Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
federico ruba..
TrumpBiden
Bonehead

• Shrek Superslam
    Topics:

Picture:

1. Everything Everywhere All At Once – 8:2
    2. TAR – 7:2
    3. Women Talking – 6:0
    4. Top Gun: Maverick – 5:1
    5. Aftersun – 4:0
      The Banshees Of Inisherin – 4:0
      The Fabelmans – 4:0
      Glass Onion – 4:0
      RRR – 4:0
    6. Decision To Leave – 3:0
      Till – 3:0
    7. The Woman King – 2:1
    8. Avatar: The Way Of The Wind – 2:0
      Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – 2:0
      Bones & All – 2:0
      Elvis – 2:0

Best Director:

1. The Daniels (Everything Everywhere All At Once) – 3:1
      Todd Field (TAR) – 3:1
      Steven Spielberg (The Fabelmans) – 3:1
    2. Sarah Polley (Women Talking) – 3:0
    3. SS Rajamouli (RRR) – 2:1
    4. Park Chan-Wook (Decision To Leave) – 2:0
      Joseph Kosinski – Top Gun: Maverick – 2:0

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Are we underestimating Glass Onion for a BP nom tho’? It’s Netflix main push and it’s been doing great. GG and SAG will most probably love it, it will most likely make AFI and PGA.

Yes it might get in and starting to think it might win for monae

CarlosEdu
    Topics:

Are we underestimating Glass Onion for a BP nom tho’? It’s Netflix main push and it’s been doing great. GG and SAG will most probably love it, it will most likely make AFI and PGA.

If becomes Netflix property, I think it’ll happen. I see potential in categories like Supporting Actress, Adapted Screenplay, Production Design and Editing.

federico rubachin
    Topics:

She Said stays a wrap

?

Victor
    Topics:

Always had Glass Onion in, my only problem with predicting it is that it’s a sequel to a movie that didn’t do much Oscar wise, the rest has AMPAS written all over it.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

Whirlwind
    Topics:

Glass Onion is Netflix’s #1, locked for a Screenplay nom, will be a DLU-level hit (if not bigger), and has Monae as an ace up its sleeve (as well as being Netflix’s #1 acting play). It’s getting in and always was.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

MD
    Topics:

Decision to Leave is not doing that great either. Has it won something? Both Close and All Quiet on the Western Front are doing way better. I don’t think it’s winning International Film anymore. It’s no Drive My Car.

federico rubachin
    Topics:

Respectfully, what is your question? She Said has been shut out completely so far outside of the brand new Sunset Critics Circle group which is mostly an AW thing for its users compiled of a few people. They literally told us 2 years ago they were forming a small group of their own. It’s cool, it’s fun, but She Said stays a wrap in my opinion. I doubt we see it at the globes, I doubt we see it at SAG or BAFTA, Adapted Screenplay or bust at this point. It’s getting absolutely no acting nominations, no craft nominations, no BTL

she said miss the NBR and didn’t win anything in NYFCC same as elvis. So i don’t understand all this exageration

crabbie
    Topics:

We’ll see if She Said can get in at the Globes tomorrow (just like The Post) otherwise it’s only hope is PGA and SAG. I don’t think it’s getting in ensemble for the latter due to the stiff competition and PGA might not even be in its reach.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, Decision to Leave
    Best Director: Park Chan-Wook Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett, Tang Wei
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

Topics:

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Lesson learned: don’t pay any attention to film critics – they are total idiots! Just got home from seeing She Said and WOW!!!!! It is BRILLIANT! A+++!!!!! Maria Shrader’s direction is perfection, the performances are phenomenal, special mention to the amazing film editing, the script is truly one of the best of 2022! Three actresses in particular ought to be frontrunners for their work: Zoe Kazan, Carey Mulligan and Samantha Morton. This SHOULD be an obvious SAG Ensemble nominee. This should easily get a BP nomination and yet it might not be in favor of really ridiculous movies (sigh). This movie was out of this world great! (: (: (:

federico rubachin
    Topics:

I don’t understand why you are bringing up Elvis? I’m sorry if it’s an exaggeration to you, but I stand by my opinion until we see otherwise. Elvis is almost guaranteed a best picture nomination, considering it’s easily going to score 5-6 nominations, outside of even considering the Picture Nom. She Said’s biggest hope was Carey Mulligan (that’s not happening) and then Adapted Screenplay.

oh right, i forgot you are nostradamus

Topics:

federico rubachin
    Topics:

No, I’m just like anyone else on here, stating their opinions. Nothing is factual. I think we all know that, either way we can agree to disagree.

but in what is based your opinion? it haven’t been yet any relevant best suporting nomination were mulligan missed since she said wasn’t elegible in gotham and spirits awards because of the budget

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.