Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 5)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 126 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
10 mins ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel615
Bonehead
Jacob "Oscar ..
  • Profile picture
    Bonehead
    Topics:

Only three duos have ever been nominated for best director.

Jerome Robbins and Robert Wise for West Side Story
    Warren Beatty and Buck Henry for Heaven Can Wait 
    And Joel Coen and Ethan Coen multiple times

I’m hoping that The Daniels will be the fourth.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Everyone is dismissing it but I think we will have 2 blockbusters in the lineup.

SO many movies flopping. I think Top Gun 2 is one.

Avatar 2 or BP2? That’s the question.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

leaning towards Maverick & Avatar 2 b/c the latter also has a chance in Director (never count out Cameron)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

At this point I’m not sure if Top Gun Maverick could be replaced by any other blockbuster. If Avatar 2 or Black Panther 2 are strong, they should be able to knock out another film floating around 10th place. Maverick represents everything a lot of traditional voters have been wanting to go back to as far as what big-budget, successful blockbusters should look like: classic movie stars, practical effects over CGI, and non-Marvel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Uri Urusha
    Topics:

James cameron has 21 oscar from only 7 films he directed .its always funny to me when people don’t even include him in predictions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nobdrums
    Topics:

does anyone here think All Quiet on the Western Front (2022) could be nominated for best picture?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Uri Urusha
    Topics:

does anyone here think All Quiet on the Western Front (2022) could be nominated for best picture?

Well it should get nominated for something. Either in foreign or best picture. I read the novel when i 13.because its acclaim as literally peice was such that it even reached silly little me.if the movie is half as good as the novel,then it should get nominated

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

I’ve got it in. Netflix backing and they love them a war film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

At this point I’m not sure if Top Gun Maverick could be replaced by any other blockbuster. If Avatar 2 or Black Panther 2 are strong, they should be able to knock out another film floating around 10th place. Maverick represents everything a lot of traditional voters have been wanting to go back to as far as what big-budget, successful blockbusters should look like: classic movie stars, practical effects over CGI, and non-Marvel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I have eight films on my early guesses list for BP:

Babylon
    The Banshees of Inisherin
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    The Fabelmans
    TAR
    Till
    The Woman King
    Women Talking

Empire of Light and The Son are getting fairly dreadful reviews. I want to see how the foreign films (particularly Broker and Decision to Leave) fare with the critics prizes and the English language Cannes winner Triangle of Sadness.

I personally love George Miller’s Three Thousand Years of Longing but the reviews aren’t strong enough for it. Tilda Swinton and Idris Elba give superb performances but I don’t think they will make it during this awards season.

Best Director:

Damien Chazelle, Babylon
    Daniels, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Todd Field, TAR
    Sarah Polley, Women Talking
    Steven Spielberg, The Fabelmans

Not sure yet about Martin McDonagh and Till and The Woman King might get in too. The foreign film slot: will it be filled this year? There has been a fair consistency to a foreign film director making it in lately…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

I have eight films on my early guesses list for BP: Avatar: The Way Of Water Babylon The Banshees of Inisherin Everything Everywhere All At Once The Fabelmans TAR Till The Woman King Women Talking Empire of Light and The Son are getting fairly dreadful reviews. I want to see how the foreign films (particularly Broker and Decision to Leave) fare with the critics prizes and the English language Cannes winner Triangle of Sadness. I personally love George Miller’s Three Thousand Years of Longing but the reviews aren’t strong enough for it. Tilda Swinton and Idris Elba give superb performances but I don’t think they will make it during this awards season. Best Director: Damien Chazelle, Babylon Daniels, Everything Everywhere All At Once Todd Field, TAR Sarah Polley, Women Talking Steven Spielberg, The Fabelmans Not sure yet about Martin McDonagh and Till and The Woman King might get in too. The foreign film slot: will it be filled this year? There has been a fair consistency to a foreign film director making it in lately…

Omitting Maverick at this point is dumb. It’s a lock to be nominated.

Grammys FYC:

"Glimpse of Us" - Joji

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I’m wondering if Netflix doesn’t end up focusing mostly on del Toro’s Pinocchio. It could at least have a shot at Best Animated Feature, whereas these other movies don’t seem to have any chance at winning anything.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jake422
    Topics:

I’m sorry y’all if I offended anyone at anytime. I just recently got a message that truly rattled me Didn’t know where to publicly say sorry but Best Pic. I first and foremost apologized to them, and now apologize to the rest. Will stick to predicting solo going forward. Sorry for being overbearing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Uri Urusha
    Topics:

I’m sorry y’all if I offended anyone at anytime. I just recently got a message that truly rattled me Didn’t know where to publicly say sorry but Best Pic. I first and foremost apologized to them, and now apologize to the rest. Will stick to predicting solo going forward. Sorry for being overbearing.

What?is jim winning again ?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BurgerFriesSoda
    Topics:

As much as the Academy has recognized inspired foreign films in the director category, I’ve seriously started to consider Todd Field getting in this year for that “spot”.

I’m getting similar vibes to Bennett Miller’s director nod for Foxcatcher back in 2014. Maybe TAR will actually crack Picture, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t and Field still got into Director.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.