Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 553 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Anna Delvey
Rachel615
kamila

• Babylonian
    Topics:

There’s still a chance that Williams could be nominated in supporting a la Lakeith Stanfield.

Wishful thinking. She is being campaigned in lead, and is in a stronger vehicle than Lakeith was. If she gets nominated in lead at all of the relevant precursors then Oscar will follow suit.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Selma Linda
    Topics:

Colman cannot be ruled out because of Searchlight.

Selma Linda
    Topics:

Searchlight made Jessica Chastain win with a movie that was criticized and that no one saw.

Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Just finished Decision to Leave. Tang Wei better collect her things this season. Girl was absolutely amazing. Whew.

Babe, she deserves but we’ll be lucky to have 1 Asian actor in the lineup…I do have her getting in at BAFTA though

FYC:

Zar Amir Ebrahimi - Holy Spider (Best Actress)
    Ana de Armas, Julianne Nicholson - Blonde (Best Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Samantha Morton - She Said (Best Supporting Actress)
    Kerry Condon - The Banshees of Inisherin (Best Supporting Actress)

crabbie
    Topics:

Colman cannot be ruled out because of Searchlight.

Didnt you say the Empire of Light sailed a two days ago

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

snowball
    Topics:

Babe, she deserves but we’ll be lucky to have 1 Asian actor in the lineup…I do have her getting in at BAFTA though

Tang Wei is gonna be the Renate Reinsve of this season.

Escapology
    Topics:

oscar 1: playing an actress who dabbled in Yellowface oscar 2: directed/written by a known sexual criminal oscar 3: cosplaying a Wicked Lesbian, as written/directed by a straight man? crushing my people’s first hope ever for a win? I hope NOT!

Sounds pitiful. At the moment, the leader is Cate Blanchett (and probably will continue to do so). It’s time for you to calm down.

BICTH
    Topics:

Tang’s main priority this season is winning best actress prizes in Korea and establishing herself as a fixture in Korea’s thriving arthouse scene, and she’s well on her way to a sweep. Of course, it’d be nice to see her recognized by western awards bodies, but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

Rosso
    Topics:

I had a hunch Williams can potentially win one Best Actress trifecta a la Arquette in Boyhood. Now that she’s firmly in the lead category, I think she might also steal some critics’ notices.

LAFCA: Michelle Williams in The Fabelmans and Showing Up
    Runner-up: Tang Wei in Decision to Leave
    NSFC: Cate Blanchett in TAR
    Runners-up: Michelle Yeoh in EEAAO and Mia Goth in Pearl/X or Lee Hye-young in In Front of Your Face
    NYFCC: Cate Blanchett in TAR

I think Tang Wei can happen over Hye-young, but NSFC is more out-there in terms of recognizing cinematic work, and I feel Hye-young will Zhao Tao herself to a runner-up notice. Goth is happening one way or another among critics with her back-to-back success, and if MaXXXine happens this year, she can rally even more support.

An edgier pick might also happen in NYFCC but I’m not sure yet who, maybe De Armas in Blonde or Ebrahimi in Holy Spider?

Cosmia
    Topics:

I had a hunch Williams can potentially win one Best Actress trifecta a la Arquette in Boyhood. Now that she’s firmly in the lead category, I think she might also steal some critics’ notices. LAFCA: Michelle Williams in The Fabelmans and Showing Up Runner-up: Tang Wei in Decision to Leave NSFC: Cate Blanchett in TAR Runners-up: Michelle Yeoh in EEAAO and Mia Goth in Pearl/X or Lee Hye-young in In Front of Your Face NYFCC: Cate Blanchett in TAR I think Tang Wei can happen over Hye-young, but NSFC is more out-there in terms of recognizing cinematic work, and I feel Hye-young will Zhao Tao herself to a runner-up notice. Goth is happening one way or another among critics with her back-to-back success, and if MaXXXine happens this year, she can rally even more support. An edgier pick might also happen in NYFCC but I’m not sure yet who, maybe De Armas in Blonde or Ebrahimi in Holy Spider?

Oh christ don’t say that now they’ll never leave

Rosso
    Topics:

Tang’s main priority this season is winning best actress prizes in Korea and establishing herself as a fixture in Korea’s thriving arthouse scene, and she’s well on her way to a sweep. Of course, it’d be nice to see her recognized by western awards bodies, but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

She’s sweeping as we speak. Both Buil and Chunsa rewarded her and Park Hae-il in the leading categories. Hye-young should’ve continued her BA streak though beginning with her Baeksang win earlier this year, but oh well Chan-wook has more clout than Hong so lol.

estrelas
    Topics:

I had a hunch Williams can potentially win one Best Actress trifecta a la Arquette in Boyhood. Now that she’s firmly in the lead category, I think she might also steal some critics’ notices. LAFCA: Michelle Williams in The Fabelmans and Showing Up Runner-up: Tang Wei in Decision to Leave NSFC: Cate Blanchett in TAR Runners-up: Michelle Yeoh in EEAAO and Mia Goth in Pearl/X or Lee Hye-young in In Front of Your Face NYFCC: Cate Blanchett in TAR I think Tang Wei can happen over Hye-young, but NSFC is more out-there in terms of recognizing cinematic work, and I feel Hye-young will Zhao Tao herself to a runner-up notice. Goth is happening one way or another among critics with her back-to-back success, and if MaXXXine happens this year, she can rally even more support. An edgier pick might also happen in NYFCC but I’m not sure yet who, maybe De Armas in Blonde or Ebrahimi in Holy Spider?

Is Showing Up set to come out this year? I can’t find a release date.

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Is Showing Up set to come out this year? I can’t find a release date.

no it’s in 2023

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

NYFCC might go with anamaria vartolomei from happening

kamila
    Topics:

She certainly won’t campaign like Reinsve did

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 553 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.