Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 503 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Setia_Yasmine..
wolfali
Rachel615

• lorelei lor
    Topics:

The Margot-in-Supporting push seems like a pundit narrative for people who are desperate to get her an oscar (coughzoerosebryantcough)

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

The Margot-in-Supporting push seems like a pundit narrative for people who are desperate to get her an oscar (coughzoerosebryantcough)

tea lol

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

i wish killers of flower moon got released this year Gladstone would have ran away with it , she deserves it

NevadaR
    Topics:

I was checking the Top 24 users predix and so many are still predicting Sadie Sink. What is going on lol?

estrelas
    Topics:

I was checking the Top 24 users predix and so many are still predicting Sadie Sink. What is going on lol?

At this point, I believe pundits just predict who they feel like pushing and don’t pay attention to reviews or reactions. Hong Chau is clearly ahead, not to mention, Sink got some lashes. Buckley being #1 in the odds doesn’t make any sense either, when her co-star got better reviews and was much more singled out.

estrelas
    Topics:

the obssesion over Margot switching to supporting has been crazy. the push to get her an Oscar is really something else.

NevadaR
    Topics:

Lmao she blocked me last season after I told her that her obsession with Kodi is very weird.

Topics:

Cosmia
    Topics:

I don’t mean to circlejerk, though. It’s just odd how hard people are pushing for it when she’s still in her thirties and has many more years to be recognized.

moonshineandmollyxo
    Topics:

This sentence makes no sense. Y’all constantly act like late-breaking Oscar contenders don’t happen, even though they happen EVERY year.

Yeah, I do know that. 😂 But I’m talking about the fact that the movie has a $110 million dollar budget and is coming out the same month as Avatar 2 and a month after Black Panther 2 (which will have legs and still be a movie to watch for weeks afterwards). Festivals would have helped it SO much. Building word of mouth, building anticipation, it would really help it at the box office. The studio is taking the really risky route. We just saw what happened with Amsterdam when it skipped festivals and went with a ~theatrical release~. It’s because it was BAD. And fine, if you think the reception to Babylon will be rapturous unlike the reception to Amsterdam, remember what happened to West Side Story last year? A film that got RAVES. Still tanked. Why are we acting like the studio only cares about nominations and not the millions and millions that were poured into making it? Why are we acting like a huge film bombing won’t affect it’s narrative going into the awards season? This is not like Nomadland. This is a film that was MADE to be a blockbuster and what if it’s not? People really think it’s still winning regardless? All of this affects Margot’s chances.

Also, the allegations against Pitt coming out now? Yikes. A PR mess. I have been getting this sense about the movie for a while but…if I was the studio exec in charge of Babylon, I would be worried. If the movie was made for $30 mill, it would be totally different. But it’s not like that.

ejaru1810
    Topics:

This argument that Babylon needs to make millions is kind of pointless when last year we had West Side Story, a late breaker with no Festival screening and still did good at the Oscars with 7 nods and 1 win and got multiple GG, CC and BAFTA nods and wins in all of them.

Babylon reminds me a lot of WSS. They won’t win big but the industry will care to at least watch, I mean, a Chazelle film about 20’s Hollywood with Robbie and Pitt, seems like a no brainer.

Avatar is gonna kill it at the Box Office, no one can deny it, but let’s remember WSS went against Encanto and Spider Man and still made it at the Oscars.

moonshineandmollyxo
    Topics:

Yes, but we are literally talking about awards chances for actors, not technical chances and Rachel Zegler despite rapturous raves for her lead performance in WSS did not get nominated for the Oscar. She didn’t have enough time to build momentum for her own performance. She did get critics support though and a GG nom but it still didn’t lead to an Oscar nom.

ejaru1810
    Topics:

Yes, but we are literally talking about awards chances for actors, not technical chances and Rachel Zegler despite rapturous raves for her lead performance in WSS did not get nominated for the Oscar.

And while Zegler missed (did people truly expected her to make it? Someone with only a GG win with no other televised nomination) DeBose won everything. You can still win Oscars even with late breakers.

Robbie is a massive question mark and hopefully we’ll get some info about Babylon to clarify where she’s being submited, but her chances are not as dead as some people may want or wish.

Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.