Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 256 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
8 mins ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
RIDLEY SCOTT
Bonehead
Jax

• Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 7 is now open.

lorelei lor
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL

xohours
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL

Anna Delvey
    Topics:

Viola Davis GIF by Sony Pictures - Find & Share on GIPHY

ReplyCopy URL

Qoslca
    Topics:

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.” 🎥

ReplyCopy URL

Babylonian
    Topics:

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

ReplyCopy URL

JV
    Topics:

SAG Ensemble predix
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    The Fabelmans
    The Woman King
    Women Talking

Struggling with the 5th slot.
    Glass Onion: The first one didn’t get in, but this one has Netflix and SAG usually nominates Netflix movies in this category.

Babylon: On paper, should be a nominee, but I wonder if it will have late screeners issues.

The Banshees of Inisherin: I don’t see this getting nominated. Too weird, too “unamerican”, the ensemble is small.

She Said: On paper, should also be a nominee, but buzz has been low for this one.

Top Gun: Maverick and The Whale are too low in the odds in my opinion. The former is a populist pick and the latter apparently is actors catnip (could potentially end up with two acting winners), but I still have doubts about how audience in general will react to the movie.

Not even thinking Woman King is guaranteed, despite Viola’s power.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

Top Gun: Maverick and The Whale are too low in the odds in my opinion. The former is a populist pick and the latter apparently is actors catnip (could potentially end up with two acting winners), but I still have doubts about how audience in general will react to the movie.

I’m in a dilemma over Maverick at SAG because it’s populist catnip that on paper feels like an easy nominee but at the same time I don’t know if the committee will take it seriously at all. Bohemian Rhapsody had an awards sweeping central performance (and was a biopic) and both Black Panther and Crazy Rich Asians were milestones in representation (and the work of the ensemble on both films was generally well received). I guess whether Maverick gets in depends on if Cruise ends up slipping into the actor race there.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

xohours
    Topics:

SAG would definitely be the type of body to nominate Cruise, the only precursor i see him missing is BAFTA

ReplyCopy URL

MichelleReign
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL

blackwidow12
    Topics:

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask but how do you post Photos here? I’ve been trying to post one on this thread but I’m just not able to 🥲

ReplyCopy URL

moonshineandmollyxo
    Topics:

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask but how do you post Photos here? I’ve been trying to post one on this thread but I’m just not able to

At the very end of the toolbar in your textbox there should be the emoticon for picture and you can attach a file to it or enter an online link. Do you see it? 🙂

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever had a 64% drop in its second weekend. We will see about Thanksgiving weekend but its not the box office force that many anticipated. Obviously, it is not doing badly! It’s solid. But Disney/Marvel always wants bigger and better. With the reviews and cinemascore and box office being lower than the first one….

I think it misses the Oscars Top 10.

ReplyCopy URL

Rachel615
    Topics:

SAG would definitely be the type of body to nominate Cruise, the only precursor i see him missing is BAFTA

Why do you say that? Cruise hasn’t been nominated for a SAG award for 22 years, he’s never won one, and he’s been nominated for a SAG award “only” three times- individually for Magnolia and Jerry Maguire, and as as part of the Magnolia ensemble. It’s not as though this is a transformative performance for him.

ReplyCopy URL

xohours
    Topics:

oof, WF OUT!

ReplyCopy URL

blackwidow12
    Topics:

At the very end of the toolbar in your textbox there should be the emoticon for picture and you can attach a file to it or enter an online link. Do you see it?

Thank you so much for replying! I still can’t seem to upload though, maybe it’s my laptop’s problem.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 256 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.