Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
federico ruba..
TrumpBiden
Rachel615

• Bonehead
    Topics:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
    Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
    Top Gun: Maverick

How many of the four do you think will make the Picture lineup?
    What’s the order of likelihood?

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Bonehead
    Topics:

I don’t think Knives Out is getting in. This first one didn’t, I’ve heard from many that the follow up isn’t as strong. You never know with Netflix, especially since this isn’t a strong year for them, they may go all in on this, but I’m still not buying it.

One thing to consider is that Glass Onion will likely be #1 on Netflix all through the voting period.

kamila
    Topics:

There are some rumblings that Glass Onion could get a re-release in theaters, which would not only be good for its chances but may put it into competition with some of the December releases.

Topics:

Bonehead
    Topics:

I am also considering the what if of what if’s. What if Avatar 2 flops critic wise, not even flops, but let’s say low 60s. Do you think it still makes it in even if it’s a monster at the Box Office?

“There’s two things I’ve learned during my time in the entertainment industry. #1. Don’t piss off Kim Masters and #2. Don’t underestimate James Cameron. Those are the two rules in Hollywood.” – Jeff Sneider

It’s possible that Avatar 2 flops critically and at the domestic box office. However, I think the international support for the film is going to be colossal, which would still keep it in the conversation.

Topics:

Topics:

abelfenty
    Topics:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
    Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
    Top Gun: Maverick

How many of the four do you think will make the Picture lineup?
    What’s the order of likelihood?

I think they’ll all make it except Black Panther.

I don’t understand why people are underestimating Glass Onion. It’s going to be a DLU-level monster hit on Netflix and it has great reviews too.

Bonehead
    Topics:

What’s the international pick though? I can’t decide and there’s 10 slots. You’d figure an international film will show up.

Decision to Leave and All Quiet on the Western Front, with the possibility of RRR showing up if it gets a substantial critics push.

I was big on All Quiet on the Western Front, but the buzz died rather quickly on it. I have Park Chan-wook in my director lineup, but I feel doubtful that there’s enough broad support for Decision to Leave from the other branches for it to make the picture lineup.

Topics:

Topics:

Bonehead
    Topics:

I think they’ll all make it except Black Panther.

Ok, let me ask another question:

Between Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, The Woman King, and Till, which has the best chance at a Best Picture nomination?

pedrohf2001
    Topics:

If there is justice in this world, The Menu should be nominated for Best Picture and it pisses me off that it probably won’t.

JV
    Topics:

After watching TAR, I think Todd Field will get in. Extremely showy and experimental work, akin to things like The Favourite, Drive My Car, Foxcatcher and Phantom Thread.

I’m also confused by why some people have it missing Screenplay. The opening scene with the interview is already extremely baity.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.