Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 12)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 434 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
TrumpBiden
federico ruba..
babypook

• NevadaR
    Topics:

What I know for sure is that EEAAO is not winning 6 Oscars like this site is predicting. Even Editing, people? When it couldn’t get Sound?

ReplyCopy URL

babypook
    Topics:

I could see Adapted potentially being very split. I’m curious about how Living does in Adapted at BAFTA. Kazuo Ishiguro is campaigning a lot and he could peel off votes too.

After months of hemming and hawing I put Living at the top.
    Nobel Laureate
    Exquisite sp
    Great perfs
    Tradition
    Emotional
    My own, personal bias.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

ReplyCopy URL

String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

After months of hemming and hawing I put Living at the top. Nobel Laureate Exquisite sp Great perfs Tradition Emotional My own, personal bias.

Plus, living legend, a real literary superstar. When was the last time such a renowned author won screenplay?

Here for the comedies

ReplyCopy URL

MichelleReign
    Topics:

What I know for sure is that EEAAO is not winning 6 Oscars like this site is predicting. Even Editing, people? When it couldn’t get Sound?

Duh

Ofcourse people are hopedicting. Real predications will surface only after SAG

ReplyCopy URL

JV
    Topics:

Really doubt Babylon will win 2 of the 3 categories it got nominated for, especially categories that are heavily influenced by BP nominees. I think Elvis or All Quiet will take Production Design and something else wins Score.

ReplyCopy URL

KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

The idea of Babylon winning two Oscars seems absurd to me. People are still overrating that flop.

ReplyCopy URL

Cabiria
    Topics:

Really doubt Babylon will win 2 of the 3 categories it got nominated for, especially categories that are heavily influenced by BP nominees. I think Elvis or All Quiet will take Production Design and something else wins Score.

Babylon deserves to win Score and it’ll be a shame if something else takes its place just because Babylon is not well-recieved as a film overall.

2023:
    "TAR", "Banshees","Batman"

ReplyCopy URL

Rubeus
    Topics:

I loved EEAAO but I doubt it’s winning more than 3 or at most 4. In particular, I think between directing and screenplay it will take home only one, because otherwise that would mean probably both Fabelmans and Banshees go empty-handed and I just don’t see that scenario.

Editing is also most likely not happening; that one is almost always tied to sound and Top Gun is winning that.

ReplyCopy URL

Bonehead
    Topics:

What I know for sure is that EEAAO is not winning 6 Oscars like this site is predicting.

You’re right. It won’t win 6. It will win even more!

#EEAAOSWEEP

ReplyCopy URL

m844
    Topics:

Darling, EEAAO, if it wins Best Picture, will likely win a max of 4 Oscars unless if something is dramatically changing in terms of Oscars performances.

As Babylon is not a BP nominee, I think it will probably not win either Score (where Justin Hurwitz already lost at CC) or Production Design unless if it’s a sweeper everywhere. It will likely go to a BP nominee.

I do not believe Living will win Adapted Screenplay unless if it wins a minimum of BAFTA. I do believe that a Best Picture winner will win both Screenplay awards, as usual. I would pick Women Talking tentatively because Polley already won Critics Choice and it sneaked into BP, but it’s weak with only 2 nominations.

I would watch out for AQOTWF or TGM as they made BP, but they don’t usually award war/military films in the screenplay category. I don’t think they care about awarding famous people necessarily, they care about voting for their favorite films.

ReplyCopy URL

DanC
    Topics:

I’m thinking about the likelihoods of EEAAO in each category.

Director / Screenplay: Certainly possible. Although AMPAS could go for Fabelmans or Banshees if they want to spread the wealth.

Actress: Not the frontrunner but far from impossible, especially if Yeoh wins SAG.

Supporting Actor: Winning

Supporting Actress: Bassett’s the frontrunner and Condon’s the wildcard.

Editing: Would be unprecedented with that sound snub but the quality speaks for itself.

Costume Design: Could pull an Ex Machina in this category.

Score / song: The nomination is the win although if Babylon doesn’t win score, there’s a slim chance for it if EEAAO sweeps.

ReplyCopy URL

Brayfers
    Topics:

EEAAO Possible Wins ranked in Likelihood:

1. Supporting Actor
    2. Director
    3. Picture
    4. Original Screenplay
    5. Actress
    6. Original Score
    7. Original Song
    8. Supporting Actress
    9. Film Editing
    10. Costume Design

It’s winning package just needs to be a 2/3 of Director, Supporting Actor, and Screenplay

Letterboxd: Brayfers

FYC (Film):
    - Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan, and Stephanie Hsu - Everything Everywhere All At Once
    - Colin Farrell, Kerry Condon, and Barry Keoghan - The Banshees of Inisherin
    - Angela Bassett - Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
    - Danielle Deadwyler - Till

FYC (TV):
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Abbott Elementary
    - House of the Dragon
    - The White Lotus

ReplyCopy URL

xohours
    Topics:

reckon Maverick still takes the Editing+Sound package in the end

ReplyCopy URL

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Is banshees pulling a father ? I can see it winning actor and screenplay

ReplyCopy URL

babypook
    Topics:

Is banshees pulling a father ? I can see it winning actor and screenplay

That would be nice. I’m beginning to fear the film may be blanked, and it’s one of my favorites .

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.