Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 553 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Anna Delvey
Rachel615
kamila

• JV
    Topics:

Winners predictions

Golden Globes – Drama: Cate Blanchett
    Golden Globes – Comedy/Musical: Michelle Yeoh
    SAG: Michelle Yeoh
    Critics Choice: Cate Blanchett
    BAFTA: Michelle Yeoh
    Oscar: Michelle Yeoh

National Board of Review: Cate Blanchett
    New York Film Critics: Danielle Deadwyler
    Los Angeles Film Critics: Cate Blanchett
    National Society of Film Critics: Cate Blanchett

wolfali
    Topics:

National Board of Review: Cate Blanchett

It wouldn’t surprise me if Yeoh won there with how much they lean on A24 whenever they have a prominent contender in the Oscar race.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

estrelas
    Topics:

I have the trifecta being split this year. I feel like there’s tons of competition and they’ll just go their way. Right now I’m predicting Blanchett (NYFCC), Yeoh (LAFCA) and Tang Wei (NSFC). But I might change my mind once we get closer.

I have no idea what to do with NBR. They’re all over the place and can be hard to predict. They do have a massive bias towards A24 and Warner Bros., so I think Yeoh might win there since she’s A24 bigger contender. But could be Blanchett or Deadwyler tbh.

Cosmia
    Topics:

I don’t see it for Ackie. Yeah, yeah, McCarten, but his past nominees have all been A: legendary actors (Oldman, Hopkins, Pryce) or B: people whose stars were rising incredibly fast (Redmayne, Malek). Ackie is obviously a rising star, but she doesn’t have the same level of helium as Redmayne post-Tony or Malek post-Emmy.

MysticMagix
    Topics:

I see a world where voters find cates film too long and boring.

So they vote for michelle yeoh or ackie or davis.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Labyrinth
    Topics:

Andrew Dominik is a genius ahead of his time. Soon people will apologize to him.

Andrew Dominik is a misogynist who exploited the life of a woman to spew out a horrible movie . He is most certainly not a ‘genius’ and should be cancelled.

Anna Delvey
    Topics:

We’re still talking about Ana de Armas?? Lololololll. Her chances are in the grave that she visited.

Rachel615
    Topics:

Winners predictions

SAG: Michelle Yeoh

I have no clue who will win SAG this year. I’m not disagreeing with you, but why do you think SAG will go to Yeoh, (1 nomination-none as individual- with 0 wins) over Blanchett (17 nominations-9 as individual- with 3 wins—two as individual)?

I think that EEAAO has a much, much stronger chance than Tar for a cast SAG win, but I just don’t know about the SAG lead actress award. And if she is nominated, I wouldn’t rule out Deadwyler for SAG.

Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

I honestly don’t know if Cate will win the precursors…….She might go the same route as Cumberbatch and be the Critics darling but NOT the precursors darling.  I’m hoping Yeoh wins or either Deadwyler if she gets a lot of rave reviews and maybe possibly Davis.

CarlosEdu
    Topics:

I have the trifecta being split this year. I feel like there’s tons of competition and they’ll just go their way. Right now I’m predicting Blanchett (NYFCC), Yeoh (LAFCA) and Tang Wei (NSFC). But I might change my mind once we get closer.

I have no idea what to do with NBR. They’re all over the place and can be hard to predict. They do have a massive bias towards A24 and Warner Bros., so I think Yeoh might win there since she’s A24 bigger contender. But could be Blanchett or Deadwyler tbh.

Your predictions are great and I have the same. I feel LAFCA could go for Blanchett too, especially because they like to award Volpi Cup winners, but Yeoh makes sense. Sometimes NSFC is very unpredictable but here it’s the place where they could give love for foreign movies and perfomances, like last year with Drive My Car, Penelope, Anders, and Decision To Leave is probably the foreign movie that critics is going to eat up and Tang Wei has a big perfomance. NBR could go for some many ways but I would say Deadwyler is winning there, for now.

kamila
    Topics:

I might predict Blanchett for NSFC over Wei, although I really could see them going that way. I just get this feeling NYFCC is going to do something a little surprising this year. In any case, I don’t think the trifecta will feel forced to select Blanchett even if they really like her/TAR, and I can see a world where all of them end up picking someone else and she’s a consistent runner-up.

I have no clue who will win SAG this year. I’m not disagreeing with you, but why do you think SAG will go to Yeoh, (1 nomination-none as individual- with 0 wins) over Blanchett (17 nominations-9 as individual- with 3 wins—two as individual)?

At least for me, SAG has no issues with ignoring the critics favorite to go for the narrative. I don’t think TAR is nearly as difficult for audiences as some have said, but if there’s anywhere Blanchett could run into trouble, it might be the big tent of SAG. I’m also thinking that more voters may actually be seeing films like The Woman King and EEAAO in theaters compared to screeners of TAR, and little things like that on top of narrative would propel Yeoh and Davis forward.

Rachel615
    Topics:

I see a world where voters find cates film too long and boring.

I was listening to a podcast in which 3 pundits/bloggers who had attended a number of festivals this year seemed to agree that critics have reacted much more “rapturously” to Blanchett’s performance than her fellow actors have. It’s a small sample, and I always wonder how much actors talk to most pundits, and even if they DO talk, how honest they are, but nonetheless I was struck by the comments.

roger88
    Topics:

Tar is the new Spencer.

Coming from the delusional stan of Blonde… Surprised you appear till now LOL.

roger88
    Topics:

Ana de Armas had the best performance of the year.

Funny cause Blanchett beat her at Venice.

vinny
    Topics:

Williams going lead,just saw in the predictions center, is VERY intriguing. She has the narrative to surprise

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 553 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.