Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 8)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 477 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
federico ruba..
TrumpBiden
MichelleReign

• Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 8 is now open.

Babylonian
    Topics:

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

juniperberry
    Topics:

lorelei lor
    Topics:

JV
    Topics:

I’m still predicting Babylon because it’s a big tech movie, but it’s low tier right now. Chazelle is not higher than 4th and the Screenplay feels more and more like it won’t get in (I think Nope and Triangle could get its spot)

Woman King feels like Mary Poppins to me.

She Said going for that Adapted/Picture combo, with Score and Supporting Actress in play.

Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

I’m most interested about RRR. It has been cited for Picture or Director literally everywhere so far. If it gets the Globe nom and maintains its momentum it can be a BP contender…

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    2. The Banshees of Inisherin
    3. The Fabelmans
    4. Avatar: The Way of Water
    5. All Quiet on the Western Front
    6. The Batman
    7. TÁR
    8. Top Gun: Maverick
    9. Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
    10. Women Talking

TrumpBiden
    Topics:

90% of this forum did not believe me when I said 6 months ago don’t bet against James Cameron, and Avatar 2 is making the top 10. Now the question is… can Cameron get the director nod?

reputationsgrammy
    Topics:

Not to be crazy, but if I was an Oscar voter I would 100% have Marcel the Shell With Shoes On at the top of my list for Best Picture.

Just the perfect little film that’s genuinely bursting with heart. It’s not some technical juggernaut or a 3-hour self-indulgent character study, but it has so much to say about life: The importance of community, of family, of stepping outside of your comfort zone and not being afraid to live.

Plus, it’s easy to ignore because of the “cute movie” of it all, but such a killer script; The line about going off by yourself during a party and feeling safe to rest because you know so many people are around — like are you kidding me? Easily better than 90% of the shit that’s gonna end up nominated this year. Sorry!

proud delusional swiftie

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Anybody else thinking that Edward Berger might get the “foreign language film” director nomination for All Quiet On The Western Front”? In recent years there is usually ONE foreign language film nominee but usually we have a sense of who it would be by this time….

JV
    Topics:

Anybody else thinking that Edward Berger might get the “foreign language film” director nomination for All Quiet On The Western Front”? In recent years there is usually ONE foreign language film nominee but usually we have a sense of who it would be by this time….

The movie has zero buzz. It may not even get a Foreign Language nom.

It’s deserving, but Netflix had other priorities…

ejaru1810
    Topics:

If there’s a foreign director, my money would be on S. S. Rajamouli

"EGOT" and "Triple Crown of Acting" winner: VIOLA DAVIS!!!!

ejaru1810
    Topics:

Avatar, Banshees, Elvis, Everything, Fabelsman, Maverick, TÁR and Woman Talking are safe imo.

-Woman King is building momentum and hopefully GG, CC and SAG will keep it.

-Babylon looks like a strong craft player with chances for a Robbie and Pitt nominations but the mixed reception and missing both NBR and AFI while Avatar made it, it shows it isn’t strong. Also, it got multiple Satellite awards nomination and still missed Picture.

-Glass Onion has Screenplay on lock and Monae is a contender for supporting actress but the first film was shockingly snubbed.

-She Said seems like the typical Screenplay-only nominee and Mulligan doesn’t seem to have much passion to get in either. The film feels like a non-event.

-It feels like we won’t get an International film nominated this year but we should watch out for RRR. There’s passion for it.

"EGOT" and "Triple Crown of Acting" winner: VIOLA DAVIS!!!!

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

-She Said seems like the typical Screenplay-only nominee and Mulligan doesn’t seem to have much passion to get in either. The film feels like a non-event.

I thought this until I saw the movie. I was so surprised by how brilliant this film actually is: the direction is flawless, the writing is phenomenal, every single performance is spot on, the small details add up – Maria Shrader SHOULD be a Best Director nominee. Kazan, Mulligan and Morton should all be in the conversation for Oscar nominations. The movie is definitely a top 5 contender for me. I didn’t expect to love it and I think it is an AMAZING movie!

federico rubachin
    Topics:

now clayton put top gun maverick as winner of best picture in his new predictions  update https://variety.com/feature/2023-oscars-best-picture-predictions-1235306911/

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 477 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.