Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 553 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Anna Delvey
Rachel615
kamila

• estrelas
    Topics:

I can’t wait to see this, not on the Mescal train at all but it’s about time Watson started getting interesting roles again. Everytime Olivia Colman gets a baity role (twice a year it seems) I can’t help thinking why not Watson for a change? Does she have a chance at BAFTA?

I think she definitely has a shot at making the BAFTA longlist. If she does, I can see the jury picking her, since it’s a very jury friendly performance.

smartypants27
    Topics:

POV: it’s 2023 and everyone is watching the new barbie film with Margot Robbie and she gets her second Oscar 😮

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

POV: it’s 2023 and everyone is watching the new barbie film with Margot Robbie and she gets her second Oscar 😮

🥴

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    2. The Fabelmans
    3. The Banshees of Inisherin
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    6. Top Gun: Maverick
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns it’s obvious

1) Cate Blanchett: The Frontrunner
    2) Deadwyler: The Challenger

3) Williams: Steady third who appears everywhere and doesn’t win anything

4) Yeuh: the narrative contender

5) Colman: the filler

Anna Delvey
    Topics:

Yeuh

Chile, you don’t even try to hide your racism

RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

This is gross and I’m not even a Margot Robbie fan. Why are you reducing her success to her films that have bigger name male leads in them? I, Tonya was made on a measly 10 million dollar budget and made over 50 million. That’s a box office success. She also produced that film. No Leo. No Will needed. She also produced Promising Young Woman. Sure, not a box office success, it came out mid pandemic, but nonetheless, still made a small profit and arguably was one of the best films of the year. Showered with awards all season long. That’s success. It’s led her production company to even more projects since then. She’s a successful actress and producer. No need to diminish her successes by saying only films led with male actors have been successful for her.

Still, her 4 biggest successes were thanks to Leo and Will Smith. She isn’t a box office star like Stone, J-Law, Sandra Bullock or Lady Gaga(she only has 2 movies but those 2 movies did great at the box office

BigJay2012
    Topics:

Huns it’s obvious

1) Cate Blanchett: The Frontrunner
    2) Deadwyler: The Challenger

3) Williams: Steady third who appears everywhere and doesn’t win anything

4) Yeuh: the narrative contender

5) Colman: the filler

Colman as filler? There actually doesn’t have to be filler at all. Viola has the reviews, the film, AND the narrative. Most people wouldn’t consider her filler at all….most people. And we are still waiting on other contenders. Empire of Light didn’t even get as good as reviews as Being the Ricardos. she’s done!

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Huns it’s obvious 1) Cate Blanchett: The Frontrunner 2) Deadwyler: The Challenger 3) Williams: Steady third who appears everywhere and doesn’t win anything 4) Yeuh: the narrative contender 5) Colman: the filler

empire of light ship have sailed let’s not

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Milk Money
    Topics:

There’s still a chance that Williams could be nominated in supporting a la Lakeith Stanfield.

estrelas
    Topics:

Just finished Decision to Leave. Tang Wei better collect her things this season. Girl was absolutely amazing. Whew.

Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

Huns it’s obvious 1) Cate Blanchett: The Frontrunner 2) Deadwyler: The Challenger 3) Williams: Steady third who appears everywhere and doesn’t win anything 4) Yeuh: the narrative contender 5) Colman: the filler

Get some serious help PLEASE!

Yeuh????  It’s Yeoh, asshole!  Colman????  As much as I love her, her ship has sailed and Viola Davis replaces her.  I still don’t think Blanchett is the frontrunner.  I believe she’ll be the critics darling but I really don’t think she’ll win the precursors!

K Olivia
    Topics:

There’s still a chance that Williams could be nominated in supporting a la Lakeith Stanfield.

This! I’m not 100% certain Williams will even be nominated in lead when she’s clearly a supporting character. It could go either way.

And ppl are too quick to discount Colman. She could easily slip in 5th or even 4th place as a name check nominee. Only 3 contenders seem like sure bets so far: Blanchett, Yeoh, & Deadwyler.

Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

Just finished Decision to Leave. Tang Wei better collect her things this season. Girl was absolutely amazing. Whew.

Glad you’ve watched it girl. Prayer circles for an LAFCA/NSFC win for Tang Wei.

jjjmoss
    Topics:

oscar 1: playing an actress who dabbled in Yellowface

oscar 2: directed/written by a known sexual criminal

oscar 3: cosplaying a Wicked Lesbian, as written/directed by a straight man? crushing my people’s first hope ever for a win?

I hope NOT!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 553 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.