Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 553 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Anna Delvey
Rachel615
kamila

• ejaru1810
    Topics:

Is Robbie confirmed in Supporting?

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

estrelas
    Topics:

Just watched God’s Creatures. Didn’t really like it and was absolutely bored throughout. With that said, Emily Watson was fantastic. Her talent whew. I’m going to need her to get more high brow and quality roles cause girl can really deliver.

Choice Chayawat
    Topics:

Just watched God’s Country. Didn’t really liked it and was absolutely bored throughout. With that said, Emily Watson was fantastic. Her talent whew. I’m going to need her to get more high brow and quality roles cause girl can really deliver.

You mean Thandiwe Newton in God’s Country? Or actually Emily Watson in God’s Creatures?

estrelas
    Topics:

You mean Thandiwe Newton in God’s Country? Or actually Emily Watson in God’s Creatures?

Pls. I meant God’s Creatures. Thanks.

Topics:

jjjmoss
    Topics:

cate won her first oscar by playing a woman who thought it was okay to cosplay as Chinese.

hopefully she doesn’t get a 3rd by crushing the only hope my people have ever had of a win here.

BigJay2012
    Topics:

Huns, playing herself all the time is Viola Davis not Cate. Always the same voice, mannerisms, face and snot.

That’s it.

Viola Davis is STILL underrated to this day, and people like you refuse to give her props. She just literally played the kind of role she has NEVER EVER played before and you are still saying she is playing herself. She is is literally battling, wielding a sword, and speaking in a thick accent but you are still continuing the narrative that she is playing herself? WOW.

BigJay2012
    Topics:

Huns, playing herself all the time is Viola Davis not Cate. Always the same voice, mannerisms, face and snot.

That’s it.

Viola Davis is STILL underrated to this day, and people like you refuse to give her props. She just literally played the kind of role she has NEVER EVER played before and you are still saying she is playing herself. She is is literally battling, wielding a sword, and speaking in a thick accent but you are still continuing the narrative that she is playing herself? Make it make sense

RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

That forced supporting placement just reeks of desperation I’m sorry. Meanwhile, peers Lawrence and Stone fought and won against heavyweight competition. Robbie not going through this route is perhaps telling of the studio’s confidence about her industry clout and the film as a whole. My predictions so far: 1. Blanchett 2. Deadwyler 3. Williams 4. Yeoh 5. Davis

Stone and J-Law are bigger and more successful stars. Margot Robbie only had 4 successes in her career: 2 movies starring Leo(Way Bigger Star than her) and 2 movies starring Will Smith(Way Bigger Star than her. I think Robbie is The New Alicia Vikander

Topics:

Mladen
    Topics:

That Katherine Hepburn argument about Cate reeks of desperation. The last two days it seems we have got an entire new set of arguments why Blanchett shouldn’t win. Because, at some point, I suppose “she plays unlikeable character” and “movie is inaccessible” stopped working. Only now, it seems we are down the rabbit hole with some opinions.

Blanchett may win. She has a good case for it. She also may lose as other actresses also have great cases for the win. That Oscar is not hers, or Michelle’s or Viola’s or anyone else’s, as for that matter. They need to win it.

Spreading the Love: Oscars 2023
    Best Picture: Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Best Director: Steven Spielberg
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Claire Foy/Jessie Buckley

Hawk
    Topics:

Late to the party with this but Mia Goth was breathtaking in Pearl. Obviously not even remotely in the conversation for any major awards conversation, but she should be. Highly recommend watching Pearl just for her performance alone.

roger88
    Topics:

Won because Julianne Moore is friends with Cate Blanchett.

So I guess the other members right?

How can you be so troll with these stupid type of arguments?

Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Just watched God’s Creatures. Didn’t really like it and was absolutely bored throughout. With that said, Emily Watson was fantastic. Her talent whew. I’m going to need her to get more high brow and quality roles cause girl can really deliver.

I can’t wait to see this, not on the Mescal train at all but it’s about time Watson started getting interesting roles again. Everytime Olivia Colman gets a baity role (twice a year it seems) I can’t help thinking why not Watson for a change? Does she have a chance at BAFTA?

FYC:

Zar Amir Ebrahimi - Holy Spider (Best Actress)
    Ana de Armas, Julianne Nicholson - Blonde (Best Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Samantha Morton - She Said (Best Supporting Actress)
    Kerry Condon - The Banshees of Inisherin (Best Supporting Actress)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 553 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.