Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
federico ruba..
TrumpBiden
Bonehead

• jjjmoss
    Topics:

wonder if we’ll get an irishman this year.

noms left and right, winning nothing.

MysticMagix
    Topics:

wonder if we’ll get an irishman this year. noms left and right, winning nothing.

The fablemans 🙂

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

federico rubachin
    Topics:

strange DGA prediction from sasha stone “DGA Predictions:
    Steven Spielberg, The Fabelmans
    Sarah Polley, Women Talking
    Joseph Kosinski, Top Gun: Maverick
    Baz Luhrmann, Elvis
    Jim Cameron, Avatar: The Way of Water
    Alt: Martin McDonagh, The Banshees of Inisherin”

snowball
    Topics:

The Fabelmans, and Director too. They love Spielberg.

Then why didn’t they give it to West Side Story last season?

kamila
    Topics:

SAG voting begins today. Ensemble is competitive this year, but the timing seems great for Glass Onion to have a chance.

xohours
    Topics:

Selma Linda
    Topics:

Critics are pushing RRR, interesting.

m844
    Topics:

Darlings, even Alfonso Cuaron knew better than to make his semiautobiographical film Roma about himself and focused directly on Cleo, the housekeeper of an upper class household. Minari had an Asian American family migrating to Arkansas to start a farm. Belfast had the backdrop of the Troubles.

To see someone’s very privileged childhood with many nepotistic opportunities because of who their parents were is not interesting. It won’t resonate with audiences especially during an economic downturn, which is why the box office returns were so poor. Privilege doesn’t work anywhere except the Real Housewives and reality shows.

Seeing RRR win Director at NYFCC and now International Film at Atlanta confirms that India made a huge mistake in not submitting RRR to the Oscars for International Feature. It could very well have gotten it its first ever Oscar in the category.

MichelleReign
    Topics:

RRR being critic’s push for the International feature was definitely not on my card! Indian Committee really shitted the bucket. But I do wonder where it can get in at the Oscars if the passion persists even at the Academy.

Decision to Leave needed that noise to make a mark, which it has been missing lately.

nkb325
    Topics:

I think the fact that family drama’s are kind of on a hot streak in BP the last few years is helping keep Fabelmans atop predictions. I personally don’t see it going all the way, but I’m happy for people to keep listing it as the frontrunner as long as they can because as soon as EEAAO actually BECOMES the frontrunner the backlash is going to come out in full swing and I am not looking forward to that discourse.

*For the record I love both movies and both are in my top 10 of the year

MichelleReign
    Topics:

I think the fact that family drama’s are kind of on a hot streak in BP the last few years is helping keep Fabelmans atop predictions. I personally don’t see it going all the way, but I’m happy for people to keep listing it as the frontrunner as long as they can because as soon as EEAAO actually BECOMES the frontrunner the backlash is going to come out in full swing and I am not looking forward to that discourse. *For the record I love both movies and both are in my top 10 of the year

Until you are a Parasite, every best-picture frontrunner faces that backlash. EEAAO will definitely have a charged up passion.

I will be content with nominations for the main cast and crew of EEAAO with Quan and Daniels winning in atleast 1 category. I am not ready for it

MichelleReign
    Topics:

SAG voting begins today. Ensemble is competitive this year, but the timing seems great for Glass Onion to have a chance.

I agree. I though have EEAAO, Fabelmans, Babylon, and Women Talking in my Top 4 as of now. (Women King battling for my 5)

ejaru1810
    Topics:

RRR being critic’s push for the International feature was definitely not on my card! Indian Committee really shitted the bucket. But I do wonder where it can get in at the Oscars if the passion persists even at the Academy.

I could see it showing up in Director and Song

federico rubachin
    Topics:

update on THR predictions:

BEST PICTURE

Frontrunners
    The Fabelmans (Universal)
    Everything Everywhere All at Once (A24)
    Top Gun: Maverick (Paramount)
    Tár (Focus)
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Searchlight)
    Women Talking (UAR)
    Elvis (Warner Bros.)
    Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (Netflix)
    Babylon (Paramount)
    The Woman King (Sony)

Major Threats
    She Said (Universal)
    Thirteen Lives (Amazon)
    Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Disney)
    RRR (Variance)
    Triangle of Sadness (Neon)
    The Whale (A24)
    Aftersun (A24) https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/feinberg-forecast-oscar-predictions-race-enters-december-1235274357/

Steppenwolf
    Topics:

As an South Asian myself, i’ll have to admit that the Indian Committee is dumb as fuck. RRR was right in front of eyes, but they chose a boring hot garbage of a movie instead that has zero international support. That movie recieved backlash because of its uncanny resemblance with Cinema Paradiso. No way it is going to be nominated, or even shortlisted.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.