Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 5)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 497 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Setia_Yasmine..
kamila
Bonehead

• JV
    Topics:

DGA predictions:
    James Cameron – Avatar: The Way of Water (misses at the Oscars)
    Damien Chazelle – Babylon
    Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert – Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Sarah Polley – Women Talking
    Steven Spielberg – The Fabelmans

National Board of Review: Steven Spielberg
    New York Film Critics: Todd Field
    Los Angeles Film Critics: Park Chan Wook
    National Society of Film Critics: Laura Poitras – All the Beauty and the Bloodshed

Golden Globes
    James Cameron – Avatar: The Way of Water
    Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert – Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Gina Prince Bythewood – The Woman King
    Sarah Polley – Women Talking
    Steven Spielberg – The Fabelmans

xohours
    Topics:

Top Gun can win BP tho the road is extremely narrow & slim for it compared to the frontrunners despite unorthodox stans still having the nerve to shut it out when its the only film alongside EEAAO to have survived the festival fests

ejaru1810
    Topics:

Golden Globes
    -James Cameron, Avatar: The Way of Water
    -Damian Chazelle, Babylon
    -Steven Spielberg, The Fabelmans
    -Todd Field, TÁR
    -Sarah Polley, Woman Talking

Critics’ Choice
    -James Cameron, Avatar: The Way of Water
    -Daniel Kwan & Daniel Scheinert, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    -Todd Field, TÁR

DGA
    -Daniel Kwan & Daniel Scheinert, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    -Todd Field, TÁR

OSCAR
    -Martin McDonagh, The Banshees of Inisherin
    -Todd Field, TÁR

estrelas
    Topics:

BAFTA -Damian Chazelle, Babylon -Martin McDonagh, The Banshees of Inisherin -Park Chan-wook, Decisions to Leave -Steven Spielberg, The Fabelmans -Todd Field, TÁR -Sarah Polley, Woman Talking

This feels way too safe for a BAFTA lineup.

lorelei lor
    Topics:

BAFTA won’t nominate 5 men and just 1 woman.

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

I dunno if Saint Omer is gonna release over there this year, but if it does I’d think Alice Diop would have a good chance at BAFTA. Also, Laura Poitras for All the Beauty and the Bloodshed.

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    2. The Fabelmans
    3. The Banshees of Inisherin
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    6. Top Gun: Maverick
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

ejaru1810
    Topics:

This feels way too safe for a BAFTA lineup.

Yeah, just realized that for the last 2 years they only nominated 3 out of 5 Oscar nominees each year. So yeah, won’t do BAFTA for a while haha

JV
    Topics:

The Daniels are not missing any award.

kamila
    Topics:

TAR is going to be nominated, come on now. It placed in the top 2 of Telluride Audience polls and Top Gun is NOT going to win Best Picture in spite of the stans pushing it.

Having seen TAR last night, I think it’s being underestimated as a well rounded player, especially below the line. The sound, cinematography, and editing are all nomination worthy. If people think those categories are going to be overrun by blockbusters, they must not be paying attention to how BTL fields have shaken out in the last 10 years.

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Having seen TAR last night, I think it’s being underestimated as a well rounded player, especially below the line. The sound, cinematography, and editing are all nomination worthy. If people think those categories are going to be overrun by blockbusters, they must not be paying attention to how BTL fields have shaken out in the last 10 years.

i have seen people predicting 4 or 5 blockbusters in picture and not predicting tar and women talking there

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

I think only Top Gun: Maverick, Inisherin, Fabelmans and Everything Everywhere can win here, at this stage… babylon is probably gonna flop at the box office and even without that, I can’t imagine Chazelle winning Director twice so soon, even if I’m fully anticipating it to be one of the best of the year… If Tarantino couldn’t win for his Hollywood opus, then I don’t think Chazelle stands that much of a chance. TAR isn’t a movie that’ll appeal to general audiences. Like Power Of The Dog, but to the nth degree. I’m not even certain it’ll get nominated. Women Talking isn’t gonna happen either. The direction seems to be too insular. And I don’t think the Oscars are gonna give it to a film that sounds this maudlin. Nearly all best picture winners are films that are somewhat crowd pleasing. And the ones that aren’t are usually exceptionally well directed and have great cinematography… Women Talking, it doesn’t sound like it’s the case with this one.

lmao tar will get nominated lol it is more accessible than TPOTD and roma let’s not

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

I really don’t get the TÁR doubt. People have tried with reasonings of too cold, heady etc. but AMPAS does like these super critically acclaimed high brow-leaning pieces a lot. They have a hard time winning Best Picture, but they will always receive plenty of nomination, The Power of the Dog last year being the obvious example. This Academy also nominated Drive My Car and Nightmare Alley over Tick, Tick…BOOM and Being the Ricardos, they will obviously go for TÁR too c’mon. Most compelling suggestion I’ve heard is that it’s Carol/Foxcatcher type of deal but those movies would’ve gotten nominated in the full lineup of 10.

exactly it’s not that cold it placed top 2 at telluride and is more straightforwaded

MichelleReign
    Topics:

more accessible than TPOTD

Have you seen the film because I will like to know this? Is it more accessible compared to the POTD, Roma, and slow auteur films?

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Have you seen the film because I will like to know this? Is it more accessible compared to the POTD, Roma, and slow auteur films?

yes i have seen it it’s more accesible than TPOTD , mank and roma

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Yeah, just realized that for the last 2 years they only nominated 3 out of 5 Oscar nominees each year. So yeah, won’t do BAFTA for a while haha

alice diop might have a chance there

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.