Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 535 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Rachel615
wolfali
laslo

• film123
    Topics:

Of course everyone is “allowed” to predict whomever they want, and Bingwa might well be great in Emancipation, but I’m unaware of any basis this awards “expert” has for concluding that RIGHT NOW, as of today, she’s one of the five actresses most likely to receive a BSA nomination.

tbh are you upset at them not predicting mulligan?

DanC
    Topics:

Pre-Thanksgiving Predictions:

1. Claire Foy, Women Talking
    2. Jessie Buckley, Women Talking
    3. Kerry Condon, The Banshees of Inisherin
    4. Hong Chau, The Whale
    5. Carey Mulligan, She Said

6. Stephanie Hsu, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    7. Dolly de Leon, Triangle of Sadness
    8. Nina Hoss, Tar
    9. Thuso Mbedu, The Woman King
    10. Angela Bassett, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

wolfali
    Topics:

1. Kerry Condon, The Banshees of Inisherin
    2. Claire Foy, Women Talking
    3. Jessie Buckley, Women Talking
    4. Hong Chau, The Whale
    5. Nina Hoss, Tár

6. Stephanie Hsu, Everything Everywhere All at Once
    7. Carey Mulligan, She Said
    8. Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All at Once
    9. Janelle Monae, Glass Onion
    10. Dolly de Leon, Triangle of Sadness

Bassett feels like Yeoh in Crazy Rich Asians all over again to me and Mbedu and Smart both feel like people who will be at 100/1 by the time we get to January like someone like Sink already seems to be heading towards.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Rachel615
    Topics:

tbh are you upset at them not predicting mulligan?

No. I just think it’s currently foolish not to have Chau OR Foy OR Hsu in your top 5. At least one of them is definitely getting in, and probably more than one.

jujutoobootie
    Topics:

Based on EEAAO’s FYC page, it looks like Jamie Lee Curtis will be their Supporting Actress priority.

It’s definitely not in alphabetical order since Ke Huy Quan is listed first as their Supporting Actor priority above James Hong.

JV
    Topics:

Nina Hoss is not getting nominated…

If they want Curtis that bad then she comes along with Hsu (no way she’s missing, fuck all of you) and Jessie Buckley misses.

snowball
    Topics:

I liked EEAAO but the hopedicting from the annoying stans is over the top. You’re acting like it’s the second coming of Jesus Christ and you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. Oh and before I forget f you too. I’ll be popping a bottle of champagne when Banshees wins the Comedy Globe.

juniperberry
    Topics:

I LOVED EEAO. I would not want Curtis in over Hsu though. Or Chau, Foy, Condon, Mbedu. I thought Curtis was good, but there are a lot of great performances this year and there isn’t space for a lazy coattail nomination imo.

I do think it’s odd Curtis has never been recognized by the Oscars?

H_H_
    Topics:

I LOVED EEAO. I would not want Curtis in over Hsu though. Or Chau, Foy, Condon, Mbedu. I thought Curtis was good, but there are a lot of great performances this year and there isn’t space for a lazy coattail nomination imo. I do think it’s odd Curtis has never been recognized by the Oscars?

Funny, I would take all of them over Curtis or Hsu.

Tired of biopics and ham

juniperberry
    Topics:

Funny, I would take all of them over Curtis or Hsu.

lol fair. I wouldn’t complain tbh. If EEAO gets big love, then I do see Curtis slipping in over Hsu. I wish they had an Academy Award for Best Actor/Actress that We Should Have Recognized Years Ago but Didn’t so Here, so Curtis could just go there instead.

H_H_
    Topics:

lol fair. I wouldn’t complain tbh. If EEAO gets big love, then I do see Curtis slipping in over Hsu. I wish they had an Academy Award for Best Actor/Actress that We Should Have Recognized Years Ago but Didn’t so Here, so Curtis could just go there instead.

I do agree Curtis has a better shot than Hsu.

Tired of biopics and ham

juniperberry
    Topics:

I do agree Curtis has a better shot than Hsu.

sadly…

the only factor that would make me root for a Curtis nom is that it’s always nice to see comedy performances recognized, and sci-fi performances too.

Kerry Condon is my personal pick partly because of that (and also, she was brilliant and I was so sad when she wasn’t on screen in Banshees).

Rachel615
    Topics:

I have a feeling the studio is pushing Foy more because they know she has a better chance to win because of the monologue she has.

The studio is listing Foy first, ahead of Buckley, in Women Talking’s FYC ads.

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Again, I am not saying Hsu is getting in for sure. I can see her getting snubbed. But I just don’t see how Curtis gets in over Hsu. Either both get in or neither get in.

Also, how many people will actually be ranking Curtis’s performance as number 1 on their nominating ballots? This is not like Jude Dench last year (that is a flawed comparison for multiple reasons). I really don’t think fans of EEAAO in the Academy’s acting branch will rank Curtis 1st when Hsu is right there.

I can see Curtis getting some precursor love and then missing out for the Oscar. I can also see Hsu just get in at the last minute without any precursors just on the strength of EEAAO (although I am very confident about Hsu getting in at SAG).

jjjmoss
    Topics:

ideally both Everything Everywhere actresses gets in, and one of the other white ladies gets knocked out (esp nina and/or claire).

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.