Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 496 through 503 (of 503 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Setia_Yasmine..
wolfali
Rachel615

• Rachel615
    Topics:

if any movie gets the veteran is She said or the whale those are melodramas that older members love , the new members will push Hsu more since EEAO appeal more to younger members

While I agree that EEAAO is likely to appeal more to younger voters than much older ones, I wouldn’t describe She Said as “melodrama,” which is “a sensational dramatic piece with exaggerated characters.” She Said doesn’t sensationalize what happened and the characters aren’t exaggerated. If anything, the stories and characters are underplayed.

Sab227
    Topics:

Dench > Balfe

Balfe’s performance felt too inauthentic. Dench’s nomination really felt like the acting branch evaluating the best performance in Belfast.

Could not agree more. I absolutely hated Belfast, it was such a boring movie and all the other actors where just kind of there giving boring performances. Then Dame Judi Dench comes on to the screen and is just so sincere and authentic and gracious and you cant help but fall in love with her Performance. She made me tear up twice while I was watching a movie I did not like, that just goes to show how mesmerizing she was and it was a wonderful surprise on nomination day when she got in.

nkb325
    Topics:

Same I didn’t get around to Belfast until after the nominations came out, and I remember being so confused that Dench’s nomination had caused such an uproar. I mean I’m not sure if she would make my final 5, but she’s easily the only person in that movie giving a lived in performance that actually felt like it had a depth to it. All the other adults (Hinds included honestly) felt like they were playing these idealized memories of people existing in brief snippets with no sense of a life when they’re not on screen. Dench actually felt like a real person that kept living after the cameras cut.

LLLhawks
    Topics:

1. Caitriona Balfe is the best part of Belfast.
    2. If She Said gets overnominated and Thirteen Lives gets shut out, I will be pissed.
    3. We can all go ahead and sleep on Woman King now because once the precursors come, that’s when Lashana Lynch will show up and take the win.
    4. Won’t be surprised if Williams gets nominated here after all.

I just love movies. And awards.

Lydia 3rd Oscar TAR
    Topics:

Gabrielle Union looks great in the The Inspection trailer

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: Holy Spider
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Actor: Brendan Fraser
    Best Supporting Actress: Olivia de Leon
    Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan

film123
    Topics:

1. Caitriona Balfe is the best part of Belfast. 2. If She Said gets overnominated and Thirteen Lives gets shut out, I will be pissed. 3. We can all go ahead and sleep on Woman King now because once the precursors come, that’s when Lashana Lynch will show up and take the win. 4. Won’t be surprised if Williams gets nominated here after all.

If Balfe is the best part about Belfast then what does that say about the movie….

MichelleReign
    Topics:

Dolly de Leon and Stephanie Hsu at the 2022 Middleburg Film Festival

MichelleReign
    Topics:

Keeping aside Curtis conversation, I find Hsu’s online presence to be lukewarm courtesy of her subpar PR and publicists. Taylor Russel is everywhere and is getting such mileage. I mean different stats and distribution company but for a relatively newcomer, Academy will notice you if you up there – everywhere. Where is her Vogue video? Where are her high-end magazine covers? Where is her feature drumming her up as the next big thing? Why is her social media presence so dead considering she has been participating in EEAAO-based events offline?

All of these things matter in Oscar’s conversation. EEAAO really has to be beloved for her to sneak into Supporting Actress category. Because otherwise, right now, it seems hard.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 8 posts - 496 through 503 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.