Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2023 Oscars Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 125 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Derrick_Eogha..
salmonpie
ScreamingFire..

• estrelas
    Topics:

I was right about Decision To Leave getting snubbed here. Yikes, sorry estrelas.

🥺😭

It’s okay babe. A part of me, for some reason, was mentally prepared for the incoming tank. I let my love for the movie (and Park) to cloud my judgement. Its BAFTA longlist performance (Director, only non-english film in Original Screenplay longlist, Editing) kinda made me feel it was relatively safe and it did quite well with critics overall. But yeah, I had a weird feeling the shut out was coming. Oh well…

I just hope Park Chan-wook can manage a nom in the future. I guess this just wasn’t the right movie for him to achieve his nom.

ReplyCopy URL

babypook
    Topics:

The Judd Hirsch nomination is just vintage academy. He’s a veteran in a movie they liked, and he’s white and old. Like 99% of the academy voters lol. Just as bad as JK Simmons last year. It’s almost like they have a requirement for a lazy, uninspired nomination once a year

I don’t care if he’s old, white and a veteran in a BP nodded film but I care about his perf.
    I’d take him out in a heartbeat and replace him with anyone else in the running.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

ReplyCopy URL

Berlin2002
    Topics:

This is such a cool stat. I had my doubts but maybe she was clearly third the whole time

And don’t forget 1969’s X-rated ” Midnight Cowboy ” Best Actor nominations for both Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman.

ReplyCopy URL

belzoni1982
    Topics:

Visual effects and Supporting Actor wins seem to be locks of the night

All the other categories will come to the finish line

ReplyCopy URL

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL

Sean C
    Topics:

Best actor is locked for butler

I don’t see how that could be the case when one of his rivals is starring in one of the BP frontrunners and Butler hasn’t beaten him at a major guild/body yet.

He may well win, but to say he’s locked is premature.

ReplyCopy URL

BamaEd
    Topics:

And they say there is no perfect tweet.

ReplyCopy URL

BoundByChains87
    Topics:

The way best actress could have had 3 WOC….but we get this lineup instead.

Hoping the snubs for Viola and Danielle won’t be in vain and Yeoh snatches what’s rightfully hers!

Don’t even get me started on that mess of an Andrea nod…I can’t even…

ReplyCopy URL

ejaru1810
    Topics:

Visual effects and Supporting Actor wins seem to be locks of the night

International Feature too

ReplyCopy URL

syrus80
    Topics:

I’m STILL mad about Alfre Woodard’s snub for Clemency (and yes, Renee was not at all good in Judy!) and then this happens.

Hollywood will Hollywood, every time!

ReplyCopy URL

jujutoobootie
    Topics:

Yeoh’s nom receiving the biggest applause warms my heart

ReplyCopy URL

Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

Visual effects and Supporting Actor wins seem to be locks of the night All the other categories will come to the finish line

Maybe Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL

ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

Entertainment Weekly pushes a disturbing reason why Way of Water got screwed today:  “When Avatar: Way of Water first debuted in December, James Cameron seemed a lock for the best director list. He’s made three of the top six grossing films of all time and Way of Water has earned raves for its visual sorcery and its more emotional, cohesive story than the first Avatar. But while his credentials and the movie’s technical prowess may make his omission a slight snub, it’s not all that surprising given that voters could be waiting for him to complete the franchise and reward him big then.”

Slight?

This is Oscar’s version of kicking the can down the road. The same thing happened to Villeneuve just last year and has no guarantee of a happy ending. No time like the present. Honor the achievement NOW. Peter Jackson should’ve won for Fellowship of the Ring. Considering the train wreck these nominations were today, they hate the guy for being so in touch with moviegoers around the flipping world. They were sent to the usual ghetto of VFX, Sound and Art Direction where all sci-fi movies go to lose. The Oscars are quite diabolical, actually. They can say look, we don’t just nominate movies like Andrea Risebrough’s where only 10 people see them. And the public may fall for it, because they don’t know neither has any shot in hell because both were excluded from director.

And, once more, RUBEN F’N OSTLUND. I’ll put Cameron’s resume up against his every day.

ReplyCopy URL

ZebraTracks
    Topics:

First post, but i’ve lurked for a couple years! Finished 64th (not bad my first try haha). I find these forums to be so fun and entertaining (despite some toxic takes 🤣). Thanks for sharing your love of film ❤️❤️❤️

ReplyCopy URL

ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

Did you EVEN watch TO LESLIE???

Nobody did outside the Southland of L.A.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.