Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 1)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 509 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Setia_Yasmine..
kbc
Go Yeoh!
  • Profile picture
    CarlosEdu
    Topics:

I think depend how Cannes will goes. In this moment, I’m predicting Park Chan-wook to be the foreign director nominate this year because DTL seems strong to win Palme D’or but it’s very early to know.

Broker could be that too but don’t know if Koreeda will have a big momentum yet, I could see Song Kang-Ho winning Best Actor and being the strongest thing from the movie in awards season.

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

I think it’s going to be harder for animated films to get in without big box office. I have more faith in Lightyear‘s chances since it looks like Disney is going big on it.

toy story 3 had a big box office ?

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

For those not predicting a Warner Bros film in Picture, i.e. The Batman, Don’t Worry Darling, or Elvis, can you explain why? Because it seems pretty clear that one of them will get in given WB’s track record

Emmys FYC:

Comedy Series - Abbott Elementary, Atlanta, Barry, The Great, Hacks, Only Murders in the Building, Reservation Dogs, Ted Lasso, What We Do in the Shadows

Drama Series - Better Call Saul, Ozark, Pachinko, Severance, Squid Game, Stranger Things, Succession, This Is Us, Yellowjackets

Limited Series - Station Eleven

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Best Picture:
    Empire of Light
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Babylon
    The Fabelmans
    She said
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    Next Goal Wins
    The son
    White Noise
    Women Talking (winner )

Best Director :

Steven Spielberg

Sarah Polley

martin scorsese

Hirokazu Koreeda

Damian Chazelle

Profile picture
    samy.chrr
    Topics:

For those not predicting a Warner Bros film in Picture, i.e. The Batman, Don’t Worry Darling, or Elvis, can you explain why? Because it seems pretty clear that one of them will get in given WB’s track record

Rn I’m predicting Don’t Worry Darling. It may have more appeal than other horror movies because it’s a psychological thriller tackling social issues, and Olivia Wilde is an up-and-coming director that has goodwill from her last project (Booksmart).

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Elvis seems like an acting vehicle unless it’s like king richard or bohemian rhasoby

don’t worry my darling seems divisive but it could be another promising young woman

Batman can get it maybe

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

toy story 3 had a big box office ?

girl… it was the highest grossing movie of 2010 (at least domestically)

so no it didn’t have big box office, it had gigantic box office

Emmys FYC:

Comedy Series - Abbott Elementary, Atlanta, Barry, The Great, Hacks, Only Murders in the Building, Reservation Dogs, Ted Lasso, What We Do in the Shadows

Drama Series - Better Call Saul, Ozark, Pachinko, Severance, Squid Game, Stranger Things, Succession, This Is Us, Yellowjackets

Limited Series - Station Eleven

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

girl… it was the highest grossing movie of 2010 (at least domestically) so no it didn’t have big box office, it had gigantic box office

i am not american so i don’t know lmao i watch movies on streaming sites

so wonder king speech won it was also a big office hit

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

If forced to pick BP and BD now I’d go with Spielberg, based on his momentum and an Oscar friendly “autobiography”. Semi or otherwise.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

If forced to pick BP and BD now I’d go with Spielberg, based on his momentum and an Oscar friendly “autobiography”. Semi or otherwise.

yep and kushner is overdue yep plus it would be cool to see spielberg winning screenplay

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Nobody:

Every famous directors since Roma:

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Tang Wei, Decision To Leave
    Rebecca Hall, Resurrection

James Hong & Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Nobody: Every famous directors since Roma:

he could win best director since cuaron did that lmao but i have scoresese for now

i have him winning screenplay

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I know how most users here feel about Jordan Ruimy and that he’s not very reliable, but I was surprised he didn’t include White Noise in his line of BP contenders, and he had this to say:

I have very high hopes for Noah Baumbach’s “White Noise,” an adaptation of Don DeLillo’s novel which has long been said as “impossible to film.” A plotless postmodernist exploration of death, consumerism, and suburban malaise is not something a group of voters that awarded “CODA” their top prize this year will be too keen on voting for.

Thoughts?

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/4/3dktyjhryd1qrwknc3s8m829r0570c

Profile picture
    Ykos
    Topics:

Why is no one talking about The Northman and Robert Eggers? This is the best film work in years

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.