Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Setia_Yasmine..
wolfali
Rachel615

• MD
    Topics:

the thing if she makes Bafta top 3 because the movie isn’t very jury friendly and she isn’t an overlooked British actress she could get snubbed there

They are snubbing Mulligan again, aren’t they?

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

The race for the BAFTA membership top 3 is going to be so chaotic this year if Babylon, The Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All at Once, She Said and Women Talking are all long-listed for best film there.

Foy , Hsu and Condon can get in even without top 3 the performances are very jury friendly the big question if smart , robbie ( if she is supporting ) or Mulligan can get a jury nom

Rachel615
    Topics:

As an FYI, I haven’t seen the movie or read the She Said screenplay but in real life, and the book upon which the movie is largely based, Mulligan’s character, Megan Twohey, IS supporting Zoe Kazan’s character, Jodi Kantor. Kantor was assigned to the story first, and was the one who had the primary relationship with almost all of the duo’s main sources, including Gwyneth Paltrow and Ashley Judd, Miramax EVP for Accounting Irwin Reiter, and the sexually harassed former Miramax employees played in the film by Samantha Morton and Jennifer Ehle, Zelda Perkins and Laura Madden. Twohey was brought on to assist Kantor after she had already been working on the story for months.

There’s a strong argument that moving Mulligan to Supporting isn’t category fraud.

The Oscarguy
    Topics:

Ever since Williams moved from Supporting this category has been insanely fun to predict.

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Ever since Williams moved to Supporting this category has been insanely fun to predict.

and this is only october

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

and this is only september

Honest mistake

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    2. The Fabelmans
    3. The Banshees of Inisherin
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    6. Top Gun: Maverick
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Honest mistake

oops a mistake lol

estrelas
    Topics:

If this supporting placement really is true, I hope Babylon (and Margot) tank as HARD as possible. I can’t with this sh*t anymore…

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

If this supporting placement really is true, I hope Babylon (and Margot) tank as HARD as possible. I can’t with this sh*t anymore…

honestly i never believed in that movie hype , skipping fall festivals , the screenplay is great but Critics will be divisive with it and it might tank since it’s with avatar

CarlosEdu
    Topics:

I have a feeling that Babylon could be the Nightmare Alley of this year: a movie with big buzz because of the director and cast and it’ll have tech nominations (maybe wins) that can make the movie appears in Best Picture but it fails with critics and the box office isn’t good enough. Still, even if Babylon fails I think Margot will get a nomination.

Funny that Babylon could have the same path of First Man, even Claire Foy almost was nominated in Best Supporting Actress.

wolfali
    Topics:

could have the same path of First Man, even Claire Foy almost was nominated in Best Supporting Actress.

And we’re still pissed that she wasn’t nominated.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Mare Sheehan
    Topics:

And we’re still pissed that she wasn’t nominated.

I fell in love with Claire Foy’s performance in this movie and this particular scene was the instance when that happened. Robbed of a nomination.

Emmy and Academy Award Winner - Kate Winslet

moonshineandmollyxo
    Topics:

The thing is if Babylon wasn’t completed in time for festivals but the studio still truly had faith in it, they could have delayed it a year just like Apple did with Killers of the Flower Moon. Think of the budget the movie has, why wouldn’t they want to put their best foot forward if they had faith it could go all the way and win the top prize at the Oscars? Why risk rushing it out and potentially fumbling the bag if they really thought they had a WINNER?

The Oscarguy
    Topics:

The thing is if Babylon wasn’t completed in time for festivals but the studio still truly had faith in it, they could have delayed it a year just like Apple did with Killers of the Flower Moon. Think of the budget the movie has, why wouldn’t they want to put their best foot forward if they had faith it could go all the way and win the top prize at the Oscars? Why risk rushing it out and potentially fumbling the bag if they really thought they had a WINNER?

This sentence makes no sense. Y’all constantly act like late-breaking Oscar contenders don’t happen, even though they happen EVERY year.

Cosmia
    Topics:

The Margot-in-Supporting push seems like a pundit narrative for people who are desperate to get her an oscar (coughzoerosebryantcough)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.