Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 486 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
crabbie
Victor Cruz
wolfali

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

MysticMagix
    Topics:

Yay keke

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Rachel615
    Topics:

FYI. Last week, Clayton Davis had Charmaine Bingwa in Emancipation in 5th place for Best Supporting Actress, ahead of, among others (ALL of whom he had missing out on a nomination), Hong Chau, Stephanie Hsu, Nina Foss, Claire Foy, Dolly De Leon, Janelle Monae, Gabrielle Union, Jean Smart and Thuso Mbedu. He interviewed Bingwa last week for an episode of his Awards Circuit podcast that was posted yesterday. Today, Davis posted new rankings with Bingwa down to No. 14 in his predictions list. Coincidence? I think not. His decision to lower her probably had something to do with the mediocre reviews Emancipation received, but I’m convinced her ranking of 5 last week was largely due to a desire to be in her good graces when his interview of her took place.

LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

I can really see a Hong Chau win. I hope they focus on The Menu because The Whale is kinda divisive.

Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I haven’t seen Nope but assumed Keke was lead from the promotion…can anyone verify?

FYC:

Zar Amir Ebrahimi - Holy Spider (Best Actress)
    Ana de Armas, Julianne Nicholson - Blonde (Best Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Samantha Morton - She Said (Best Supporting Actress)
    Kerry Condon - The Banshees of Inisherin (Best Supporting Actress)

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

wolfali
    Topics:

I haven’t seen Nope but assumed Keke was lead from the promotion…can anyone verify?

Palmer being in supporting is like if Leonardo DiCaprio or Kate Winslet decided to compete in supporting for Titanic because the film is about the ship sinking and their characters are both in flashbacks that Gloria Stuart narrates.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am surprised and disappointed that Thesu Mbedu as fallen down to tenth place in the odds. She is really a lead but she stole The Woman King imo and gave a truly remarkable performance. I loved Janelle Monae’s performance but she is in 11th place of the 11 who have less than 100-1 odds.

My current predictions are Buckley, Condon, Curtis, Foy and Hsu. I don’t have Chau in my predictions. Carey Mulligan was very good but She Said doesn’t seem to have a lot of energy. We had a big surprise last year with Judi Dench’s nomination but I don’t think we will get one this year.

Evan
    Topics:

While I do really enjoy Carey Mulligan’s performance, Samantha Morton really stood out in her emotionally stirring SUPPORTING performance. It’s only an extended scene, but it’s sat with me all this time. Truly some fantastic work, her single performance so powerful.

Barbra Please
    Topics:

While I do really enjoy Carey Mulligan’s performance, Samantha Morton really stood out in her emotionally stirring SUPPORTING performance. It’s only an extended scene, but it’s sat with me all this time. Truly some fantastic work, her single performance so powerful.

Darling, both Morton and Ehle deserves to be in contention this year. They’re the true supporting players from this movie (you can also say that Morton is a cameo, but still pretty great) not Kazan or Mulligan.

kamila
    Topics:

I understand the decision, but I don’t love that Women Talking delayed its release until the end of the year. It’s probably going to get hit with the same box office shaming that She Said did, with less time to turn the narrative around.

Rachel615
    Topics:

I understand the decision, but I don’t love that Women Talking delayed its release until the end of the year. It’s probably going to get hit with the same box office shaming that She Said did, with less time to turn the narrative around.

I think Women Talking will receive far less box office shaming than She Said because the predominant story line in the trade publications seems to have shifted to the need to save theatrical release of prestige, niche independent films.

Barbra Please
    Topics:

Michelle Williams is winning

Razzie.

Selma Linda
    Topics:

Hong Chau is wonderful in The Whale and deserves all the praise in the world. In my opinion, she saved this movie from being awful.

Cluedon657
    Topics:

December

1. Jessie Buckley (Women Talking)
    2. Jamie Lee Curtis (Everything Everywhere All at Once)
    3. Kerry Condon (The Banshees of Inisherin)
    4. Nina Hoss (Tar)
    5. Carey Mulligan (She Said)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 486 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.