Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 553 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Anna Delvey
Rachel615
kamila

• Rosso
    Topics:

no it’s in 2023

If that’s the case, I think Williams might get runner-upped instead. Yknow these critics love to reward actresses with a prolific year in terms of film output, and with Showing Up out of the way, there’s less incentive to reward her lol.

Happening can also happen in Actress, tho maybe we’re overthinking it cause Blanchett can potentially sweep for the second time haha.

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

If that’s the case, I think Williams might get runner-upped instead. Yknow these critics love to reward actresses with a prolific year in terms of film output, and with Showing Up out of the way, there’s less incentive to reward her lol. Happening can also happen in Actress, tho maybe we’re overthinking it cause Blanchett can potentially sweep for the second time haha.

LAFCA might go with yeoh

MichelleReign
    Topics:

prolific year

Showing Up is barely in news and besides Fabelman, Williams has been lowkey. If the award circles really choose to award someone who has had a prolific year – it will be Michelle Yeoh! EEAAO, The Witcher prequel, Avatar 2, Minions – Name it and she is everywhere.

Rosso
    Topics:

I believe the trifecta rewards prolific performances in a single year if they are on the cusp of awards contention, with one performance being a main vehicle.

Huppert was able to snag BA wins for Things to Come despite Elle being her main vehicle, same as with Cotillard with 2D1N/The Immigrant; Williams with Manchester/Certain Women; Chastain for pretty much all contending films she had in 2011 lol.

Yeoh will probs win for EEAAO and EEAAO alone. I do believe she would have a stronger showing at the regionals as opposed to the trifecta, but she can probs pull of at least one.

Selma Linda
    Topics:

Didnt you say the Empire of Light sailed a two days ago

You confusing me with someone else, I didn’t rule out Empire of Light and I believe the film can be nominated in both technical and acting categories.

Selma Linda
    Topics:

To be fair, I believe Empire of Light could be the new Nightmare Alley and with the power of Searchlight I can see that happening.

Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Tang Wei is gonna be the Renate Reinsve of this season.

I actually think that slot will go to fellow Cannes winner Zahra Amir Ebrahimi, especially with the current situation in Iran

I’m actually praying/hoping both her and Tang Wei making BAFTA through the jury

FYC:

Zar Amir Ebrahimi - Holy Spider (Best Actress)
    Ana de Armas, Julianne Nicholson - Blonde (Best Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Samantha Morton - She Said (Best Supporting Actress)
    Kerry Condon - The Banshees of Inisherin (Best Supporting Actress)

wolfali
    Topics:

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

likeitsgolden
    Topics:

they look great

Manav
    Topics:

To be fair, I believe Empire of Light could be the new Nightmare Alley and with the power of Searchlight I can see that happening.

Nightmare Alley had stronger notices than Empire Of Light, had the support of the techs and had enough of passionate supporters for it to get nominated.

Norma Jeane
    Topics:

Oh christ don’t say that now they’ll never leave.

I’m still waiting for Kristen Stewart to win the Oscar you said she was going to win.

Anna Delvey
    Topics:

I’m still waiting for Kristen Stewart to win the Oscar you said she was going to win.

At least she was nominated. Ana won’t be able to say the same. 😘

Norma Jeane
    Topics:

At least she was nominated. Ana won’t be able to say the same. 😘

Thank Film Twitter, she probably paid those tasteless people.

Norma Jeane
    Topics:

I want to see the day that Film Twitter will support some minority or foreign actress.

Norma Jeane
    Topics:

Ana De Armas will be at the dolby theater.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 553 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.