Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 553 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Anna Delvey
Rachel615
kamila

• Anna Delvey
    Topics:

Ana De Armas will be at the dolby theater.

… as a presenter.

Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns,

Jennifer Lawrence will take that fifth spot after watching the causeway trailer. She’s back Huns.

likeitsgolden
    Topics:

Huns, Jennifer Lawrence will take that fifth spot after watching the causeway trailer. She’s back Huns.

Taste!

Norma Jeane
    Topics:

Huns,

Jennifer Lawrence will take that fifth spot after watching the causeway trailer. She’s back Huns.

Michelle Yeoh take care..

Cosmia
    Topics:

I’m still waiting for Kristen Stewart to win the Oscar you said she was going to win.

Yeah, and I was wrong – she deserved it, but she didn’t get it. It happens!

If you’re the person I think/assume you are, I know that you’re able to write in full cogent sentences – tell me why you like Blonde/de Armas so much. Not just vague broad “it’s genius, it’s perfect,” what about it works for you?

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

I want to see the day that Film Twitter will support some minority or foreign actress.

Wrong. Film Twitter support People Of Color every minute. In the other hand, The Oscars(95 years of age) is mostly racist

RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Wrong. Film Twitter support People Of Color every minute. In the other hand, The Oscars(95 years of age) is mostly racist

Anyway, Film Twitter don’t have real power in The Oscars. That’s why The Oscars are mostly racist in its 95 years

omkarank
    Topics:

Raves TÁR are getting 😍

K Olivia
    Topics:

I’m seeing TÁR on Monday. Can’t wait!

Julia Morris
    Topics:

Having seen TAR and EEAAO. Cate blows Michelle out of the water performance wise. I love them both but Cate deserves and will win the Oscar hands down. No contest.

Topics:

Heptapod
    Topics:

Lawrence is making predicting this race even harder.

I’m pretty rock solid on her making it in at the Globes given how much they adore her and Apple, and I feel weirdly good about her surprising at BAFTA (they like her and it seems like the kind of performance/film that the jury would go for).

This is definitely up for debate, but to me SAG actually feels more within reach than Critics Choice. While the latter nominated her for Joy and the former didn’t, I think SAG is more likely to respond to a strong push from Apple, especially given how many nominations/wins they’ve racked up in just a couple years and knowing that she could be swept up along with Severance as well.

She’ll be an interesting one to track. I don’t think she’s any lower than sixth or seventh at the moment and definitely has the potential to surge even if her precursor run is spotty. But again, I do think she’s fairly safe at the Globes and is a strong bet at BAFTA.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Topics:

Heptapod
    Topics:

they snubbed her for Winter’s Bone. She didn’t win there for SLP.  They didn’t like Joy (I don’t blame them, who did?) I wouldn’t count her in at BAFTA at all.

This is a whole new voting system, though. Nominees aren’t being picked the same way they were when she was snubbed for Winter’s Bone and Joy. I agree that she wouldn’t get in for the old system, and she won’t be one of the top two vote-getters (that’ll be Blanchett and Yeoh), but she seems like very much like a Thompson-esque jury pick. The new BAFTA jury responds much more strongly to the quiet indies than the other organizations.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 553 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.