Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 5)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 497 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Setia_Yasmine..
kamila
Bonehead

• Selma Linda
    Topics:

Selma Linda
    Topics:

White Noise is getting rave reviews.

crabbie
    Topics:

In 2018, the Best Picture frontrunner, Roma fell to Green Book.

In 2019, it went from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood to The Irishman to 1917 to Parasite

In 2020, it went from Mank to Trial of Chicago 7 to Nomadland

In 2021, it went from Belfast to The Power of the Dog to CODA

The Fablemans is bound to repeat history as bearing the frontrunner curse and being the big film helmed by a previous Oscar winner. I don’t know what’s going to win Best Picture, but it certainly won’t be The Fablemans.

Part of the reason why CODA picked up so much steam was from the ensemble winning at SAG, which turned the tides immediately in getting the industry on board to reward a film that shines light on the DEAF community. Likewise, the win for Parasite shined light on poverty communities in South Korea and the world in general. Nomadland didn’t win SAG since it didn’t have a proper ensemble, but the film also shines light on the poor socio-economic conditions of Americans experiencing the burdens of the nation-wide housing crisis. Not sure what The Fablemans touches light on besides the “magic of cinema”. Women Talking and Everything Everywhere All At Once seems to be the only films that are win-competitive and shares social commentary   on marginalized groups. The former speaks on the cruel abusive actions men have been enforcing on women and the latter discusses generational trauma in Asian-American communities.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

Frank2803
    Topics:

Frontrunners: Glass Onion Women Talking The Fabelmans The Banshees of Inisherin Next in Line: EEAAO The Woman King Tar Living Second Tier: She Said Avatar 2 Top Gun: Maverick Black Panter: Wakanda Forever Decision to Leave Triangle of Madness The Menu All Quiet On The Western Front TILL The Whale Bardo

Glass onion lol

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

NYFF audiances loved white noise more than venice i think it could pull a Nightmare alley plus adapted is a wasteland and Driver could get in

Bonehead
    Topics:

I suspected that White Noise would play better to American audiences

With its New Year’s release date and Oscar voting starting shortly after on the 12th, it still has a decent shot at being nominated for Picture

DanC
    Topics:

White Noise rn:

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

i tthink it might get a don’t look up haul score + song + adapted screenplay and if Driver gets pushed by bafta and GG he can get in

JV
    Topics:

I got back those odds on it on Picture and Driver even though I don’t think it will get in (which means it will get in now). Still a weird movie likely.

The following movies seem “safe” in Picture: The Banshees of Inisherin, The Fabelmans, Everything Everywhere All At Once, Babylon, TAR and Top Gun: Maverick

Assuming those are getting in, there are only four slots left.

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

I got back those odds on it on Picture and Driver even though I don’t think it will get in (which means it will get in now). Still a weird movie likely. The following movies seem “safe” in Picture: The Banshees of Inisherin, The Fabelmans, Everything Everywhere All At Once, Babylon, TAR and Top Gun: Maverick Assuming those are getting in, there are only four slots left.

Women Talking?

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    2. The Fabelmans
    3. The Banshees of Inisherin
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    6. Top Gun: Maverick
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Topics:

federico rubachin
    Topics:

I got back those odds on it on Picture and Driver even though I don’t think it will get in (which means it will get in now). Still a weird movie likely. The following movies seem “safe” in Picture: The Banshees of Inisherin, The Fabelmans, Everything Everywhere All At Once, Babylon, TAR and Top Gun: Maverick Assuming those are getting in, there are only four slots left.

that’s a pretty weird thing to say. If nominees were 5 instead of 10, well maybe could be a small chance women talking could not be nominated. But with 10 slots?. Not even sasha stone says something that level

Topics:

alittle03
    Topics:

Picture:

1. The Fabelmans
    2. Everything Everywhere All at Once
    3. Women Talking
    4. The Banshees of Inisherin
    5. Top Gun: Maverick
    6. Tár
    7. Babylon
    8. The Whale
    9. The Woman King
    10. She Said

11. Avatar: The Way of Water
    12. Elvis
    13. Triangle of Sadness
    14. Avatar: The Way of the Water
    15. Decision to Leave
    16. All Quiet on the Western Front
    17. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
    18. Bardo
    19. Bones & All
    20. Empire of Light

Director:

1. Steven Spielberg, The Fabelmans
    2. Damien Chazelle, Babylon
    3. Daniels, Everything Everywhere All at Once
    4. Todd Field, Tár
    5. Sarah Polley, Women Talking

6. James Cameron, Avatar: The Way of Water
    7. Park Chan-wook, Decision to Leave
    8. Martin McDonagh, The Banshees of Inisherin
    9. Ruben Ostlund, Triangle of Sadness
    10. Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Bardo

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.