Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 553 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Anna Delvey
Rachel615
kamila

• oscarin7
    Topics:

Darling, I’m probably going take some time off from this forum to focus on my thesis lol. Also, I’m not going to follow this race anymore until the nominations morning for the shock factor. Here I’m posting my October predictions: Bye darling (nobody going to miss me anyway lol) Sorry If I ever offend anyone here.

This lineup though. 💕

Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Darling, I’m probably going take some time off from this forum to focus on my thesis lol. Also, I’m not going to follow this race anymore until the nominations morning for the shock factor. Here I’m posting my October predictions: Bye darling (nobody going to miss me anyway lol) Sorry If I ever offend anyone here.

Babe, don’t leave, your sanity is needed here! Anyway good luck with your studies 😘

FYC:

Zar Amir Ebrahimi - Holy Spider (Best Actress)
    Ana de Armas, Julianne Nicholson - Blonde (Best Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Samantha Morton - She Said (Best Supporting Actress)
    Kerry Condon - The Banshees of Inisherin (Best Supporting Actress)

Lydia 3rd Oscar TAR
    Topics:

When Blanchett gets her 8th nomination she will be the 4th actress in ranking:

Streep 21 noms 3 wins
    Hepburn 12 noms 4 wins
    Davis 10 noms 2 wins

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: The Way of The Wind
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: TAR
    Best Actor: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actress: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actor: Poor Things

Lydia 3rd Oscar TAR
    Topics:

Darling, I’m probably going take some time off from this forum to focus on my thesis lol. Also, I’m not going to follow this race anymore until the nominations morning for the shock factor. Here I’m posting my October predictions:

Bye darling (nobody going to miss me anyway lol)
    Sorry If I ever offend anyone here.

Oh no! I am gonna miss you! And good luck with your STUDies 🙂

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: The Way of The Wind
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: TAR
    Best Actor: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actress: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actor: Poor Things

GD
    Topics:

When Blanchett gets her 8th nomination she will be the 4th actress in ranking: Streep 21 noms 3 wins Hepburn 12 noms 4 wins Davis 10 noms 2 wins

Kate Winslet needs to join them asap

Kins_le
    Topics:

Meloni in Italy, Orban in Hungary, Morawiekci in Poland and the two strongest of all- Bolsonaro in Brazil and Modi in India. The right wing is becoming powerful. Orban is not going away soon, neither is Morawiecki. Bolsonaro may lose this time but Modi is definitely winning again.

Manav
    Topics:

Kate Winslet needs to join them asap

Bonehead
    Topics:

That must be the new Andy Samberg movie

Manav
    Topics:

That must be the new Andy Samberg movie

Yeah it is although it’s weird to call it an Andy Samberg film when Marion Cotillard, Jude Law, Josh O’Connor and Andrea Riseborough also star in it in addition to Kate Winslet. Baity film based on a real life person. I’m keen to see how will something like Film Twitter receive it considering it’s both an Oscar bait biopic on one side but a really complex story of a trailblazing woman on the other side.

wallflower
    Topics:

Meloni in Italy, Orban in Hungary, Morawiekci in Poland and the two strongest of all- Bolsonaro in Brazil and Modi in India. The right wing is becoming powerful. Orban is not going away soon, neither is Morawiecki. Bolsonaro may lose this time but Modi is definitely winning again.

??

MysticMagix
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”>

When Blanchett gets her 8th nomination she will be the 4th actress in ranking: Streep 21 noms 3 wins Hepburn 12 noms 4 wins Davis 10 noms 2 wins

</p>

Everytime i see how many noms streep has …it annoys me. Lbr, that took so many other actresses spots and contributed to actress of color missing out on a nom. 21?? Thats outrageous

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Harmen Moes
    Topics:

What app did you make this in?

Rachel615
    Topics:

When Blanchett gets her 8th nomination she will be the 4th actress in ranking:

Streep 21 noms 3 wins
    Hepburn 12 noms 4 wins
    Davis 10 noms 2 wins

In number of nominations she’ll be tied with Judi Dench, Geraldine Page and Glenn Close, but she’ll be the only actress with 8 nominations who has 2 wins.

In terms of overall rankings, I still think of actresses with 3 wins such as Ingrid Bergman (who had “only” 7 nominations) and Frances McDormand (who has 6 nominations), as being “ahead” of her but I also think a third win for Cate, even if not attained this year, is almost inevitable, and an eventual fourth win certainly wouldn’t surprise me.

Kins_le
    Topics:

??

Right wing governments won’t gel well with Biden and Macron

jjjmoss
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”> </p> Everytime i see how many noms streep has …it annoys me. Lbr, that took so many other actresses spots and contributed to actress of color missing out on a nom. 21?? Thats outrageous

let us investigate this complaint for who was likely in contention. for lead:

1981 sally field

1982 diane keaton

1983 anne bancroft

1985 kathleen turner

1987 rachel chagall

1988 shirley maclaine

1990 mia farrow

1995 nicole kidman

1998 jane horrocks

1999 sigourney weaver

2006 maggie gyllenhaal

2008 kate winslet for rev road but since that wasn’t possible…kristin scott thomas

2009 emily blunt

2011 tilda swinton

2013 emma thompson

2016 amy adams

2017 judi dench

Not seeing a ton of POC as you claim.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 553 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.