Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
federico ruba..
TrumpBiden
Bonehead

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

MysticMagix
    Topics:

Tbh im taking a swing and thinking top gun or avatar can win best picture. Everything else feels meh.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Cabiria
    Topics:

Late but I just watched All Quiet on Western Front. If there’s a seat in BD for foreign director this year, it will be Edward Berger rather than Park Chan-wook. However, I prefer Decision To Leave because of the subject. As a war film, All Quiet provides nothing new and we got a far better 1917 just 3 years ago. The cinematography and color palette of these 2 films are too alike…

Not sure if this can get BP nom but it sure looks more promising in most categories than Decision to Leave.

2023:
    "TAR", "Banshees","Batman"

Cosmia
    Topics:

Any and all discussion of box office is pointless. Literally everything that isn’t superhero or horror is flopping, with very rare exceptions. But the Academy will still nominate the more prestige stuff for as long as people keep making them.

Topics:

xohours
    Topics:

can totally see Maverick having more overall passion votes than EEAAO

Butz
    Topics:

You know how upset the EEAAO Stans would be if Top Gun won? It’d be even more glorious than when Coda beat Power of the Dogshit. EEAAO was great, wouldn’t mind to see that film win at all, but would also love Maverick to win. It’s arguably the best sequel of all time and will rightly be the most watched film of 2022.

Every day I wonder more and more whether I accidentally bought tickets for a different movie called Top Gun: Maverick that was apparently in theaters at the exact same time the one that everybody else saw was.

For Your Consideration:
    The Banshees of Inisherin in ALL categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Actor (Colin Farrell)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Brendan Gleeson)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Barry Keoghan)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Kerry Condon)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Sheila Flitton)
    - Best Original Screenplay

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Topics:

Butz
    Topics:

Yeah I think you did. You have The Banshees Of Inisherin in your signature. A movie about two bloated drunken men having an argument for 2 hours? And one of the dudes is so pressed he chops off his fingers over it?

Yeah, I think Maverick trumps this one.

Oh I see, you’re a troll and I fell for the bait. You win, congratulations.

For Your Consideration:
    The Banshees of Inisherin in ALL categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Actor (Colin Farrell)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Brendan Gleeson)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Barry Keoghan)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Kerry Condon)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Sheila Flitton)
    - Best Original Screenplay

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Topics:

Ryan
    Topics:

After watching The Fabelmans today, I’m a lot more skeptical about its chances of a win in the categories it has a shot.

Obviously I know they’re different years, but it’s wild that Spielberg has a good chance of winning Director yet Villeneuve wasn’t even nominated last year for Dune.
    I can’t remember a single shot from The Fabelmans that I was struck by apart from Michelle Williams dancing in front of the car lights.

film123
    Topics:

can totally see Maverick having more overall passion votes than EEAAO

get ur eyes checked only people who care about top gun is fadga stans

MysticMagix
    Topics:

LMAO anyone who denies top guns love are blinded by their own biases.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

DanC
    Topics:

My Pre-Thanksgiving Predictions:

1. Everything Everywhere All At Once (The movie that saved the specialty box office)
    2. The Fabelmans (AMPAS already knows that Spielberg is awesome. Will they feel the need to reward him again instead of some new blood?)
    3. Women Talking (It has potential wins in adapted screenplay & a supporting acting category. Where have I heard that before?)
    4. The Banshees of Inisherin (Just a fecking great movie)
    5. Babylon (Potentially this year’s equivalent to The Wolf of Wall Street except with more tech support; too raunchy for sone viewers but undeniable to others)
    6. Tar (The late-night talk show hosts have found their punching bag)
    7. Top Gun Maverick (They have to get high ratings somehow)
    8. The Whale (If Fraser wins, the movie gets nominated & vice versa)
    9. Elvis (WB’s best bet with acting & tech support)
    10. She Said (The runner-up in adapted screenplay? Mulligan and score are possible nominations as well)

1. Daniels
    2. Steven Spielberg
    3. Damien Chazelle
    4. Todd Field
    5. Park Chan-wook

Happy Holidays for all who celebrate!

KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

get ur eyes checked only people who care about top gun is fadga stans

Top Gun is the highest grossing movie of the year with good reviews and a great reception from the audience. I don’t know about best picture yet but it’s clearly going to get a lot of nominations in technical categories and maybe including best song. Saying that nobody cares about it is ridiculous.

I’m a Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga fan and I’ve never understood why so many Taylor Swift fans are so jealous of Lady Gaga’s career. Taylor Swift is clearly the bigger star in the music world but yet you guys continue to be very angry about Lady Gaga’s existence.

Taylor Swift is just playing small roles in bad movies, she’s not even trying to compete with Lady Gaga in terms of acting roles. Are you jealous because Lady Gaga won an Oscar for best song first? Are you mad because Taylor Swift is dominant in pop music but can’t get an Oscar nomination for best song? What the heck is your problem?

It’s not just Lady Gaga you guys are jealous of any other female music star that is successful. You started attacking Olivia Rodrigo because she became too successful for your taste and she’s just a 19 year old girl. You say nice things about Gayle and Sabrina Carpenter because they are flops and in your mind won’t compete with Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift is one of the biggest music stars in the world and has had an outrageous amount of longevity and music awards and has the most insecure fan base on the planet and I want to know why?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.