Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
federico ruba..
TrumpBiden
Bonehead

• abelfenty
    Topics:

Ok, let me ask another question:

Between Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, The Woman King, and Till, which has the best chance at a Best Picture nomination?

The Woman King probably. Does anyone care about Till outside of Danielle? And Wakanda Forever is dead in the water. It wasn’t a monumental cultural moment like the first movie and its box office isn’t that impressive.

Mladen
    Topics:

As for blockbusters/sequels, I think Maverick and Avatar 2 are safer bets. Simply, you can’t underestimate the power of James Cameron. I would be really, really surprised if the movie flops.

TAR is safe. It will get critics push, Field and Blanchett are beloved by their peers, movie will probably speak to international (mainly European) audience. It is the only highbrow movie in the bunch. I think it is safe in the field of 10.

As for, Wakanda Forever, The Woman King and Till…I don’t see Till being nominated. Save Deadwyler’s performance, the movie was rather basic. Wakanda, I doubt it… I think the reviews are too mixed for it to get in. The Woman King may surprise.

Spreading the Love: Oscars 2023
    Best Picture: Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Best Director: The Daniels
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Angela Bassett

federico rubachin
    Topics:

Ok, let me ask another question: Between Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, The Woman King, and Till, which has the best chance at a Best Picture nomination?

right now  i think woman king-wakanda forever- till, altough could happend that the PGA nominate wakanda forever and not woman king, damaging his chances

MysticMagix
    Topics:

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

federico rubachin
    Topics:

emancipation start with a 56 in metacritic

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

MysticMagix
    Topics:

emancipation start with a 56 in metacritic

Lets see of critics are going to be truthful or just give bad reviews because they dont like will smith

~ MYSTIC

MysticMagix
    Topics:

This movie is not happening. Just give up.

Who r u to tell people what is and isnt happening? Anyone can be apart of oscar season and discussions. Period.

~ MYSTIC

Bonehead
    Topics:

Did you honestly just lump all Black movies together? Chile, the sneak. 💀 Black movies don’t always need to be competing with each other!! But of these, TWK easily IMO. WF’s buzz died down so quickly and Till just ain’t happening.

It’s perfectly reasonable to ask which movies that appeal to a similar target demographic have the advantage in the Picture race.

It’d be the same if I asked which between The Menu, Glass Onion, and Triangle of Sadness had the best chance of being nominated.

I had no intention of offending anyone when I asked my question, but I also asked it fully aware that you were probably going to get upset by it.

I appreciate that you answered the question. I’m inclined to agree that The Woman King currently has the advantage given that Till and Wakanda Forever are lacking buzz and also because TWK is likeliest to be nominated at the Globes, PGA, and for SAG ensemble.

ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Lets see of critics are going to be truthful or just give bad reviews because they dont like will smith

I personally would just assume the movie is mid. Fuqua’s consistency as a director resembles his MC page which is made up of mostly yellows with only like three in the green.

Cabiria
    Topics:

After watching TAR, I think Todd Field will get in. Extremely showy and experimental work, akin to things like The Favourite, Drive My Car, Foxcatcher and Phantom Thread.

I’m also confused by why some people have it missing Screenplay. The opening scene with the interview is already extremely baity.

I’ll say Todd Field looks safer for a BD nom than Martin McDonagh does, judging on the films themselves. What a brilliant comeback work for Field!

2023:
    "TAR", "Banshees","Batman"

snowball
    Topics:

Can the Emancipation delusion end already? What more proof do you need?

In any case, rooting for Banshees to take this but EEAAO wouldn’t be a bad BP winner either. Better than The Fabelmans anyway. It’s just that the stans are incredibly annoying.

JV
    Topics:

Scott Mantz compared Emancipation to Schindler’s List and said it’s Fuqua x Spielberg 🤣

The PR on this one is just crazy. Never seen something like this.

JV
    Topics:

The Fabelmans is a certified flop. It’s going to VOD on December 13.

TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Never had Emancipation or Will in my predictions. Don’t know why people were hyping it. The trailer looked passable and the director’s previous work is mediocre at best. Bye, bye!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.