Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Setia_Yasmine..
wolfali
Rachel615

• BrazilianDude
    Topics:

The film feels like the Blanchett show so I don’t see many caring for the supporting cast.

That happened with There Will Be Blood. Everybody focused only at DDL’s iconic performance but forgot to pay attention to Paul Dano.

kamila
    Topics:

That happened with There Will Be Blood. Everybody focused only at DDL’s iconic performance but forgot to pay attention to Paul Dano.

Some people actively didn’t like Dano’s performance though. There were mixed takes on him.

Rachel615
    Topics:

The film feels like the Blanchett show so I don’t see many caring for the supporting cast.

Some felt that way about Colman last year in The Lost Daughter but Buckley wound up getting nominated. It’s early yet— there are so many different possible nominees, and some of the potential contenders in the same film may wind up hurting each other’s chances. Nina Hoss seems likely to be Focus Features’ main or only priority for Supporting Actress while MGM/UA, Universal, A24, SONY and Searchlight have a number of options. I don’t think Hoss could win but especially if Tar gets into BP, I think she’s in the conversation for a nomination—- she’s very well respected, especially in Europe.

Selma Linda
    Topics:

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/9/aczr7skj1mlrg3mwk37wk58vc1gjdb

Jean Smart is coming.

K Olivia
    Topics:

I am surprised not many are predicting Nina Hoss for TAR

Any reason for that?

I haven’t seen the film but she’s currently in my predictions. If TÁR ends up being a BP/Director nominee & Blanchett leads again then Hoss might receive a coattail nod.

Heptapod
    Topics:

I do not understand or trust anyone who says Curtis was better than Hsu, or even close to it.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

wolfali
    Topics:

Joyce has Nina Hoss in her predictions after having seen TÁR.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

JV
    Topics:

I do not understand or trust anyone who says Curtis was better than Hsu, or even close to it.

Like, I can see Jamie getting in. It’s not impossible, but she wasn’t better than Hsu.

Hawk
    Topics:

JLC was great in EEAAO, but to say that she was better than Stephanie Hsu is just… lol.

estrelas
    Topics:

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/9/aczr7skj1mlrg3mwk37wk58vc1gjdb Jean Smart is coming.

The amount of bias in this article is sending. The Women Talking bias continues. I’m sorry but not even including Claire Foy as one of the current frontrunners, when she has by far the most acclaimed performance of the movie and arguably out of the contenders so far, is serving pressed. And lol to the Lee Curtis being better than Hsu. 🤡

Some of these people are in for a rude awakening this season.

crabbie
    Topics:

Ruimy seems to have forgetter that since 2018 the critics darling in supporting actress has won this category. Foy is very likely to sweep the critics circle, so to deny her as a frontrunner is hilarious.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

kamila
    Topics:

Joyce has Nina Hoss in her predictions after having seen TÁR.

The queen has spoken! This also means Chris is bound to put Jennifer Connelly in for Top Gun Maverick any day now

LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

I love JLC but if she gets in over Hsu, I might just actually faint. There’s no way.

Lydia 3rd Oscar TAR
    Topics:

Im not giving up hope for Gabrielle Union in The Inspection. That movie is closing NYFF

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: Holy Spider
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Actor: Brendan Fraser
    Best Supporting Actress: Olivia de Leon
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan

MichelleReign
    Topics:

Whoopi looks unrecognizable! Running to add her in my Top 5 predictions

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.