Spencer is directed by Pablo Larraín, a director who scored 3 nominations and no win for Jackie. Tár is directed by Todd Field, a guy who scored 5 nominations for his debut (including picture and screenplay) and three nominations for Little Children. His relationship with the academy is much better than Pablo’s. Tár already won a big prize and is a safe pick not only for actress, like Spencer, but also screenplay, picture and maybe director.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 553 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.